Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feet swelling after surgery  (Read 316 times)

Hldrive

Feet swelling after surgery
« on: November 30, 2023, 08:13:53 AM »

Hello,

I’ve done external limb lengthening on tibias, and I have the external device removed 2 months ago and my feet swell up after walking. They didn’t swell at all before the surgery, how long until they stop swelling based on your experience?

Also, how do I fix an ankle that is slightly pointing inward?

Body Builder

Re: Feet swelling after surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 12:42:41 PM »

Hello,

I’ve done external limb lengthening on tibias, and I have the external device removed 2 months ago and my feet swell up after walking. They didn’t swell at all before the surgery, how long until they stop swelling based on your experience?

Also, how do I fix an ankle that is slightly pointing inward?
I don't remember any swelling when I walked after lengthening but I believe that after about a month you will be better. It may has to.do with muscle atrophy.
About your ankle, if it an achilles tendon issue (if they are stiff the ankle points inward) with stretching and walking it will be fixed. But if there is an issue with varus then it can't be fixed without a correction surgery. Have you seen your last x rays before.frame removal? Was your tibias completely straight ?

Beemer m3

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 02:00:39 PM »

My neighbor had his ankles pointed inwards. I think ur pt guys will fix that issue. More walking, standing, angle lifts for u to stand on. Like stand on a book with ur heels on the air and push ur foot down. Just alot of this will help. I'm no pt guy though. My foot gets a rush of blood going down when I walk and lift my foot up and down. But not really swelling.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Hobbit99

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 02:11:08 PM »

I also have feet swelling. I had the surgery (tibia externals) on october 11. At first only the legs were swollen because of the edema/hematoma. Then after about 2 weeks from the surgery the feet become swollen and still are today.
Currently lenghtening Tibia with Ilizarov method By Alexander Kirienko in Italy

162cm -> 168 cm goal

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=84798.msg270786#msg270786
Pages: [1]   Go Up