Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DR GIOTIKAS ATHENS  (Read 1206 times)

AD93

DR GIOTIKAS ATHENS
« on: March 08, 2024, 09:45:19 AM »

Hello,

I booked my surgery on the 28th of March 2024 with Dr. Giotikas in Athens. I promise that I will keep you all updated with everything and wish me luck please.

Precise 2.2
Height:168 cm
Goal: 176 cm

Rellec

Re: DR GIOTIKAS ATHENS
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 02:00:55 PM »

Goodluck! i will follow your journey, i'm also interested in doing precice femurs with giotikas, how did you find an apartment in ahtens without stairs and with a elevator large enough for the weelchair? This is what worries me the most about precice, in greece it looks like it's impossible to find accessible apartments, it's the reason why i'm keen on waiting for the release of pmax in europe
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 02:31:05 PM by Rellec »

CLLvet

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 02:14:03 PM »

Goodluck! i will follow your journey, i'm also interested in doing precice femurs with giotikas, how did you find an apartment in ahtens without stairs and with a elevator large enough for the weelchair? This is what worries me the most about precice, in greece it looks like it's impossible to found accessible apartments, it's the reason why i'm keen on waiting the release of pmax in europe

I did surgery in Athens twice (2019 and 2023). Both times I found great apartments that were suitable for Limb Lengthening patients.

I spent a lot of time viewing different apartments because I am a picky sleeper. Most of the apartments I found were in the city center because I enjoyed living in that area. But I know a few options in other parts of the city as well. I am still in contact with the Airbnb owners over there.

Feel free to reach out to me via PM (or ask further questions on this thread) if you want some advice regarding this process. Best of luck.   
174 cm (starting height), 188 cm (current height)

-8 cm femur w/ Stryde in 2019, with Dr. Giotikas (Greece)
-6 cm tibia w/ Taylor Spatial Frames (TSF)  Lengthening and Then Nailing (LATN) in 2023, with Giotikas (Greece)

AD93

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 02:59:00 PM »

I searched through Airbnb and contacted one that's 1 min away from the center and they said there are no stairs at all. I didnt see it yet so I hope it is good to stay in I booked it for 14 days only to see how it is.

AD93

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 02:59:30 PM »

Hey bro I would really appreciate it if you could share them with me I'll message you. :)

AD93

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 03:06:28 PM »

Feel free to reach out to me via PM (or ask further questions on this thread) if you want some advice regarding this process. Best of luck.
[/quote]

I have a few questions for you that could hopefully help me and other people :)

-regarding the TSF since you did it and I think I might do that later in my Tibias since precise again would be costly for me lol. How was the process was there an infection during the process or any complications?

- Were you able to reach 8 cm easily ? you were very flexible before you got the surgery and that's why you reached the max length on the nail? I really want to reach the max since I paid that much you know what I mean.

AD93

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2024, 03:07:19 PM »

I hope everyone can benefit from my journy I'll try to provide as much details as possible

Sigma

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2024, 04:57:28 PM »

Stop spamming, kid. The ugly-faced your doctor did not feel sorry for the patient he killed. Also your doctor never talks about disabled patients. You constantly spam to appear in Recent Posts. Nobody will go to your the butcher doctor. It is stupidity to have this surgery in Greece. Classic fake giotikas diaries... All the same. And all those who write in the diary are giotikas employees or PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO HAVE SURGERY. Those who create a diary with writing are stupid. And those who believe in them are even more stupid. I can tell you that I went to Mars and had surgery there. I can take any xray image from the internet and show it as my own xray image. These companies do these things to find stupid customers. Stay away from these companies.
Athensbjr - Giotikas
Livelifetaller - Halil buldu - Sedat
Wannabetaller - Yunus
Yuksel Yurttas
Limblengthening-center - Serkan Gurcan
Lengthening Turkey - Fatih arslanoglu
AFA - Mustafa uysal
Becker
Also Iran - India - Greece - Armenia - Russia - Vietnam - Egypt
Going for femur precice2 / Lon tibia with Dr. Donghoon Lee in a few years.
Starting height 173cm. Goal 186 to 187cm.
You can always be thinner, look better.

