Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "I spent $175K on ‘most painful surgery ever’ to grow 6 inches" (News Article)  (Read 871 times)

NailedLegs

https://nypost.com/2023/12/07/news/yeferson-cossio-spends-175k-on-leg-lengthening-surgery/

The above news article talks about a Columbian man who underwent Limb Lengthening via LON with a monolateral fixator on his tibias. I think this will be an interesting topic to discuss. Here's some interesting points and questions to consider:

1) "Cossio, who boasts more than 28 million followers across Instagram and TikTok, estimates that he spent between 200 million and 700 million Colombian pesos for the treatment — the equivalent of roughly $50,000 and $175,000."

How does he not know the exact price? That's a huge difference! 50k to 175k!? That is very suspicious! Especially for LON, 175k is utterly ridiculous! There's ZERO chance he's telling the truth. You can get your tibias done with PRECICE by Dr. Paley for less than that!

2) Look at the first picture of him in the red shirt posing with someone. It looks like he has bowed legs. What do you think?

3) Who is his Doctor? I cannot find the Doctors name, only "IQ InterQuirófanos" based on the surgical cap they are wearing in the video. I found their Instagram page and Facebook page. It appears like they are a surgical group specializing in plastic surgery, but I can't find any mention of Limb Lengthening. I see "mommy makeovers" and "rhinoplastys", but no orthopedic surgeons. Their website also does not load for me. I've never heard of anyone getting this procedure done in Columbia. Perhaps someone on this forum speaks Spanish and can translate?

4) Did he gain 4 inches or 6 inches of height? 6 inches is 15.2 cm!!! There is no way he did 15.2 cm on his tibias alone! No way! Even 4 inches is 10.1cm! It's very unlikely he actually did 10cm on his tibias alone. The article also states he was 5'8", but elsewhere he gained 6 inches of height to gain 6'0". So which is it? Did he go from 5'8" to 6'0"? Or did he go from 5'6" to 6'0"? There is clearly a typo or a lie.

What do you think?
"Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!"

Current LL plan:
QLL in Early 2025 using the PRECICE nail with Dr. Birkholtz.
4cm tibia, 4cm femur. One year later, re-break for another 4+4. 167cm -> 175cm -> 183cm

Beemer m3

Last time reading the NY post they made an article on sum grl growing 5 inches when in reality it was 5cm she grew in the tibia. They showed her xray. They really are confusing and misleading facts. U can't typically grow 5 inches in the tibia alone or u will be the first to do it. U will have horrible muscle tissue issue. The 175k surgery is probably for 2 segments but 152 days is probably quadrilateral surgery where they didn't mention another misleading article
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

sxxa

Ok here I go, as a spanish speaker let me tell you a few points, he said he was 5'10" not 5'8", price isn't disclosed but I agree, even 50k for externals is way too much. I don't know why but Colombia is expensive.

Doctor, is Dr. Leon Mora, based in Medellin, I actually have him on my lists of drs since Im in relatively near location. He is a solid doctor, worked in re constructions. But there is something really sus about him and what he did with the tattoo guy. He told him "he could gain max 10cm on tibias". And we all know that's absolute BS. Why would he suggest such a bold statement? Not even the worst of the worst (Buldu) say that.

You can check him on IG "drleonmora", it would be good to have a discussion on him.
174 morning height
172 at night.

YOUNGandSTRONG

This reminds me of a decade-old ABC News story where a New Yorker went from 5'6 to 6'0, you know who I'm talking about..
A handsome boy who just wants to be tall

Aiming for Betzbone at Becker/Betz Institute.

NailedLegs

Ok here I go, as a spanish speaker let me tell you a few points, he said he was 5'10" not 5'8", price isn't disclosed but I agree, even 50k for externals is way too much. I don't know why but Colombia is expensive.

Doctor, is Dr. Leon Mora, based in Medellin, I actually have him on my lists of drs since Im in relatively near location. He is a solid doctor, worked in re constructions. But there is something really sus about him and what he did with the tattoo guy. He told him "he could gain max 10cm on tibias". And we all know that's absolute BS. Why would he suggest such a bold statement? Not even the worst of the worst (Buldu) say that.

You can check him on IG "drleonmora", it would be good to have a discussion on him.

Thank you for translating. I agree with what you said, 10cm on tibias is BS. That is very worrying a Doctor would say that, and makes me question his experience and credentials.

So basically he gained 2 inches, or about 5cm on tibias with LON? Going from 5'10" to 6'0? 5cm is much more believable and achievable.
"Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!"

Current LL plan:
QLL in Early 2025 using the PRECICE nail with Dr. Birkholtz.
4cm tibia, 4cm femur. One year later, re-break for another 4+4. 167cm -> 175cm -> 183cm

sxxa

Thank you for translating. I agree with what you said, 10cm on tibias is BS. That is very worrying a Doctor would say that, and makes me question his experience and credentials.

So basically he gained 2 inches, or about 5cm on tibias with LON? Going from 5'10" to 6'0? 5cm is much more believable and achievable.

I've been following him on IG to see his progress. He is still with the frames. I follow the Dr too, he have some patient stories there, and a lot of patients praise him for his expertise. I'm not saying he is the goat but he seems pretty solid. What I don't understand is his suggestion of 10cm. Could be a lame marketing tactic but that is plain disingenous.
174 morning height
172 at night.

Christopherbulder

This reminds me of a decade-old ABC News story where a New Yorker went from 5'6 to 6'0, you know who I'm talking about..

Apotheosis.  5.7. TU 6.2.  20 CM
Pages: [1]   Go Up