Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do people lose height that is gained through LL?  (Read 4709 times)

alps

How do people lose height that is gained through LL?
« on: October 11, 2013, 01:45:54 PM »

I've heard people say they've lost a few mm during LL. What does this mean? Can someone please explain when this happens?

Like Messi88 on old forum  says, he's turned 2.1 cm but has grown only 1cm. What does this mean?

Thanks

FrankGarrett

• Yew collect callin' son of a bitch, yew.
Re: How do people lose height that is gained through LL?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 01:58:17 PM »

I've heard people say they've lost a few mm during LL. What does this mean? Can someone please explain when this happens?

Like Messi88 on old forum  says, he's turned 2.1 cm but has grown only 1cm. What does this mean?

Thanks

You may turn 2.1cm but your X-rays say 1cm. This happens because of pin bending.

alps

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 10:35:50 AM »

But can you please elaborate?
Is it that the pins get bent instead of pulling your bone along with it?
And the device makes it seem like you've stretched more but the bone hasn't really kept up?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 02:07:03 PM »

Yes, that's pretty much it.  Although another cause of pin bending is weight bearing.  That's why the doctors measure your gains with x-rays and rather than how many turns you've done.

You can do extra turns to compensate for it since the wasted turns didn't actually lengthen your legs any.

Most loss from pin bending happens early on in the process because all the loss from weight bearing occurs then.  You won't be at 5cm and then turn 2cm and be at 6cm.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 02:13:12 PM by Medium Drink Of Water »

Disobedient

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 09:04:29 PM »

oh I do have this problem !I'm suppose to  gain 2cm but I'm gained just 1.5cm as x-ray shown
I asked the Dr if I have to increase the number of turns and he said no
I think I'll do what MDOW said and I'll do extra turns

Russianblues

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »

Um can someone confirm/deny whether you get pin loss with monorail? I would be really careful here Disobedient as they are talking about an Ilizarov frame.

I don't know anything about monorail except seeing the pictures and it doesn't look like you even have similar pins, in addition you aren't weight bearing. I'd listen to the doc  :-X

Disobedient

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 06:30:40 PM »

Um can someone confirm/deny whether you get pin loss with monorail? I would be really careful here Disobedient as they are talking about an Ilizarov frame.

I don't know anything about monorail except seeing the pictures and it doesn't look like you even have similar pins, in addition you aren't weight bearing. I'd listen to the doc  :-X

hi Russianblues , how every thing with you...
Actuality I started to do 2 turn in my femur, and after few days I'll see if that has negative effect

Russianblues

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 07:05:43 AM »

Hi Disob :),

I'm not doing so hot, but, hopefully my condition will improve in the coming days.

Talking to other patients we must listen to our bodies. If 2mm feels better for you I think it is fine. But, if it feels odd I would say stop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up