Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leg lengthening operation with Dr. Mitkovic in Serbia  (Read 2385 times)

cl0udjumper

• Visitor
Leg lengthening operation with Dr. Mitkovic in Serbia
« on: September 26, 2018, 12:27:16 AM »

Hello all,

Against my better judgement, I am going to share a few things with this forum since I see that Serbia is underdocumented.  Hopefully I do not regret this.  However, since this forum assisted me in learning I feel I owe it something.

Here is some of my personal information

Age- 20s
Height - 5'8" (173cm) . Build- bodybuilder (weight 210lbs at 11%bf)
Height after lengthening - 6'2" minimum (188cm);  8cm tibia, 7cm femur
Method - external

Surgery scheduled the coming winter.

I am a somewhat well known entrepreneur and entertainment producer(hence my secrecy).  Cost was no object, but I have business in Serbia and I am using the extra cash towards a 4000sqft apartment here while I recover and do business. 

I met with multiple doctors across the States and elsewhere and felt that Dr. Mitkovic and his external method was best as I have a very high pain tolerance (ex-military and 8 hours at Mckamey Manor(google that)

With prices in Serbia, I am hiring a full time cook, physical therapist, and nurse to ensure I recover as soon as possible with no complications.  I am also planning on having stem cell injections at strategic intervals to assist me in that goal.

I plan to be even more flexible and to keep my current cardio activity numbers.  Dr. Mitkovic and I are confident in this being done with the amount of effort I plan to put into it (4+hrs a day of PT).

Feel free to post any reasonable questions and I will do my best to answer them. 

TallerDream

Re: Leg lengthening operation with Dr. Mitkovic in Serbia
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 01:55:50 AM »

I am a bodybuilder too and one of the things I'm worried about is that all my lower body muscle mass will be thrown down the toilet.
And one way or another it will be hard to maintain your upper body physique because you can't use your legs.
The only muscles you'll probably be able to workout are your shoulders, arms and chest.. when you train back a lot of the rowing movements to develop back thickness imply a bit of legs usage.
Since you're 210lbs at only 11% bf you probably put a lot of dedication into your physique so how do you feel about all of this?
My stats are similar to yours, I am 174cm, 220lbs and like 20% bf, I'm muscular but quite bulky too...

Regarding the surgery, that goal of yours will be split into two surgeries right? There's no way you can pull off 6 inches at once. 6 inches sounds like a lot, are you sure your proportions can handle that much? I hope your torso is long or you'll look really lanky afterwards lol
By the way, 8cm is too much for the tibia, you should lengthen your femurs more than your tibias because it's a bone that can handle more lengthening. Good luck with external on your femurs because you're gonna need it... extremely painful and you risk developing life-long knee pain.

cl0udjumper

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 02:26:50 AM »

Questions addressed in order

1.  My lower body has always been very muscular.  When I was a competitive bodybuilder(almost 10 years back),  that was a good thing; Now?  Not so much.  I tried for the past couple of years to atrophy my legs into losing their mass, but to no avail.  To give you an idea, my hips are 40" while my waist is 30" currently.  Hence,  I would actually prefer to get rid of some mass.

2. I have talked to a physical therapist and I am confident I can maintain my current physique with a few different methods.  One) eating very very clean 2) Electrical Stimulation every day 3) isometric exercises every day 4) stem cell injections
The way I am genetically coded makes it quite easy for me to retain muscle (especially if I am not being lean, say going up to 15% or so bf).
However, I could care less even if if I lost a bit;  I gain back mass fast and people are amazed at how big I am now.

As a reference,  I have maintained my current physique (abs at 210) without stepping foot in a gym for the past 4 years.  I do not have the time anymore and pushups and situps have been enough to maintain.

On dedication - I have put a lot into my body, but I have forgotten it at times too.  For a couple years, I went on Elon Musk-like bursts of not caring and then caring too much.  Especially since I deal with guys in their 50s or 60s who have not, as a rule, seen the joys of the barbell.  I am also planning to bulk up for the surgery as I want the extra fat to help with recovery. 

3.  I am still arguing with the good Doctor over this.  I want to do it all in one go.  I am buying an apartment an hour away from him and I have a good amount of influence through some political connections, so he is not likely to let me get hurt.  I am unconvinced after reviewing studies, that it would be worse on me to do it all in one go. 

