Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taking a loan for LL at 18 years  (Read 2227 times)

HeightAdvantage

• Visitor
Taking a loan for LL at 18 years
« on: March 11, 2024, 09:50:59 PM »

I’m planning on doing this surgery as soon as I turn 18 in June. I already have saved a fairly big amount but probably not enough to reach my goal to go from 176cm to 190cm (14cm). Thats why I wanna take a loan to do this surgery and I was wondering if anybody else has a similar plan or already have had such a experience, please share your story

oklama

Re: Taking a loan for LL at 18 years
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 05:47:48 AM »

I’m planning on doing this surgery as soon as I turn 18 in June. I already have saved a fairly big amount but probably not enough to reach my goal to go from 176cm to 190cm (14cm). Thats why I wanna take a loan to do this surgery and I was wondering if anybody else has a similar plan or already have had such a experience, please share your story

man FOH with 14cm at 176. thats just ridiculous . especially if your taking out loan money. you are dont have height dyssphoria you just want to lengthen your bones to stroke your ego. thats not what this is about and its an insult to all of us and makes all of us look bad.

as for my reccomendations I think you will have lots of fun in places such as turkey and India.
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

AD93

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 06:14:00 AM »

I would say wait until you're like 20 honestly. Right now you might wanna go to a cheaper option but waaaay riskier. Remember the MAJORITY of doctors in Turkey and India are not safe to do it with at all.

Beemer m3

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 07:36:02 AM »

i dont think its worth it. ur loan will be like 18% apr for what 100k loan? u will gain 2.3 inch on ur first surgery. while missing out of work and then 6 months of no work. getting back to strength . u havent worked what make u think u can pay off the loan with ur future work. u have to pay like $600 a month and ur missing out 6 months of work. thats a default already. u dont have a job paystub whose going to  loan u that 100k? u also need credit to be worthy of a loan or get better interest rates. times are tough and rates are high.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

HeightAdvantage

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 10:52:39 AM »

Thats right I don’t have height dysmorfia and I’m happy and confident with my body and current situation, for someone my age I’ve maxxed out all the skills, mental health, money everything you can achieve without cosmetic procedures. Now I’m looking at what I can  make even better and those extra inches will make tremendous change (in positive terms) so thats why I wanna get it done I don’t see why me wanting this procedure is disrespectful to shorter people in my opinion. And also I’m from the tallest country of the world which makes my average height look a tiny bit short not that it really bothers me but still. If we wanna normalise this procedure it has to get done with different types of people.

HeightAdvantage

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 10:57:23 AM »

I was thinking about that too its just that In general, the majority are successful with this operation, at least what I am aware of and a complication that can be quickly resolved is fine with me as long as we can achieve the goal and I can walk normally again in 2 years

HeightAdvantage

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2024, 11:02:34 AM »

My budget will be 50k-60k EUROs which 15k EUROs is from my own money 35k - 45k EUROs dept won’t be too big of an issue since I’m studying software engineering and a average salary is 5000 EUROs a month, I’m a hard worker I will finish my degree and work on a higher level than usual making it easy to pay of my dept

jbfjbj4

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2024, 12:20:45 PM »

You guys are huge pussies tbh. It's not illegal not to pay your debts.

OP - take the loan, max out the cards, get the legs done, and enjoy your 20s at a good height. Let the credit card companies cry, I guarantee all that happens is they trash your credit score (oh noes a number on a screen went down!) and send some letters. Change your SIM card, move out, and that'll be the last you ever hear from them, I know from long experience.

NailedLegs

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2024, 09:55:38 PM »

OP - take the loan, max out the cards, get the legs done, and enjoy your 20s at a good height. Let the credit card companies cry, I guarantee all that happens is they trash your credit score (oh noes a number on a screen went down!) and send some letters. Change your SIM card, move out, and that'll be the last you ever hear from them, I know from long experience.

Hard to do for an 18 year old, no credit history. It's not just about the high APR, but the loan amount too. They probably will not give 50k to a 18 year old with no credit history, even if the APR is 100%.
"Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!"

