Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst outcome after surgery?  (Read 1041 times)

Staystrong

Worst outcome after surgery?
« on: December 04, 2023, 06:00:13 AM »

Are there any patients who lost leg after the surgery? Any cases of that?
I heard about a few cases when patients died and I guess every case is individual but how about leg?

If you go to one of reliable doctors (not to Turkey, India etc) even with possible complications you will survive?

Acemace86

Re: Worst outcome after surgery?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 02:34:20 PM »

As far as the operating room is concerned it is not a high risk procedure. This is not a heart transplant.

Kintaeryos

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 02:42:55 PM »

As far as the operating room is concerned it is not a high risk procedure. This is not a heart transplant.
So the potential for serious problems comes later during the lengthening and recovery?

wantingtobetaller

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 04:16:47 AM »

I am not gonna sugarcoat it. I will just state the facts.

There are people that have died right after the surgery.

I mean there is a no-name actor that have died right after getting this surgery due to abnormally high fever.

I read it in an article once.

Although rare, you can also die from full body anesthesia.

Anyways, if you are gonna do this surgery, make sure to get it done somewhere safe to minimize any risks.

Beemer m3

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 06:17:57 AM »

U can die from fat embolism. Rarely hear about it in limb lengthening but in Brazilian butt lift u hear about it. U can die from anesthesia but rarely hear about that. Heard about anesthesia death from breast implants. But even having a baby u get anesthesia so its rare.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Kintaeryos

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 12:09:10 PM »

U can die from fat embolism. Rarely hear about it in limb lengthening but in Brazilian butt lift u hear about it. U can die from anesthesia but rarely hear about that. Heard about anesthesia death from breast implants. But even having a baby u get anesthesia so its rare.
Is it true that fat embolism is only a possibility if you do tibial lengthening or tibias+femurs together (which most doctors won't do)?

Beemer m3

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023, 10:49:58 AM »

i have no clue. i didnt research enough just heard fat getting into the blood stream and something like that.
i think the worst outcome for having the surgery is lengthening too much and you dont know the outcome of when you can walk normally again. you want to get up and move but are limited and still waiting on your bones to consolidate. at least we get crutches so its not so bad.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Kintaeryos

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2023, 03:09:17 PM »

i have no clue. i didnt research enough just heard fat getting into the blood stream and something like that.
i think the worst outcome for having the surgery is lengthening too much and you dont know the outcome of when you can walk normally again. you want to get up and move but are limited and still waiting on your bones to consolidate. at least we get crutches so its not so bad.
Plus if you use a fully weightbearing nail it speeds up the recovery a lot right? Cause I assume you don't lose as many leg muscles.

erlang

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2023, 02:38:12 PM »

Is it true that fat embolism is only a possibility if you do tibial lengthening or tibias+femurs together (which most doctors won't do)?

I saw Dr.Assayag's post on this issue, he said that there is a risk only during installation of the nail

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65693.msg182778#msg182778

nick-sh.

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2023, 03:55:21 PM »

Guys, it is difficult to die from this surgery but if you go to Egypt and do the LL surgery with Yasser Elbatrawy it is almost sure that you will never walk normally like before!
He is very clumsy and dangerous.When i was in Cairo for the LL procedure,i noticed that almost all of his patients had very serious complications.
One of them ended up not feeling his legs at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up