Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Realistic timeframe for 5.5 cm distraction of tibia with externals  (Read 741 times)

AnotherLLer

Can it be done in about 70 days starting from distraction?

Basically, 1 mm a day till 3 cm and then 0.75 mm a day till 5.5 cm will take 30 + 35 days ((1 x 30) + (0.75 x 35) = 30 + 26.25 = 56.25 mm, so 5.6 cm).

I'm asking this question because I don't want to leave the host country during the distraction period and maximum allowance is 90 days. Since it takes about 7 days from surgery until you can start distraction, it will be 7 + 65 = 72 days total from surgery day to 5.5 cm distraction. Add about 7 days for corrections so it's 80 days total.

Barely doable in 90 days timeframe but I'd rather distract in the host country rather than go back in my homeland and distract there.

Betall87

• Visitor
Re: Realistic timeframe for 5.5 cm distraction of tibia with externals
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 11:54:49 PM »

I have done tibia LON.
I have been doing 1mm every day and even sometime every once in a while like once a week or twice a week I do 1.25. They say it’s dangerous but my doctor approved it. It’s all depends on your mussle and nerve etc.

But I will give you a big advice! Don’t do LON please! I regret it, I wish I did precies. I wish I saved a bit of money and was not cheap on myself.

Reheating your 90 days I have a feeling you are referring to Turkey. If it’s the case don’t worry you can over stay and you will pay a fine you won’t be banded to come again unless you refused to pay the fine. The fine is not that crazy it’s all depends on how long you stay but I heard from $50 till $250

Wish you the best

wes07

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 11:07:49 PM »

are you talking about Dr parihar?

wes07

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2024, 02:10:51 AM »

Why did you regret LON?

financialadvisor

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2024, 11:19:14 PM »

According to most medical papers 1.5 month/cm from surgery to full weight bearing. Are you consideting LATN? How do you feel about the possibility of permanent knee pain after?

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2024, 12:12:05 PM »

40-45 days per cm from surgery day till frame removal. So 220 to 250 days for 5.5cm.

AnotherLLer

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2024, 12:26:25 PM »

Man, just revisited RGKEY's diary and I'm concerned about bone bending with pure external frames. With LATN they insert the nail and fix the bones in correct positions so at least you know that you won't get misalignment after they remove the frames from your legs.

financialadvisor

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2024, 09:43:54 PM »

I believe LATN nails are larger in diameter than LON

AnotherLLer

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2024, 10:49:48 PM »

Yeah, LATN is more stable and can bear more weight early on during consolidation phase.

I just came to a conclusion that 4 cm is the max I can go with tibia for better proportions and recovery + less time in frames. I believe that in one go, 4 cm is the max safe limit for tibia, especially without nails inside for additional support. It's not only about ballerina feet after 4 cm but also malalignment risks, that, again, might happen without nails. Remember RGKEY's case, he did 9 cm on his tibia in one go without nails and got severe bowlegs as a result.

Paley limited tibia lengthening for 5 cm in one go for a reason.

I understand that I won't be tall unless I go with extreme lengthening amounts that I'm not going to do. I prefer having ideal proportions between tibia:femur and legs:body rather than lengthen 6 or more inches and look like a freak. I do already have ideal tibia:femur ratio so with 4 cm on tibia and 5 cm on femur, I'll retain this ratio but improve legs:body ratio to ideal value (right now it's about 0.47 and after 4 + 5 lengthening it will become 0.50).

I don't want to become a cripple and never enjoy the life as it should be enjoyed with healthy legs again.

Conor McGregor is 173 but has ideal body proportions (long legs relative to torso and long arms) that make him look like a beast. No sane woman would reject him due to his height (at least for short-term relationship). After strong 173 it's all about body ratios and masculinity for attraction, not absolute height. There are countless 190 ogres that no sane woman find attractive.

Basically, you have to understand that 8-11 cm total is the absolute safe limits for double LL and it's not only about safety but also body proportions after the procedures. Unless one has midget legs to begin with, more than 4 inches of total lengthening is uneccesary IMO.

limby101

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2024, 12:31:14 AM »

Isn't Connor McGregor 175?
Anyway maybe no woman would reject him but it's only coz he's super famous and super rich:)
Plus, I'm sure some women would reject him anyways...
Some women like men for their mental attributes and find them attractive regardless of height. Surprise...
Pages: [1]   Go Up