Current LL plan:
QLL in Early 2025 using the PRECICE nail with Dr. Birkholtz.
4cm tibia, 4cm femur. One year later, re-break for another 4+4. 167cm -> 175cm -> 183cm

HeightAdvantage

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2024, 10:46:43 PM »

True but I am allowed to take a loan of maximum 75k EUROs at 18 from the bank, I have a pretty normal stable income so it should be possible

HeightAdvantage

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2024, 10:52:08 PM »

Finally someone with motivational advice, even tho I don’t have an credit card yet (because of age) I will see what options I have with it and try to milk it out as much as possible

jbfjbj4

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2024, 02:53:59 PM »

Hard to do for an 18 year old, no credit history. It's not just about the high APR, but the loan amount too. They probably will not give 50k to a 18 year old with no credit history, even if the APR is 100%.

Granted, yes, but this presupposes he has the ability to get said loan to begin with otherwise there's not really any point in the discussion at all.

If he can get it, it's perfectly viable to max out all loans/cards, get the leg lengthening, spend the 5 years post recovery travelling the world or even just moving to the next street (they'll never 'find you' regardless) and then come back at age 25 or so if you really are set on the wagecattle normie life.

Or just come back at 25 and hit the card companies again. Then again at 30, then again at 35 etc. After 5-7 years the debts fall off your record in 90% of places. It's partly how I funded my own LL.

Most card companies btw do not verify income, so you can write whatever number you want in that box (make it a high one of course). Age is still going to be a limiting factor here and the fact that when you're 18 you're presumably starting with not much of a history built up.

Temoc

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2024, 01:32:38 AM »

Pros:
The younger you are the faster you will recover
You will enjoy being tall a lot more than somebody doing it at 30. You can go to college as the tall guy
If you have a good job, 100k isn't that much in the long run. In most western countries it isn't enough to buy a house or anything of the sort.

Cons:
While you will not be crippled you will not do any serious sports at your prime, if you're into that. At least 2 years before you can play a sport without looking stupid.
You will have a large loan to pay off. You can default on it, you will not go to jail but it's bad when down the line you need credit.

vx:1299450135

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2024, 03:38:50 PM »

如果你愿意来中国做这项手术的话,实际上你的食宿+康复+手术+拆除外固定架的成本总和也仅仅只需要两万五千美金。
当然,往返机票和签证也是一笔成本,但无论如何这个价格我相信你一定是可以承担的起,并且不需要去贷款,或者只需要少量贷款的。
如果你感兴趣的话可以联系我,我的电子邮箱是:1299450135@qq.com

Torbjorn

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2024, 12:35:36 PM »

You are completely matrixed dude, at 176cm and that young, you should focus on your career and study... you have maxxed   bro, you will reach you max potential around 35-45 years old.
Your height is average and most girls in real life would not care about it, provided that you are charming, talk well and offer good career perspective for your future. Quit instagram, tinder and other   as it is litteraly fking up your brain.

ekero

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2024, 08:16:48 AM »

Pros:
You will enjoy being tall a lot more than somebody doing it at 30.
This is very individual i would say. Its about the mindset.

JustineCollins

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2024, 06:23:56 PM »

I literally won't recommaend your actions. I am 5.2 and I need it but not you for sure

tallerwouldbenice

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2024, 10:39:14 AM »

I did LL in my 30s. Indeed I wish I had borrowed earlier in life to do it before college.

Bagga

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2024, 04:37:01 AM »

Finally someone with motivational advice, even tho I don’t have an credit card yet (because of age) I will see what options I have with it and try to milk it out as much as possible
Invest and let money grows money.
I have witnessed a lot of young millionaire at age of 20s.

shortking

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2024, 06:54:20 PM »

Growth plates may not be fused. Wait a few more years.

AverageSizeGuy

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2024, 08:58:13 AM »

1.-Which country are you from?
2.-How the heck did you manage to save that amount of money without working??
3.-Where will you get the surgery?

AverageSizeGuy

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2024, 09:01:12 AM »

Growth plates may not be fused. Wait a few more years.

If I was him I'd buy some HGH injections instead lol that would get him to grow til 1.78 probably

Invest and let money grows money.
I have witnessed a lot of young millionaire at age of 20s.

He better invest that money and wait 2 more years to make a profitable amount to get the surgery in his early 20's

JustineCollins

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2024, 04:02:54 PM »

Indian doctors are f'ed up. I saw a documentary and I found that's a worst country to do surgeries

AnotherLLer

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2024, 04:15:13 PM »

At least Parihar is legit in India but I agree, all the other docs are shady there who does cosmetic LL.

