Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Post all Apothesis member pictures here  (Read 4073 times)

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
Post all Apothesis member pictures here
« on: June 08, 2018, 09:35:41 PM »

That guy is literally a success story if he really did get 8 inches of height added(5ft6 - 6ft2)
He doesn’t look excessively disproportionate for the amount he lengthened

Anyways does anyone have day to day life pics and clips of him, I want to know how much his life differs and how evident the new proportions are etc

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:50:09 PM by RaaX »
Ethnicity: shetskin paki
Height: 177.5cm
Wish: 184-186cm(studies have shown taller people succeed more often than short/average people)
Age as of 30th may 2018: 23

Beastmode1234

Re: Post all Apothesis member pictures here
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 09:46:12 PM »

5'6 to 6'2 is 8" OP not 6"

myloginacc

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 10:15:44 PM »

This is partially explained by things like this:

During the past two centuries in the Netherlands, as well as in many more industrialised countries, a positive secular growth change has been observed.6 Various studies have shown that the positive secular change is mainly due to increase in leg length rather than in trunk length.1,4,10–13 Tanner reported that between the 1950s and 1980s Japanese height increased solely due to change in leg length. Sitting height showed no increase, so the trunk/leg proportions changed much more towards the proportions of North Europeans, though their final height was still 1 SD lower.14

Secular trend may explain part of the difference we observed between our study and the Oosterwolde study, a previous (regional) Dutch growth study including sitting height measurements and performed in 1980 and 1990.15 We found that our reference lines for SH for age and SH/H ratio for age were usually lower than the Oosterwolde study. Despite the fact that the Oosterwolde sample consisted of relatively tall children from the northern part of the Netherlands, the 1997 Dutch population was even taller. The Oosterwolde study showed that in 10 years (1980–90) the increase in height was more pronounced than the increase in sitting height, so the major secular change must have been in the legs.1

Source: Nationwide age references for sitting height, leg length, and sitting height/height ratio, and their diagnostic value for disproportionate growth disorders

A.K.A. the Dutch study with the figures everyone here uses for sitting height and sitting height ratio.

If you aren't below a height threshold where your trunk is notably smaller than your usual man's, you can probably get away with lengthening your legs and still looking proportionate, as long as you keep your previously natural tibial/femoral ratio. Your arms may look short if your wingspan is lower than your height, but people like the Apo guy did humeri lengthening too.

With all that said, more than one (or even just one) operation is too expensive for most people, so many do super risky things like wanting to lengthen 9cm on a single segment with their doctors. Not even counting the risks/consequences of CLL itself - I'm casually talking about proportions here, but I never want to make these surgeries sound trivial. CLL is extreme; everyone reading this post here should be aware of that.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:43:32 PM by myloginacc »
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Johnson1111

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 10:22:46 PM »

He looks great to me that is quite a good transformation. Who was his surgeon is what I wanna know? Also his body composition and physique are much better in the third pic so that definitely adds to the effect not trying to take away from the LL but still. Cross lengthening from what i've read is extremely daunting and expensive and if someone can go through that mixed with the time and decline in their athletic ability they deserve that height.

short2tall

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 10:41:22 PM »

He looks great to me that is quite a good transformation. Who was his surgeon is what I wanna know? Also his body composition and physique are much better in the third pic so that definitely adds to the effect not trying to take away from the LL but still. Cross lengthening from what i've read is extremely daunting and expensive and if someone can go through that mixed with the time and decline in their athletic ability they deserve that height.

There are countless posts about him on the old makemetaller forum. There is a music video featuring him after lengthening on this forum under the title "who's this pokemon". I think his surgeon was Dr. Betz. Also he did not do cross lengthening, you may have your terminology confused. He did bilateral femurs followed by bilateral tibias.
Bilateral femurs with Dr. M on March 1st
Starting height: 5'8.5"
Shooting for 5'11"

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 10:50:33 PM »

5'6 to 6'2 is 8" OP not 6"

Was a typo mate
Thanks for awaring me
Fixed it

In all honesty, that much height isn't going to look great Because you can't change the clavicle and short skull. I think he looks ridiculous if he has a small 22inch skull
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 11:24:06 PM by RaaX »
Wish: 184-186cm(studies have shown taller people succeed more often than short/average people)

dan56

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 11:49:01 PM »

his calves got really bigger than pre -surgery. its really noticeable... I wonder how's that happened
English isn't my native language. Please feel free when you quote me to add a footnote with correction. Tnx

Beastmode1234

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 12:14:14 AM »

Was a typo mate
Thanks for awaring me
Fixed it

In all honesty, that much height isn't going to look great Because you can't change the clavicle and short skull. I think he looks ridiculous if he has a small 22inch skull

So this dude did 8 inches and is still able to walk? Holy sh**

Johnson1111

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 12:43:02 AM »

There are countless posts about him on the old makemetaller forum. There is a music video featuring him after lengthening on this forum under the title "who's this pokemon". I think his surgeon was Dr. Betz. Also he did not do cross lengthening, you may have your terminology confused. He did bilateral femurs followed by bilateral tibias.
Interesting yeah I had it mixed up I just figured he did them cross lateral but yeah those are great results. I can see why Dr Betz was regarded highly back then

dan56

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 05:51:58 AM »

Interesting yeah I had it mixed up I just figured he did them cross lateral but yeah those are great results. I can see why Dr Betz was regarded highly back then
got to agree... all the talkings about the guy and how he came out of proportion but actually he got really impressive results. honestly I couldn't tell in real life if he had such a surgery. i wonder who said that and why....
English isn't my native language. Please feel free when you quote me to add a footnote with correction. Tnx

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 03:43:40 PM »

Interesting tbh...
Here is a post i am quoting from the M.M.T. forum

Quote from: apotheosis
I thought this was pretty interesting. A month ago an old friend of mine was in town. I met up with him and some of his friends that I didn't know at a pub. While we were standing at the bar, my friend asked me if he could tell them "my story", which of course I was fine with. When he told his friends about my leg lengthening surgery, none of them believed it was true. He and I used to be the same height before I did LL, so I thought it wold be interesting to show a picture of us standing next to each other

There are a ton of other pictures also but i am not sure how authentic they are tho.

MirinHeight

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 09:24:54 PM »

he made a music video. cringeworthy and he looks weird/disproportionate af https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIDfQpPjYHU
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 06:52:39 AM »

he made a music video. cringeworthy and he looks weird/disproportionate af https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIDfQpPjYHU

This is the problem with normies
they get one surgery and they suddenly think they have "made it"

Pages: [1]   Go Up