Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 YEAR LATER - DR. BECKER 7.6CM ON TIBIAS  (Read 5322 times)

Bagga

Re: 1 YEAR LATER - DR. BECKER 7.6CM ON TIBIAS
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2023, 04:14:51 PM »

Thanks man. Did anyone you know get treated for osteomyletis at Becker's center? Do you think he has enough experience handling complication cases? When things go wrong is when you would need your surgeon the most.
i think it is super rare for internal nails.
You can email to BeckerBetz institute for more info

Average

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2023, 11:55:21 AM »

Hi Max,  at the hotel is there a area to do work on desks using a laptop and their WIFI? Rather then being in the room.  Is it worth upgrading to a suite rather than a double room (my partner is coming with me)? ta

33greg

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2023, 05:18:48 AM »

Thanks man. Did anyone you know get treated for osteomyletis at Becker's center? Do you think he has enough experience handling complication cases? When things go wrong is when you would need your surgeon the most.

Dr. Becker is a great guy and most of his patients I've met do great and are very happy with him. But the truth is, he exclusively does cosmetic limb lengthening and sometimes discrepancy cases. So he mostly works with healthy patients and not for example the elderly, trauma cases, cases with underlying comorbidities, etc So if there are severe complications like drop foot or infections I am not too sure of his experience with that.
Also he used to do other plastic surgeries prior to his limb lengthening career which some people take issue with.

If you're extremely anxious about this, go to someone else. Presurgery nerves are too hard to handle if you aren't 100% sure. Most people I saw there were generally optimistic and it appeared to me that they weren't thinking too much about major complications. The atmosphere in Freiburg and Dr. Becker's center is generally positive and encouraging.

maxheight35

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2023, 10:34:11 PM »

Hi Max,  at the hotel is there a area to do work on desks using a laptop and their WIFI? Rather then being in the room.  Is it worth upgrading to a suite rather than a double room (my partner is coming with me)? ta

Yes the hotel has tons of different places where you can relax and hustle on the laptop. My personal favorite was the back restaurant lobby in the rooms with the floor to ceiling glass windows over looking the nature.

Also they have all the suites on the 5th floor, and would highly recommend those. I personally didn’t stay in any as they were all booked during my time, however I saw a few and will definitely be locking one in for the full duration of my next surgery. They have a living room, separate dining room, bedroom, jacuzzi tub, and a wrap around balcony overlooking the front and back of the hotel grounds!

ax

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2023, 06:00:57 AM »

Did you decide on Becker instead of a US doctor mainly because of the "package" that included stay and PT? And that the nail is weight bearing ofc.

Your videos on Insta are great, congrats on the recovery!

maxheight35

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2023, 09:09:18 PM »

Did you decide on Becker instead of a US doctor mainly because of the "package" that included stay and PT? And that the nail is weight bearing ofc.

Your videos on Insta are great, congrats on the recovery!

There was many factors for my decision, but yes those two you mentioned are some of the reasons.

Thanks re; videos and recovery…. It’s a journey  ;D

wantingtobetaller

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2023, 02:17:14 AM »

You said you finished lengthening. But what happens when you do that clicking thing with your foot now? Does your tibia still lengthen?

maxheight35

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2023, 04:15:24 AM »

You said you finished lengthening. But what happens when you do that clicking thing with your foot now? Does your tibia still lengthen?

Oh man lol hope it doesn’t click. Check the new X-Rays, looks like the bone healed together quite good. Clicking would be really hard to do re-break the bone and that would hurt so bad.

wantingtobetaller

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2023, 06:06:22 AM »

I have also checked out your instagram. Thank you so much for your information!  Becker is definitely one of the Dr. that I am considering to do surgery with.

dreaming

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2023, 05:18:16 PM »

MaxHeight. I just want to say you are a legend. The information you shared is absolutely invaluable. The IG videos back up everything. You will help many confused and misled people make up their minds whether to do this or not with all this wealth of knowledge. The other thing I want to commend you on is dealing so well with the trolls. There are some crazy stupid trolls on here. I assume they are from rival LL centres. Earlier a female Becker patient, who was posting updates completely stopped posting valuable updates when a horrible troll started attacking her.  It was all of our loss. Who would want to do that but a rival LL company. But you very skilfully dealt with the trolls and continued posted. For that we are all grateful.

maxheight35

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2023, 06:11:59 PM »

I have also checked out your instagram. Thank you so much for your information!  Becker is definitely one of the Dr. that I am considering to do surgery with.