AD93

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2024, 05:17:20 PM »

Stop spamming, kid. The ugly-faced your doctor did not feel sorry for the patient he killed. Also your doctor never talks about disabled patients. You constantly spam to appear in Recent Posts. Nobody will go to your the butcher doctor. It is stupidity to have this surgery in Greece. Classic fake giotikas diaries... All the same. And all those who write in the diary are giotikas employees or PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO HAVE SURGERY. Those who create a diary with writing are stupid. And those who believe in them are even more stupid. I can tell you that I went to Mars and had surgery there. I can take any xray image from the internet and show it as my own xray image. These companies do these things to find stupid customers. Stay away from these companies.
Athensbjr - Giotikas
Wannabetaller - Yunus
Yuksel Yurttas
AFA - Mustafa uysal
Becker

dude you almost mentioned all the countries in the world. I've been told the patient who died was fasting and was not taking his blood thinners. Also to be honest none of the diaries for Giotikas here seem fake. I know for sure that livelifetaller and wannabetaller are trash talking each other and creating fake diaries...

CLLvet

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2024, 06:12:01 PM »

I have a few questions for you that could hopefully help me and other people :)

-regarding the TSF since you did it and I think I might do that later in my Tibias since precise again would be costly for me lol. How was the process was there an infection during the process or any complications?

- Were you able to reach 8 cm easily ? you were very flexible before you got the surgery and that's why you reached the max length on the nail? I really want to reach the max since I paid that much you know what I mean.

TSF actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The frames are uncomfortable. But 'uncomfortable' is the word I would use. It was not painful (at least not to me). Luckily I had no infections. But I was also very thorough about keeping my pin sites clean. I might make a post here on the forum later about best practices for that. If I see more people interested in TSF Frames. The only complication I had was some moderate ballerina foot. But fortunately, this resolved (basically on its own) around 2-3 months into my consolidation phase. Every week I just noticed it getting better and better (until it essentially disappeared).

I was flexible in my thighs, yes. In fact, I was able to do the full sideways split before my Stryde femur lengthening. I do feel this was very helpful. However, I know patients that were able to reach 8 cms even though they were not flexible at all. So there is hope buddy!

Are you doing Precice or G-Nail on your femurs? 

-6 cm tibia w/ Taylor Spatial Frames (TSF)  Lengthening and Then Nailing (LATN) in 2023, with Giotikas (Greece)

AD93

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2024, 07:07:43 PM »

TSF actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The frames are uncomfortable. But 'uncomfortable' is the word I would use. It was not painful (at least not to me). Luckily I had no infections. But I was also very thorough about keeping my pin sites clean. I might make a post here on the forum later about best practices for that. If I see more people interested in TSF Frames. The only complication I had was some moderate ballerina foot. But fortunately, this resolved (basically on its own) around 2-3 months into my consolidation phase. Every week I just noticed it getting better and better (until it essentially disappeared).

I was flexible in my thighs, yes. In fact, I was able to do the full sideways split before my Stryde femur lengthening. I do feel this was very helpful. However, I know patients that were able to reach 8 cms even though they were not flexible at all. So there is hope buddy!

Are you doing Precice or G-Nail on your femurs?

Thanks for the info man!! I am doing Precise 2.2 the end of this month :) yeah I am not flexible but I am stretching right now to prepare for this I was actually scared to do this since I am a bodybuilder, but after talking to many patients like yourself I decided to do it finally I am done with people telling me you are too big for your height!

DonBones

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2024, 02:12:36 AM »

dude you almost mentioned all the countries in the world. I've been told the patient who died was fasting and was not taking his blood thinners. Also to be honest none of the diaries for Giotikas here seem fake. I know for sure that livelifetaller and wannabetaller are trash talking each other and creating fake diaries...

In 2021, when the patient died, Gotikas prescribed blood thinners for a mere 2 weeks post surgery, arguing that mobility on the G Nail should have prevented blood clots. This unfortunately turned out to be wrong. It is a rather big error to make.

At least Gotikas was honest about it and told me in detail what happened. He changed his protocol later, but not immediately so as not to admit fault for what happened.
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

AD93

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2024, 06:57:44 AM »

In 2021, when the patient died, Gotikas prescribed blood thinners for a mere 2 weeks post surgery, arguing that mobility on the G Nail should have prevented blood clots. This unfortunately turned out to be wrong. It is a rather big error to make.

At least Gotikas was honest about it and told me in detail what happened. He changed his protocol later, but not immediately so as not to admit fault for what happened.

Well I had no idea about that because who told me was a patient with him. We cannot judge a doctor because he had someone who died, there are other top doctors who also had patients die as well.

Marie_Bard

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2024, 08:33:14 AM »

Well I had no idea about that because who told me was a patient with him. We cannot judge a doctor because he had someone who died, there are other top doctors who also had patients die as well.

Hi, this unfortunate guy died more than 2 months after the surgery and other causing reasons were discovered, so the relation between the incident and the surgery and the bllod thinners duration was found to be low. Giotikas always prescribed blood thinners for at least 3 weeks, or more, with weight bearing nails and for the full lengthening period with precise-2. This is what most protocols recommend anyway. A really sad event and very unlucky for Giotikas!

