Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Koehne Femur 5 cm diary  (Read 878 times)

Fancy

• Visitor
Dr. Koehne Femur 5 cm diary
« on: January 31, 2024, 12:19:46 AM »

Hello guys,
I'm a 33-year-old female and I'm currently in the process of lengthening my right femur.
I am 148 cm tall and only do femur at 5 cm. For many it wouldn't be worth it, but for me it's great.
I chose Dr Koehne because he is only an hour away from me and I have great trust in him. Also, one leg is done first and then the other. It takes longer, but has many advantages. You are mobile and it is less strenuous.
Everything together cost me 57,000 euros.
I had my operation on January 12th on my right leg. The hospital in Penzberg is great and I felt surprisingly well. After 5 days I went home on crutches. The first week at home was probably the hardest time, but still bearable compared to what I read here.
From the second week onwards I no longer needed painkillers. I only take vitamin D and vitamin B. I am surprisingly flexible and mobil on crutches and can look after myself in the house. Of course I still have pain from time to time, but it's bearable 2/10 but often also 0/10. I am currently lengthening 0.7mm every day and it works painlessly for me. The nights are mostly ok too. For emergencies I have Tilidine, which I only had to take 3 times.
The first week after each extension I had more pain, so I went down to 0.7. On February 7th the second examination with Dr. Koehne and I want to keep you updated

4cm

Re: Dr. Koehne Femur 5 cm diary
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 07:46:56 AM »

Hi,

Thank you for sharing, I'm very interested in your dairy, I want to do LL for 4 or 5 cm and one leg at a time, can you tell me how long does it take post op, you can go to work (office work), I can have one month vacation and one month off, sorry for my english. Please keep us update

Fancy

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 07:55:46 AM »

Hi,

Thank you for sharing, I'm very interested in your dairy, I want to do LL for 4 or 5 cm and one leg at a time, can you tell me how long does it take post op, you can go to work (office work), I can have one month vacation and one month off, sorry for my english. Please keep us update

That depends on how it works for you. I could imagine working in an office job now or in a week. However, it's still more strenuous than being at home, I pay a lot of attention to my body and see when it wants to move and how. Home office would be best. But that's the advantage of only having one leg. Your life can continue as normal. But it takes longer.

Beemer m3

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 07:57:44 AM »

is this precice 2.2 that you are doing? havent heard of 5 cm femurs before but its your choice. mostly its 5 cm tibias.  for femur u can probably get away with 6.5 cm without discomfort in the knees and hip. so ur mostly doing your own pt ? 57k is alot of money but a good price if its precice 2.2
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Fancy

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 10:38:08 AM »

is this precice 2.2 that you are doing? havent heard of 5 cm femurs before but its your choice. mostly its 5 cm tibias.  for femur u can probably get away with 6.5 cm without discomfort in the knees and hip. so ur mostly doing your own pt ? 57k is alot of money but a good price if its precice 2.2

It is precice,  I know it's a lot of money and there are some countries like Turkey and India where it would be cheaper. But I wanted to take as little risk as possible. And here I am at home. Yes, I do pt by my own.

Beemer m3

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 08:45:45 PM »

did ur doctor tell u anything about weight bearing? i mean since u started the nail is a little stronger but when u get to 2.5 cm the nail can bend when u walk without crutches. u got one leg that u can put full strength but not sure about the other. jus be careful.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Fancy

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2024, 09:21:23 PM »

did ur doctor tell u anything about weight bearing? i mean since u started the nail is a little stronger but when u get to 2.5 cm the nail can bend when u walk without crutches. u got one leg that u can put full strength but not sure about the other. jus be careful.

Unfortunately, I can only put 20 kg on the nail, which means I have to walk on crutches until I have built up enough bone. Unfortunately, my bone was too thin for the nail to bear its full load. I'm definitely careful

Fancy

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2024, 04:09:05 PM »

Update:

I went to Dr. Koehne for a follow-up check today and everything looks good. I currently have 1.8 cm and everything is dragging on. Since I've been struggling with nerves and muscle pain more and more over the last week, I have one day I took a break and what can I say: it was great. Everything recovered and I was pain-free again. I will now only lengthen 0.5 mm per day. It is so much more pleasant. In the end you are just as fast, because the bone grows back and this phase is shortened

li2028

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2024, 05:25:12 AM »

Hope you are safe and recover soon.Thanks for sharing.

tilli

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2024, 03:46:06 PM »

I also wanted to use my chance to say thanks, it's highly appreciated. I'm thinking about doing quad at Dr. Köhne. Do you think we could get in touch more closely? If you feel like it please private message me some contact data, @Fancy, would be amazing! My native language is German since I'm living in the south of Germany.

Fancy

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2024, 06:03:48 AM »

I also wanted to use my chance to say thanks, it's highly appreciated. I'm thinking about doing quad at Dr. Köhne. Do you think we could get in touch more closely? If you feel like it please private message me some contact data, @Fancy, would be amazing! My native language is German since I'm living in the south of Germany.

Ja voll gerne, ich schreibe dir eine private Nachricht 😊

alex94germany

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2024, 03:21:31 PM »

Liebe Fancy!

Wie geht es dir aktuell? Wie läuft das Verlängern und das alltägliche Leben?

Ich werde in zwei Wochen auch meine OP bei Dr. Köhne haben (5-5,5 cm Femur) und werde dein Diary auch aufmerksam verfolgen..werde auch dieses oder nächstes Wochenende einen Post starten und im Forum Updates geben. Würde mich total freuen, wenn wir vielleicht lose in Kontakt hierüber bleiben könnten!

Liebe Grüße! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up