Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arrived in st. petersburg  (Read 834 times)

tallmf

Arrived in st. petersburg
« on: October 20, 2018, 09:44:37 AM »

Hi, I am a 28-year-old male, just arrived in Saint Petersburg. Yesterday I had a consultation with dr. solomon and dr. kulesh. prior to my arrival, I've even visited the Kurgan Ilizarov center and decided not to undergo surgery with them, the only reason was I did not want to wear the frames for 8-10 months. even though they say you can go home after 3 months, it is impossible to go home with frames on, I hope you'll know what I mean. but it was a perfectly safe, cost-efficient and nice place ( except the not so good food) for someone who wouldn't mind spending 8-11 months with the frame. P.S: I had the chances to meet international patients as well.

anyway, Dr.solomon and Dr.kulesh seem good and they know their stuff, they certainly not looking for sales. they even advised me to go ahead with Ilizarov center and insisted Ilizarov traditional frame method is better as it comes with fewer/no complications. also said there is no surgery date until November 4th.

but I was pretty determined that I can't wear frames for a long time. I discussed the technical side of the surgery with Dr. Solomon. So finally we settled with LATN. however, because I need visa support  (my current Russian visa expires on 8th of December which is not enough to cover the entire length of the treatment )  Dr.kulesh did the calculations and came up with the conclusion that the cheapest option available is, to do the surgery and stay the entire period in a private clinic as they offer cheaper rates if we stay longer than 30 days rather than do the surgery in municipal then switching to private clinic or leasing an apartment with minimum term which is three months etc.

So it was around usd $19 000 without rebandages and physiotherapy for LATN including the three-month stay in a private clinic with food. which thrown my budget a little out of whack.

I'm here in my hotel now and contemplating what to do?

I was considering dr.amar sarin from New Delhi , India as he offers guest house and all. however, after reading the comments I am scared to gamble my legs.

I'd certainly love to go with dr. Mangal parihar from Mumbai, India without any second thought, However, I do not want to be seen with frames on in my legs by my any friends traveling or living in India during the course of the treatment. that's what stopping me from going to dr. parihar.

So, guys, I'm looking forward to your advices and suggestions from who has done or is doing the treatment/surgery with Dr. Solomon and dr. kulesh  regarding the cost-cutting? because  I have partially made up my mind to do the surgery without worrying about the expenses. I hope it is worth it, It better be :)

wants2growtaller

Re: Arrived in st. petersburg
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 11:05:28 AM »

Good luck. How much are you lengthening?
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

tallmf

Re: Arrived in st. petersburg
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 11:27:09 AM »

I'm 5'5'' so I'm just aiming for 6cm, I wouldn't want any complications...
Pages: [1]   Go Up