Very welcome. I believe he’s the best.

dylandoes

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2023, 04:55:07 PM »

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone! May I ask what your age is roughly? I only ask because I am 53 and considering doing the surgery. Although Minney would say that's too old. But I am lean and fit so I think it is still possible with a really good doctor.
Thank you

Rockstarz5

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2023, 05:12:07 PM »

I havent done the operarion yet, but I have read until 60yesrs is fine as long you are healty and don’t smoke,

short but sweet

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2023, 02:35:17 PM »

hey maxheight , congrats on achieving 3 inches. I had 2 questions

1.Why didn't you stretch during lengthening ? that's one thing every LL vet recommends not skimping on
2.What made you stop ? was it pain ? Did you stop the moment you started feeling pain or when you saw it wasn't going away even after a while ?
Cuz I have read that people start feeling pain when they hit certain lengths(4cm,7cm) , but after a while it goes away if they keep pushing.So should we stop the moment it starts hurting(and give up on potential gains), or should we keep going and stop only if its protracted pain ?

maxheight35

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2023, 02:34:14 AM »

MaxHeight. I just want to say you are a legend. The information you shared is absolutely invaluable. The IG videos back up everything. You will help many confused and misled people make up their minds whether to do this or not with all this wealth of knowledge. The other thing I want to commend you on is dealing so well with the trolls. There are some crazy stupid trolls on here. I assume they are from rival LL centres. Earlier a female Becker patient, who was posting updates completely stopped posting valuable updates when a horrible troll started attacking her.  It was all of our loss. Who would want to do that but a rival LL company. But you very skilfully dealt with the trolls and continued posted. For that we are all grateful.

Thank you. Yeah there’s a lot of keyboard warriors out there lol. Don’t let them stop you from achieving your dreams and goals  ;)

maxheight35

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2023, 02:34:53 AM »

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone! May I ask what your age is roughly? I only ask because I am 53 and considering doing the surgery. Although Minney would say that's too old. But I am lean and fit so I think it is still possible with a really good doctor.
Thank you

I’m 35. I think if you’re feeling good about it then you should do it!

ax

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2023, 02:57:54 AM »

everyone who questions the doc's ability to handle complications (because he comes from a plastic surgery hair transplant background and does only CLL surgeries) is not a troll or from a rival LL centre.

it's funny no one can actually answer this genuine question.

maxheight35

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2023, 09:01:47 PM »

everyone who questions the doc's ability to handle complications (because he comes from a plastic surgery hair transplant background and does only CLL surgeries) is not a troll or from a rival LL centre.

it's funny no one can actually answer this genuine question.

To be fair, just because he was a plastic surgeon in another industry doesn’t mean he can’t be very good at something new. Obviously the guy spent many years training under Betz before taking the initiative to do it himself.

You have doctors who’ve been doing LL for 10+ years and still don’t have the right system in place, the proper nails, physical therapy, etc… and are strictly focused on money only.

Becker could easily charge 90k+ for the level of overall service he provides. 

maxheight35

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2023, 09:57:19 PM »

hey maxheight , congrats on achieving 3 inches. I had 2 questions

1.Why didn't you stretch during lengthening ? that's one thing every LL vet recommends not skimping on
2.What made you stop ? was it pain ? Did you stop the moment you started feeling pain or when you saw it wasn't going away even after a while ?
Cuz I have read that people start feeling pain when they hit certain lengths(4cm,7cm) , but after a while it goes away if they keep pushing.So should we stop the moment it starts hurting(and give up on potential gains), or should we keep going and stop only if its protracted pain ?

Thanks!

1. I stretched, but very little. I just didn’t feel like I needed it at the time, as I was walking pretty good. I definitely felt it as time went on.

2. Started to really feel it around 7cm to where the ballerina foot started to happen. However I wanted 3 inches so I kept going to 7.6cm !

