Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 8 femur, then 8+5 mockups  (Read 496 times)

13cmklt

• Visitor
8 femur, then 8+5 mockups
« on: February 07, 2024, 09:27:11 PM »

Left is 8cm femurs, right is 8cm femur/5cm tibia. How bad does it look?

https://imgur.com/a/NdLLqkm

opimisme2022

Re: 8 femur, then 8+5 mockups
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 10:50:13 PM »

What's your height now? and what is you arm span length? and what's your legs torso ratio?

I'm not sure how accurate your mockup is.. but the right one is definitely unnatural.

I would suggest to do 6cm on both femur and tibia.. so your body feels balanced.. don't forget it's not only about the standing height.. but also your daily activities.. sport.. your intimate life in bed.. etc etc.. better to have a balanced legs.. and 12cm extra would be fine..

But again I'm not sure how accurate your mockup is.. I feel you exaggerated the lengthening in both mockups

Samuel

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 11:25:20 PM »

Clothes can cover it but femurs looks too long for me, If I was you I would lengthen 5 cm for each segment so in total 10 cm, that couldn't damage any proportions. I know that we all want to use max potential and yes 8 cm is possible even 10 cm is possible for femurs but is our goal only max potential? There is also one of the main thing which called proportions and 8 cm for only one segment is too much for me

1team

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 12:54:34 AM »

Here's the honest answer. Looks like you did the mock up wrong. The 8cm femur on left looks closer to patients who have done 10cm which looks kinda goofy but just wear pants always and your good to go. The right one forget about it. My guess is your originally around a 170cm guy based on your proportions but you don't have the wingspan or torso to pull off what you want. Any other response is cope.

People might not call you out as a LL patient YET but they will know something is off, general public aren't that braindead. As this surgery gets more mainstream which it has been you will be marked as an obvious surgery patient. If you have weird proportions after this like looking like you need arm lengthening you messed up. Probably revise your goals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up