Marie_Bard

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2024, 08:54:35 AM »

Athensbjr - Giotikas
Wannabetaller - Yunus
Yuksel Yurttas
AFA - Mustafa uysal
Becker

You are nothing but an narcissistic, paranoid bully.  All the ignorance and spamming you describe only reflect how YOU feel and how YOU act here, not others. As a narcissist you are fed by this forum's attention so I will personally never comment on your posts again.  I am going to ignore you for ever until you go away and be forgotten in oblivion.

Sigma

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2024, 12:08:48 PM »

Hi, this unfortunate guy died more than 2 months after the surgery and other causing reasons were discovered, so the relation between the incident and the surgery and the bllod thinners duration was found to be low. Giotikas always prescribed blood thinners for at least 3 weeks, or more, with weight bearing nails and for the full lengthening period with precise-2. This is what most protocols recommend anyway. A really sad event and very unlucky for Giotikas!
Normal customers cannot know these. You proved that you are an employee of Giotikas. Instead of feeling sorry for the patient who passed away, you feel sorry for the Giotikas and call him unlucky. This was giotikas' fault, not the patient's. The dead cannot speak. Therefore, do not slander a dead person who cannot defend himself!
if you can't afford Rosbruch or Paley go to Giotikas
Of course we should all go to Giotikas.
Giotikas has done some research on proportions as well https://boneandjoint.org.uk/article/10.1302/1358-992X.2018.8.008
Hmm..
How come you prefer Betz instead of Giotikas? I have heard some patients resorting to Giotikas after running into complications with Betz.
Hmmm ???
I have heard of patients who went to Giotikas to solve problems they got from Betz or Becker, but not the opposite.
:o
I also liked him yesterday...Open, trustworthy and knowledgeable. He made himself available to everyone and provided complete answers to all questions asked.
Of course ;D
I contacted Dr Giotikas and he informed me that he will in Athens,Greece for the next 3 months
So ? Who cares ?
I've been preparing for CLL for some years now and I think that Giotikas is one of the best options in the world.
Lmao ;D
The fact that I defend Giotikas doesn't make me an employee
Ok ;)
Yes this is true that Giotikas has fixed bad jobs by Turkish surgeons especially
Nope..
The Turkish surgeons do way more limb lengthening surgeries than anyone else and they are still terrible.
Lie. Even butcher Dr Halil Buldu is better than Giotikas and has a success rate...
Giotikas regularly treats complications fromTurkey and Germany.
Wrong. The truth is just the opposite.
Pain was indeed a problem initially but anaesthetics has improved since the 90's and lengthening is not so painful anymore, if you speak with Giotikas’s patients you will be surprised.
:-X
Giotikas is  licenced to be working in the UK  for 12 years now.
So ? Why doesn't he open a clinic in UK? Because the butcher doctor can't do this
Giotikas has lower pricing because he simply doesn’t care so much about the money imo. He comes from a rich family and has a strong view  that “medical treatments should be affordable to the many”.
OMG WOW...

I think these are enough? I'm tired of Dr Betz and Giotikas staff in this forum...
I hate company employees like you. betz- giotikas- AFA you are all the same... Keep defending giotikas. After all, you are his dog, you have to do this. But remember this. MAKING MONEY ON PEOPLE'S LIVES AND GIVING BAD DOCTOR ADVICE AND FANING A DOCTOR LIKE A FOOTBALL TEAM SHOWS THAT YOU ARE A COMPLETE ..... I don't want to get banned so I won't say this 8) I will ignore you from now on. bark as much as you want ;) Giotikas is a butcher. Giotikas has many dead and disabled patients.
Going for femur precice2 / Lon tibia with Dr. Donghoon Lee in a few years.
Starting height 173cm. Goal 186 to 187cm.
You can always be thinner, look better.

kkmkm

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2024, 12:54:28 PM »

I think he gives blood thinners only for three weeks. The patient was pas this mark. So it's not factual to say he was not taking his blood thinners. Why do you say this?

One Guichet patient also died due to clots. Is it possible that ratcheting nail causes blood clots more?

CLLvet

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2024, 02:41:52 PM »

Normal customers cannot know these. You proved that you are an employee of Giotikas. Instead of feeling sorry for the patient who passed away, you feel sorry for the Giotikas and call him unlucky. This was giotikas' fault, not the patient's. The dead cannot speak. Therefore, do not slander a dead person who cannot defend himself!Of course we should all go to Giotikas.Hmm..Hmmm ??? :oOf course ;DSo ? Who cares ?Lmao ;DOk ;)Nope..Lie. Even butcher Dr Halil Buldu is better than Giotikas and has a success rate...Wrong. The truth is just the opposite. :-XSo ? Why doesn't he open a clinic in UK? Because the butcher doctor can't do thisOMG WOW...

