Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anthropometrics & Biomechanics  (Read 1839 times)

Overdozer

Anthropometrics & Biomechanics
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:41:07 AM »

Hey guys, I've found really interesting article for all the people curious about proportions and all. Take a look:
http://msis.jsc.nasa.gov/sections/section03.htm
Take notice that all the dimensions are measured from NASA crewmembers (?) and:
Gravity Environment - The data are based on 1-G conditions and does not account for fluid shifts or spinal lengthening due to weightlessness.

Some nice facts I pulled out:
Racial Variations - Blacks and Whites are very similar in terms of height and weight measurements. The average torso measurement of Whites is longer than Blacks and limbs are shorter. Asians are generally shorter and lighter than Whites and Blacks. Most of this stature difference is in leg length. Asian facial dimensions may be larger in proportion to height.

Average american male crewmember is 180cm tall, has a sitting height of 94cm, knee height of 56.7, hand length of 19.3, waist height of 108.3, shoulder breadth of 49, hip breadth of 35.8, foot length of 27.3, weight of 82.2 kg, head circumference of 57.8
So far I'm happy to compare myself with them, considering I was naturally in the 5th percentile of crewmembers at 167 cm, even less. My final height is 182cm, sitting height 90, knee height 58, hand length 19.5, waist height 112, foot length 27.5, head circ 60. Only my shoulder breadth is at 44, but then again I'm 50 kg atm, while they're 82 at average, so I have quite a way to improve.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
Re: Anthropometrics & Biomechanics
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 03:50:12 PM »

Interesting. My knee height is 60.4cm now, which puts me in the 90+ percentile and would correlate to a height around 190cm. Not as bad as I thought, but it would still be obvious if anyone took the time to measure out your proportions and see all your segments in the sub-50th percentile and then one being in the 95th percentile.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 07:52:21 PM »

how do you measure knee height?

Taller

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 09:04:34 PM »

Polycrates, is your knee height in the 90th percentile of knee heights overall, or is it in the 90th percentile for people 183 centimeters tall?

If you lengthen your femurs by 5CM, you'll have a knee height that corresponds almost perfectly to your overall height. But doing LL again wouldn't be worth it just to have proportional knees.
Pages: [1]   Go Up