Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When you have to choose between height and athleticism...  (Read 1118 times)

When you have to choose between height and athleticism...
« on: June 23, 2018, 03:29:53 PM »

Sometimes in this time, you are faced with a tough decision. They are both equally important to me. If I don't have either of them, I lose either way.

What would be the best to do in this situation? I'm thinking that lengthening 1 segment a reasonable amount would be as wise as a decision could possibly be. Enough to take me out of the 'short' zone but not enough to cripple my athletic function.

Johnson1111

Re: When you have to choose between height and athleticism...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 12:51:51 AM »

I am an elite athlete in every sense of the word and I always was. I think about how my athleticism is gonna be messed up every single day. Too bad, sucks for me...Cuz i'm getting LL. I might even do two segments.

I live one life, I make the decisions I do, then I die. I had a time where I was a great athlete, now I can retire that (although devastating at such a young age as i'm even several years younger than you) and now I can live being an above average in height person.

Perfect example of not being able to have the cake and eat it too. Although it's completely and utterly false because nature gave many people cakes that they can eat too and they have the best of every world.

You only can't have the cake and eat it too when you're given shxt genetics. I am not thankful or grateful for the natural athleticism I was given. No matter what....Short = Bad genetics. I excelled DESPITE my limitations, not because of them.

I've been done with that "thankful" attitude for a while now.

I'll do two segments and then i'll recover to MAYBE 60% of my former athleticism after a couple years. But hey, "At least i'll be able to walk, there are people out there who are crippled somewhere that i've never met!!"

Overdozer

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 03:37:26 AM »

Looks like you lose then.

LL is made for people who are willing to compromise a significant amount of their atheltic ability.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 07:15:31 AM »

I am an elite athlete in every sense of the word and I always was. I think about how my athleticism is gonna be messed up every single day. Too bad, sucks for me...Cuz i'm getting LL. I might even do two segments.

I live one life, I make the decisions I do, then I die. I had a time where I was a great athlete, now I can retire that (although devastating at such a young age as i'm even several years younger than you) and now I can live being an above average in height person.

Perfect example of not being able to have the cake and eat it too. Although it's completely and utterly false because nature gave many people cakes that they can eat too and they have the best of every world.

You only can't have the cake and eat it too when you're given shxt genetics. I am not thankful or grateful for the natural athleticism I was given. No matter what....Short = Bad genetics. I excelled DESPITE my limitations, not because of them.

I've been done with that "thankful" attitude for a while now.

I'll do two segments and then i'll recover to MAYBE 60% of my former athleticism after a couple years. But hey, "At least i'll be able to walk, there are people out there who are crippled somewhere that i've never met!!"

Yeah I'm not retiring my athleticism. I've never been close to my peak. And my shortness didn't stem from genetics but my own fault for stunting my height. So be grateful if you had bad genetics because you have nothing to regret about now.

By the way, 60% sounds so pessimistic. I really hope it won't be the case for me.

Looks like you lose then.

LL is made for people who are willing to compromise a significant amount of their atheltic ability.

I truly hope it's not a significant amount as you said. Maybe I will be willing to give up 5%. Most of the doctors I interracted with said we can go back to previous level or at least close to it. But even if I lose either way, I most likely will use the height more often than I do athleticism, so it still could be worth it.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 08:42:08 PM »

I don't plan on choosing between either of them. Both need to happen my way.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 01:49:25 AM »

If I can walk and joggle after the surgery then there will be nothing that I can't accept.
I love STEM, Philosophy and Classics!

-

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 04:12:21 AM »

I don't plan on choosing between either of them. Both need to happen my way.

You only lift weight which doesn't require any explosiveness and balance, so you have nothing much to worry about.

If you were an MMA fighter, for instance. Then it'd be a different story.

fivesevencripple

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 01:26:22 PM »

Yeah I'm not retiring my athleticism. I've never been close to my peak. And my shortness didn't stem from genetics but my own fault for stunting my height. So be grateful if you had bad genetics because you have nothing to regret about now.

How tall are you? And how tall could you have grown?  ???

ReadRothbard

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2021, 06:45:28 PM »

You only lift weight which doesn't require any explosiveness and balance, so you have nothing much to worry about.

If you were an MMA fighter, for instance. Then it'd be a different story.

That's fine, then. I do some martial arts, but I only need to be a competent fighter--not some kind of professional athlete.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

-

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2021, 10:40:40 PM »

That's fine, then. I do some martial arts, but I only need to be a competent fighter--not some kind of professional athlete.

You will still be an inferior fighter regardless of whether you turn professional or not.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2021, 11:54:47 PM »

You will still be an inferior fighter regardless of whether you turn professional or not.

It doesn't really matter as long as I'm better than the other 99% of people I meet everyday.

Future space tycoon

-

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2021, 07:46:12 AM »

It doesn't really matter as long as I'm better than the other 99% of people I meet everyday.

The thing with powerlifting is that there isn't much practical uses of it, unless you want to be a construction worker or something.

Of course you'll still be better than ordinary people who don't do anything though.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2021, 04:54:46 PM »

The thing with powerlifting is that there isn't much practical uses of it, unless you want to be a construction worker or something.

Of course you'll still be better than ordinary people who don't do anything though.

Getting stronger is of practical use in pretty much every athletic venture outside of maybe endurance sports. Of course it'll help you in full-contact martial arts.

Future space tycoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up