As I look back, I do believe that if I had started doing the proper stretching while lengthening, and the hot salt baths (these help a lot!) - then could have pushed to 8-9cm for sure.

All good tho. Lesson learned and still extremely satisfied with 3 inches!!!

Bagga

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2023, 02:37:25 AM »

Thanks!

1. I stretched, but very little. I just didn’t feel like I needed it at the time, as I was walking pretty good. I definitely felt it as time went on.

2. Started to really feel it around 7cm to where the ballerina foot started to happen. However I wanted 3 inches so I kept going to 7.6cm !

As I look back, I do believe that if I had started doing the proper stretching while lengthening, and the hot salt baths (these help a lot!) - then could have pushed to 8-9cm for sure.

All good tho. Lesson learned and still extremely satisfied with 3 inches!!!
When did you feel the walking with difficulty?  5cm or 6cm?
You didnt use any crutches during LL?

maxheight35

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2023, 06:11:07 AM »

When did you feel the walking with difficulty?  5cm or 6cm?
You didnt use any crutches during LL?

7cm

ax

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2023, 08:15:11 PM »

To be fair, just because he was a plastic surgeon in another industry doesn’t mean he can’t be very good at something new. Obviously the guy spent many years training under Betz before taking the initiative to do it himself.

You have doctors who’ve been doing LL for 10+ years and still don’t have the right system in place, the proper nails, physical therapy, etc… and are strictly focused on money only.

Becker could easily charge 90k+ for the level of overall service he provides. 

see the point it is, he does only CLL surgeries and does not seem to do any standard ortho work. so yes most cases will turn out well because he is good at it but if there are complications then I don't know if he has capabilities to handle it. Lots of things can go wrong and you might need his expertise in nerve decompression, nail exchange, bone infection treatment, fractures etc  This part of his background is very unclear. I think the patients who go to him just don't worry so much about things going wrong in general.

I think he is a great guy though don't get me wrong. Easily more caring than most docs out there which is why his patients like him.

Trust

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2023, 11:25:22 PM »

You are an absolute legend!! I appreciate you sharing your LL experience in great depth, Absolutely remarkable!

I have consulted with Dr. Becker already and seriously considering doing LL in the tibias like you did. I plan to take recovery and stretching very serious.

My only question is how many months after the surgery did it take you to walk normal again and do exercise after lengthening 7.6cm??

As you mentioned limping around the whole time but as time went on it became less and less and then you were walking normal as well to killing cardio on the stair-master.

Newbie2023

• Visitor
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2023, 07:46:24 AM »

I’m thinking of maybe doing 3 inches tibias… my q is, would you be able to provide us with a pic of you in boxers of your lower torso for proportion? I don’t care about arm length I just want to get a better idea of the tibia to femur proportion. I followed the IG and saw the entire thing, thanks for your contribution.

short but sweet

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2023, 05:06:24 PM »

from your experience , do you think someone could achieve 11-12 cm tibial legthening via betzbone , if they stretched and did other stuff dilligently ?
cuz it has already been proven that 11-12cm can be achieved on the femur (albeit with reduced mobility)

maxheight35

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2023, 03:14:52 AM »

You are an absolute legend!! I appreciate you sharing your LL experience in great depth, Absolutely remarkable!

I have consulted with Dr. Becker already and seriously considering doing LL in the tibias like you did. I plan to take recovery and stretching very serious.

My only question is how many months after the surgery did it take you to walk normal again and do exercise after lengthening 7.6cm??

As you mentioned limping around the whole time but as time went on it became less and less and then you were walking normal as well to killing cardio on the stair-master.

Thank you!

I started walking normal around 3 months after finishing the lengthening.

Oeconomo

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2024, 11:36:59 AM »

Hey man ! Was following your other thread for months. I have my surgery with Becker late February 2024 for femurs. How are you feeling now in terms of mobility, pain, physical limitations ?

Beemer m3

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2024, 04:03:37 AM »

dam 94k is alot of money. how did u save up all that money? must of saved since u were in ur 20's. hows ur recovery? it must be nice to have gain so much. i stopped early because of a few complications. i couldnt go further at 5.5cm.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up