If you value your health and appearance, only go with someone who is a legit orthopedic surgeon specialized in limb deformity corrections. No other surgeon should perform cosmetic LL except someone who knows how to align the bones correctly. I know only a handful of those docs in eastern part of the world and Parihar is one of them IMO.

I thought if risking with LON femur would be justifiable but came to a conclusion that it doesn't worth it due to many reasons. The same goes with internal arm lengthening due to rotator cuff damage.

Basically, the most legit and safe ways to lengthen the following segments are:

Tibia - TSF or Ilizarov with hexapod (either in Russia or with Parihar / Giotikas)
Femur - PRECICE MAX due to reversal option and presumed full weight bearing capacity (other IM nails are not even close to this, so not worth the money)
Humerus - Monorail fixator or Ilizarov with hexapod (the latter being preferred since it can align lengthened bones perfectly)

I know that for humerus IM nail is preferred by many due to little scarring and comfort but IMO it costs the same as internal femur and has a chance of permanently ruining rotator cuff like in tibia where IM nails can damage patellar tendon. IMO, paying huge sums for internal humerus lengthening is pointless when it can be done with experienced orthopedic surgeon with external frames for 1/10th of cost with less risks. Scars can be managed afterwards and it won't cost much. You can save tons of money this way. $50-80k for humerus lengthening with PRECICE is a joke IMO when it can be done for $5-10k with externals.

AnotherLLer

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2024, 04:33:21 PM »

https://ibb.co/SvnjRMh

This is the laser removal of scars. In my country, it costs $20-200, depending on body part and area covered.

External humerus lengthening leaves this kind of scars:

https://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/1-s2.0-S1008127515000826-gr9.jpg

It's from monorail fixators. IDK about Ilizarov with hexapods, but it might be worse than this. Anyways, it doesn't matter much since lasers can blemish them efficiently and then you can tatt the whole arms and nothing will be evident unless someone takes a closer look with the help of a magnification device.

HeightAdvantage

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2024, 10:14:43 PM »

1. The netherlands
2. I’ve been working crazy hours averaging 180-200hours a month at 17, I just turned 18 so we going all in baby
3. Sounds kinda dumb but lifelivetaller or AFA since they can make me achieve my goals within my budget

heightiseverything

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2024, 01:55:42 PM »

1. The netherlands
2. I’ve been working crazy hours averaging 180-200hours a month at 17, I just turned 18 so we going all in baby
3. Sounds kinda dumb but lifelivetaller or AFA since they can make me achieve my goals within my budget

Do Giotikas bro, he's got the same prices as turkey but more professional. Also I live in the netherlands rn and for anyone calling 176 cm normal height there is deluded.
6'6 or nothing

financialadvisor

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2024, 02:15:10 PM »

I'm in my early 30s at your height living in Nordic country as well. It's definetely in first quartile amongst the men, so you feel short when going to the public. Imigration averages out the numbers a bit. Try wearing high heeled shoes, prada cloudbust thunder, nike sacai's etc.

Regarding the loan, it will be hard to get consumer credit without no history, stable income. I just took a car loan, they asked 3 years of income declarations lol. Although with inflation, base amount should depreciate.

Regarding the work, I would be sceptical about 5k. in junior positions. With AI one senior dev can do same job as 2-3 junior devs. Not sure about your personal situation, but cost of living correlates with the salary too. Take into account healing time costs.

I'm waiting until Russia opens again, LATN externals used to cost there around 5-6 Euro with Solomin, but you will be offline <8 months if considering 1.5 months per cm healing rate. Giotikas is the next best value for money.

If I were you, I would go to Asia, Brasil where average height is lower, see if you are still struggling with your height.

Beemer m3

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2024, 08:02:44 AM »

i took out a loan and still have trouble paying it off. lol i dont make that much also. was trying to fix my car and racked up more bills.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

hotkey

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2024, 01:47:58 PM »

At 5'9 and at such a young age it's not worth it yet. Wait till you're like 25 because men still have sudden growth spurts until then (some even in their late 20's), and you're not so short to the point that it's urgent or that you're missing out on potential milestones and social/reputation development like a guy who is 5'1 would be. This should give you plenty of time to save up and easily pay for the surgery. Also within 7 years, the height technology should be way better and safer, and the surgery likely even cheaper. So wait.

Who is giving a 18 year old a 100k loan anyway unless they're loan sharks and shady as  ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up