I think these are enough? I'm tired of Dr Betz and Giotikas staff in this forum...
I hate company employees like you. betz- giotikas- AFA you are all the same... Keep defending giotikas. After all, you are his dog, you have to do this. But remember this. MAKING MONEY ON PEOPLE'S LIVES AND GIVING BAD DOCTOR ADVICE AND FANING A DOCTOR LIKE A FOOTBALL TEAM SHOWS THAT YOU ARE A COMPLETE ..... I don't want to get banned so I won't say this 8) I will ignore you from now on. bark as much as you want ;) Giotikas is a butcher. Giotikas has many dead and disabled patients.

Sigma, thanks for sharing your concerns. I feel the need to push back on a few points you raised. For one thing, Marie_Bard is correct that Giotikas regularly treats complications for patients who had problems in Turkey (and sometimes Germany).

1). Here is a diary of someone I know personally. This gentleman is my friend. We met in Athens in 2019 when I did my first lengthening with Giotikas. I know him.  The facts written are true. He was botched by a Turkish surgeon after he got surgery with the WannaBeTaller company. As you can see if you read the diary, he did travel to Greece after his botched operation and Giotikas helped him. Here is his diary- http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64740.0

2). Another diary is from an individual who had a poor experience with Becker in Germany (no IT band release) and then traveled to Giotikas to get it fixed. I DO NOT know this person. However, this diary also seems legitimate-http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=70992.0

3). As for the deceased patient, I was very concerned about this as well. So I also asked Giotikas about it during my consult with him in 2023, prior to my second surgery (Tibia TSF). The death occurred in 2021. Giotikas described the situation to me similar to what Marie-Bard wrote. He said any patient is welcome to ask him about this during a consult. Here is what he told me. I took notes because I always take notes during consults with doctors and lawyers, in case I need to review what they told me after the fact.   

This was a male G-Nail patient. He was was fasting due to Ramadan, apparently. The death was due to a pulmonary embolism. The PE happened 2 months after the surgery, which is very rare. As soon as the PE started, emergency services in Athens arrived and took the patient to the ER. Within 20 minutes, patient was in ER and was resuscitated. So he survived the initial PE itself. However, he died a few days later in the intensive care unit.

As many here have mentioned (and I can attest to personally), Giotikas prescribes blood thinners (Xarelto) to weight-bearing patients for 3 weeks after surgery. When I did Stryde in 2019 and TSF Tibias in 2023, I was on blood thinner for 3 weeks after my surgery date (both times). Then I went off them and was given instructions to walk (with crutches) for 1 hour per day. For Precice patients, they take the Xarelto for the entire lengthening period. This was a G-Nail patient, so he was weight-bearing. He had been off the Xarelto by the time the PE occurred. I do not know if this particular patient was on blood thinners for 2 or 3 weeks post surgery. My experience in Greece was always 3 weeks of blood thinners for weight bearing patients.  According to Giotikas, most studies say that the risk of PE is highest during 1st month after big orthopedic surgery. After that, risk of PE in weight bearing patients is so low, the risk of taking blood thinners outweighs the benefits. That is why he typically prescribes Xarelto to weight bearing patients for the first 3 weeks after surgery. 

After the death, there were specialists/ investigators/ expert witnesses who looked into the death. Giotikas was found to be within the guidelines of the American Orthopedic Association/ clinical guidelines.  The investigation determined that the reasons for the death were not related to the practice and all protocols were followed correctly.

For what it's worth, the family of the deceased patient did not end up suing the clinic. I am not saying this means Giotikas wasn't at fault. But it is worth mentioning. 

If anybody knows more about the case, maybe we should start a separate thread on the forum and discuss it there. It would be good to get as many details about this as possible for patients to see and make an informed decision. 

DonBones

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2024, 04:12:56 PM »

First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

Marie_Bard

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2024, 04:32:18 PM »

You are just a true Giotikas's hater, that's all. Either he rejected you as a patient and you have now become obssessive, or you have other unknown motivations (maybe you are working for another doctor yourself since you keep bringing this up so often!), I cannot really think of any other explanation. I am not working for Giotikas, what I know and share about him is already known to anyone and, in case you didn't notice, you are the one who is always barking, not me!
Pages: [1]   Go Up