4.  I have very short legs.  When I was at University, I was recruited as a gymnast relentlessly.  I was also a very natural powerlifter for the leg assisted lifts (deadlift, squat).  500lb squat and 620lb deadlift at age 16 with 6 months training.  My proportions will only be off by an inch or so using the Lee Haney method applied for 6'2" and I have already tested this using 5" lift boots for years at business meetings (only way for my size to look natural).

5.  This was another argument with the good Doctor.  Doing exact math on my proportions, 8cm is better for my looks.  Also, my tibia is disproportionately shorter than my femur.  Pain is pain.  If I did not damage my knees alraedy when I abused them in weight training, then I doubt this will be the nail in the coffin. 

In the past couple years, as I acquired more resources,  I have begun spending quite a bit of money ensuring I do not have future problems and generally perfecting myself for my future plans.  I did a rhinoplasty and some other procedures as well in addition to having all kinds of diagnostic work done so I can anticipate most problems.  I am also of the opinion that technology will exist in 10-20 years that will be able to regrow joints and tendons, so I see my window of pain as temporary regardless.

6 (not related to any of your specific comments).  I was not going to add this, but I think it will do a service to those considering the operation without my context.

Just under a year ago, my fiancee passed away.  With her gone,  my appearance will not affect or dishearten anyone (no immediate family).  I could care less about my appearance as I always accomplished things in my life with a blend of charisma and blind confidence.  For reference, my fiancee was 5'11 and was a model;  I was dating her before I got to my current financial position.

I have future ambitions that I have determined would benefit from me possessing a certain look.  That is the reason I am undergoing this.  Though I will admit that I do not sanity check myself much anymore, so it could be just to see if I can handle it(who knows? :) )

Thank you for the questions @Tallerdream.  I hope I was able to provide some context.

ThatGuy

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 03:00:04 AM »

Questions addressed in order

1.  My lower body has always been very muscular.  When I was a competitive bodybuilder(almost 10 years back),  that was a good thing; Now?  Not so much.  I tried for the past couple of years to atrophy my legs into losing their mass, but to no avail.  To give you an idea, my hips are 40" while my waist is 30" currently.  Hence,  I would actually prefer to get rid of some mass.

2. I have talked to a physical therapist and I am confident I can maintain my current physique with a few different methods.  One) eating very very clean 2) Electrical Stimulation every day 3) isometric exercises every day 4) stem cell injections
The way I am genetically coded makes it quite easy for me to retain muscle (especially if I am not being lean, say going up to 15% or so bf).
However, I could care less even if if I lost a bit;  I gain back mass fast and people are amazed at how big I am now.

As a reference,  I have maintained my current physique (abs at 210) without stepping foot in a gym for the past 4 years.  I do not have the time anymore and pushups and situps have been enough to maintain.

On dedication - I have put a lot into my body, but I have forgotten it at times too.  For a couple years, I went on Elon Musk-like bursts of not caring and then caring too much.  Especially since I deal with guys in their 50s or 60s who have not, as a rule, seen the joys of the barbell.  I am also planning to bulk up for the surgery as I want the extra fat to help with recovery. 

3.  I am still arguing with the good Doctor over this.  I want to do it all in one go.  I am buying an apartment an hour away from him and I have a good amount of influence through some political connections, so he is not likely to let me get hurt.  I am unconvinced after reviewing studies, that it would be worse on me to do it all in one go. 

4.  I have very short legs.  When I was at University, I was recruited as a gymnast relentlessly.  I was also a very natural powerlifter for the leg assisted lifts (deadlift, squat).  500lb squat and 620lb deadlift at age 16 with 6 months training.  My proportions will only be off by an inch or so using the Lee Haney method applied for 6'2" and I have already tested this using 5" lift boots for years at business meetings (only way for my size to look natural).

5.  This was another argument with the good Doctor.  Doing exact math on my proportions, 8cm is better for my looks.  Also, my tibia is disproportionately shorter than my femur.  Pain is pain.  If I did not damage my knees alraedy when I abused them in weight training, then I doubt this will be the nail in the coffin. 

In the past couple years, as I acquired more resources,  I have begun spending quite a bit of money ensuring I do not have future problems and generally perfecting myself for my future plans.  I did a rhinoplasty and some other procedures as well in addition to having all kinds of diagnostic work done so I can anticipate most problems.  I am also of the opinion that technology will exist in 10-20 years that will be able to regrow joints and tendons, so I see my window of pain as temporary regardless.

6 (not related to any of your specific comments).  I was not going to add this, but I think it will do a service to those considering the operation without my context.

