Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To members with height in their forum signature  (Read 762 times)

tlannister

To members with height in their forum signature
« on: June 26, 2018, 08:21:05 AM »

is that measured during morning or night?

YungGud

Re: To members with height in their forum signature
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 10:06:04 AM »

before go to bed,so at night time
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

myloginacc

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 03:05:20 PM »

It doesn't really matter, imo. Everyone will use what they want to use.

Have you noticed how among the people who underwent LL surgery for correcting limb length discrepancies, or their families, they seem to never consider the shorter limb the real height, and that perhaps one leg unnaturally outgrew the other? I do the same. Limb shortening is an option for small discrepancies, but I bet most pick lengthening.

I’ve just discovered this forum which looks really helpful. My daughter is 18 years old and was diagnosed a few years ago with possible Beckwith Weidemann syndrome, she is a lovely 5ft 9” but has one leg that’s 4.5cm longer than the other. [...] The surgery that was recommended to us was breaking her leg and putting her leg in one of this cages [...] which would then allow her leg to lengthen over time [...]

By the way, the Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome is an overgrowth (hypertrophic) disorder. That still did not stop the heightism inside of us (them). Obviously, her daughter's real height is the longer leg's. A lovely 5'9.

I see morning/night height in the same way. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. They're all your height. Which one will members pick will depend entirely on their way of thinking.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

YungGud

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 03:11:12 PM »

It doesn't really matter, imo. Everyone will use what they want to use.

Have you noticed how among the people who underwent LL surgery for correcting limb length discrepancies, or their families, they seem to never consider the shorter limb the real height, and that perhaps one leg unnaturally outgrew the other? I do the same.

By the way, the Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome is an overgrowth disorder. That still did not stop the heightism inside of us (them). Obviously, her daughter's real height is the longer leg's. A lovely 5'9.

I see morning/night height in the same way. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. They're all your height. Which one will members pick will depend entirely on their way of thinking.
as i think ,morning/night  height is clearly different,because 4 example i can be 5 ft 11.5 in the morning and 179.5 at night,thats why it does matter for me
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

myloginacc

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 03:22:24 PM »

I'd consider my morning height my real, maximum height, and use a mean height in the form of a forum signature, if I ever did so.

I do not see why I would pick my minimum possible height for display (specially considering the existence of spine disorders). A mean between my maximum and my minimum suits the way I see things better.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Johnson1111

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 05:15:29 PM »

For me, I personally don't give a shxt  ...I'm short either way.

Juiceslikewine

• Limb lengthening forums own lab rat :)
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 09:19:21 PM »

as i think ,morning/night  height is clearly different,because 4 example i can be 5 ft 11.5 in the morning and 179.5 at night,thats why it does matter for me

I'm even worse than you,i measure myself after a run in the evening and count that as my real height which is 5 ft 9.8 but just say 5'10 on here for a fair comparison.I'm a solid 5'10 regular evening height.
Height:5'10 or 178cms
Ethnicity:white irish
Realistic height goal:5'11 or 180.5cm(Would be very content with this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up