Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you think alcohol prevents you from reaching your potential height?  (Read 900 times)

Juiceslikewine

• Limb lengthening forums own lab rat :)

Was wondering this as someone who use to drink quite frequently,alcohol raises estrogen significantly and reduces growth hormone,a lot of teenagers binge drink every weekend so that's a significant amount of days throughout the years(usually starting at 14 or 15)with a sub optimal hormonal profile for growth, and a optimal hormonal profile for growth plate fusion and less growth in general.

Height:5'10 or 178cms
Ethnicity:white irish
Realistic height goal:5'11 or 180.5cm(Would be very content with this.

myloginacc

Re: Do you think alcohol prevents you from reaching your potential height?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 11:59:29 PM »

Basically, no one reaches their maximum potential height.

Maybe you lost a couple millimeters because of all of the alcohol. Don't worry about it.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Juiceslikewine

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 01:43:07 AM »

Basically, no one reaches their maximum potential height.

Maybe you lost a couple millimeters because of all of the alcohol. Don't worry about it.

Good to know,these things play on your mind you know.It's a shame we don't have a study on this,if we had the technology to calculate someones max height potentia,make sure this is your average teen and see if it has any significant impact on it.

But as you said i agree it's probably something insignificant like a few millimetres. 

myloginacc

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 09:59:43 PM »

Good to know,these things play on your mind you know.It's a shame we don't have a study on this,if we had the technology to calculate someones max height potentia,make sure this is your average teen and see if it has any significant impact on it.

But as you said i agree it's probably something insignificant like a few millimetres.

We do have a few studies. They're not about alcohol in specific, but the incidence of disease and infection in one of a pair of monozygotic (identical) twins and their final height. They're "essentially" genetically identical, so they all should reach the same height, right? No, that is not how it always goes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3736755/

This study accounted for nutrition and lifestyle, and saw that height discrepancies in monozygotic twins could be explained by a higher incidence of disease/infection, mainly during childhood, in the shorter twin.

However, it's not like the other twin never got sick. As such, I say it's a logical conclusion that 99.999% of all people never reach their maximum height potential. Basically everyone gets ill during their lifetime - which will slow down growth if they're yet to be adults. While I don't think the lost height is significant outside of cases of malnutrition, the incidence of disease, specially during infancy, is also a factor. Hence, I think it's safe to say most people, even the naturally tallest on Earth, lose fractions of a millimeter before reaching adulthood.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Juiceslikewine

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 06:40:26 PM »

We do have a few studies. They're not about alcohol in specific, but the incidence of disease and infection in one of a pair of monozygotic (identical) twins and their final height. They're "essentially" genetically identical, so they all should reach the same height, right? No, that is not how it always goes.

This study accounted for nutrition and lifestyle, and saw that height discrepancies in monozygotic twins could be explained by a higher incidence of disease/infection, mainly during childhood, in the shorter twin.

However, it's not like the other twin never got sick. As such, I say it's a logical conclusion that 99.999% of all people never reach their maximum height potential. Basically everyone gets ill during their lifetime - which will slow down growth if they're yet to be adults. While I don't think the lost height is significant outside of cases of malnutrition, the incidence of disease, specially during infancy, is also a factor. Hence, I think it's safe to say most people, even the naturally tallest on Earth, lose fractions of a millimeter before reaching adulthood.

Thanks for the info,as you say everyone gets sick pretty much,malnutrition disease all luck,interesting study and subject matter nonetheless.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 03:29:39 PM »

I wasn't able to open the link, so I'm curious on how much the height differences between these twins turned out to be?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up