Just under a year ago, my fiancee passed away.  With her gone,  my appearance will not affect or dishearten anyone (no immediate family).  I could care less about my appearance as I always accomplished things in my life with a blend of charisma and blind confidence.  For reference, my fiancee was 5'11 and was a model;  I was dating her before I got to my current financial position.

I have future ambitions that I have determined would benefit from me possessing a certain look.  That is the reason I am undergoing this.  Though I will admit that I do not sanity check myself much anymore, so it could be just to see if I can handle it(who knows? :) )

Thank you for the questions @Tallerdream.  I hope I was able to provide some context.
What's your wingspan,inseam and sitting height? I'm asking because going from 5'8 to 6'2 is a bit much and I'll be around there soon enough, I'm just checking ratios.

cl0udjumper

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 03:07:31 AM »

Wingspan - 6'2.5"**
Inseam 30"
I have not measured sitting height,  I will have someone do so and post it later this week.

@ThatGuy

ThatGuy

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 03:31:29 AM »

Wingspan - 6'2.5"**
Inseam 30"
I have not measured sitting height,  I will have someone do so and post it later this week.

@ThatGuy
Jesus, those are some long arms. How big are your biceps? What's your 1 rm bicep curl?

cl0udjumper

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 03:43:34 AM »

18.25" cold when I measured last, but when I was training I had some 21s.  I never did 1RM bicep curls when I was in the gym due to fear of bicep tear, but I did some strict barbell curls set of 5 at 225lbs, probably could have done a bit more than that on a max.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 04:04:46 AM »

With such a nice plan and all of that investment, please don't do 15cm. This could be an amazing experience and a really great outcome with just 10. I really doubt you'll get a good, 80%+ mechanical recovery with 15cm, even with the best care in the world.

cl0udjumper

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 04:40:58 AM »

10 just is just not enough for what I need.  I am confident that I can retain full athletic ability with enough treatment and stem cell therapy throughout and after.  Even if I lost some mobility, it does not matter anymore.  My future is being the armchair general, no longer the frontline. 

I have met some previous guys with operations that did 11cm on just their femurs (in the 90s) when I lived in Moscow and they did not have stem cells or the luxuries I am getting.  As I said though,  I believe that even if I fail to return to full mobility, their will be other solutions in the coming decade or so with the pace at which technology is being developed.

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 03:14:30 AM »

I have met some previous guys with operations that did 11cm on just their femurs (in the 90s) when I lived in Moscow and they did not have stem cells or the luxuries I am getting.  As I said though,  I believe that even if I fail to return to full mobility, their will be other solutions in the coming decade or so with the pace at which technology is being developed.

How did you meet guys doing 11cm on femurs in the 90s if your in your 20s? You wouldve been way too young to even understand what LL was.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 04:02:58 AM »

How did you meet guys doing 11cm on femurs in the 90s if your in your 20s? You wouldve been way too young to even understand what LL was.

They had LL in the 90s, he probably met them within the last few years.

cl0udjumper

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 06:16:09 AM »

Apologies if my grammar was misleading.  I met gentlemen who had undergone the procedure in the 1990s.

cl0udjumper

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 11:27:14 AM »

I appreciate your warnings, Roy.  I was already deeply wary of Serbian help, so I am hiring Russian therapists and a private nurse to counteract.

Luther

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »

how much you pay with dr .Mitkovic for external femour? somebody know ?
regards

Johnson1111

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 07:05:37 PM »

Why would you let those guys do that to you in mckamey manner lol???

Didn't your marine instincts kick in and ask why are these actors beating me up when I could kick all of their asses?

Good luck nevertheless if you're not trolling

cl0udjumper

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2018, 12:50:02 AM »

Ask him for prices.  They are competitive (around $35k total for me)

cl0udjumper

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 12:53:25 AM »

Not a marine lol.  Was only a 37F in the army, but I have been shot before.  I am very, very good at self control at this point in my life.  It was still crazier than I imagined, but my mind did not believe I would suffer any sustaining damage, so it is not as big a deal as those with weaker minds.  Still would not do it now, Mckamey drugs people now with serious   and that is too big a risk at that point.

I am compulsive to things that most people cannot handle.  Only way to keep life interesting.

cl0udjumper

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 12:55:19 AM »

From my research, you run into the same type of people as semi-unregulated medicine anywhere else, which means you have to be on spot with everything and make sure that the guy cutting you open and his compatriots are trustworthy - if not then they need to be replaced.

andreaello

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2020, 01:57:20 AM »

Hi, i noticed your post about LL with doctor Mitkovic, canyon share you experience?
Pages: [1]   Go Up