Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LLD of 9 mm  (Read 1090 times)

Hamza

LLD of 9 mm
« on: June 04, 2018, 06:31:40 AM »

Guys,

I have a special case of leg length discrepancy and i need the help of people that have done the internal femur lengthening procedures specially the "Precise Nail" because i met Dr. Rozbruch and i am thinking of lengthening my right femur by 9 mm.

I am 35 years old, I am an active person and i do all kinds of sports.
I did a surgery in both feet 12 years ago to correct a deformity of high arch feet and claw toes results from a very mild Charcot Marie Tooth disease (CMT1).

this surgery fix ur ankle so u loose the circular movement in it and resulted me in 3 mm difference between left and right feet.

I already had a difference of 4 mm in femur and 2 mm in tibia so after the surgeries i end up having 9 mm as total discrepancy and i start feeling imbalance specially when i do sports.

I send my shoes to American Heelers to integrate a full 6 mm sole because this amount can not be inside the shoes as it stresses the toes like hell. I feel balanced with this amount of elevation.

I do not want to keep fixing all my shoes because this first affect the flexibility of it and change is noticeable by others.

I really want to get rid of this sole elevation and do the Precise Nail surgery to lengthen my femur by 6 mm (this amount give me 90% better balance and self confidence and better not to go more and feel over lengthened).

Any help from patients that have done this surgery or similar one ? a lot of pain after surgery ? u r back to normal after 3 months of consolidation phase ? any complications for this small amount ?

Thank u in advance.

hanshi

Re: LLD of 9 mm
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 10:32:46 AM »

Discrepancies up to 1cm are considered normal, almost nobody has no discrepancy. As of 2cm surgeries become recommended. Better leave it as it is.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

Hamza

Re: LLD of 9 mm
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 07:38:37 PM »

Because of mild charcot marie tooth disease my leg muscles are weak specialy the tibial muscles. I also have done a surgery on both feet to correct the high arch and this surgery resulted in fixing the ankle so i lost the circular mobility.
In my case 9mm is not affordable and i suffer from this discrepancy daily.
I am afraid if i lengthen the femur by 9 mm i ll end up having the right knee lower than the left by 5 mm so i might create another problem.

What do u think ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up