Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Giotikas - external tibia/Stryde - Diary 2018/2019  (Read 11529 times)

Kenda

Re: Dr. Giotikas - external tibia/Stryde - Diary 2018/2019
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2019, 12:37:03 PM »

Great, can you tell us your overall impression on Dr G?
Is he accountable, experienced and skilled enough
Did he encourage it band and tendon release and these stuff
How much would you rate him compared to US Doctors?

cheekycabs

« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2019, 01:08:31 PM »

I lost the ability to stand up on my own after the surgery. I don't think that strength would help until the frames are there. So I don't do much . Pretty sure that after the frames it'll be a lot easier.

I will test the stairs soon now that my legs are both stronger.

My walking abilities do progress luckily too. But whenever I sit for several minutes and want to stand up and walk I can't do that immidietaly. I need about a minute and more until I feel stable on my feet. But that's again the pressure from the pins. What about you? Can you walk immidietaly after standing up?

True. Thanks! You, too!

I need some sort of support to stand, at least 1 forearm crutch and pushing against the chair/table/whatever. I can walk immediately, but my ballerina is a bit stiff until I walk a good 10 meters and everything is okay, the ballerina is temporary and my feet go normal. All of the pressure for me is on my ankles, but it's not so bad and I can walk immediately.

Are you saying you haven't done any stairs training at all?? Oh man, I hope that's not what you're saying.

Are you walking unaided? With a zimmer? With crutches?
Full External Ilizarov Surgery in Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0

6 months in, 90% consolidation. 5.5cm. Frame removal in May

Great321

« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2019, 08:39:23 PM »

Great, can you tell us your overall impression on Dr G?
Is he accountable, experienced and skilled enough
Did he encourage it band and tendon release and these stuff
How much would you rate him compared to US Doctors?

Dr. Giotikas is a reliable doctor who you can contact all the time during and after the whole process. I didn't need those IT band release stuff things. But he talked about that during the consultation. So someone who needs it will get it. I can't compare him to U.S. doctors. I do not recommend fully externals though. LON is better.

I need some sort of support to stand, at least 1 forearm crutch and pushing against the chair/table/whatever. I can walk immediately, but my ballerina is a bit stiff until I walk a good 10 meters and everything is okay, the ballerina is temporary and my feet go normal. All of the pressure for me is on my ankles, but it's not so bad and I can walk immediately.

Are you saying you haven't done any stairs training at all?? Oh man, I hope that's not what you're saying.

Are you walking unaided? With a zimmer? With crutches?

The stairs I have at home are very high and bad to exercise with. I don't do PT outside somewhere else. But I'm pretty sure that when the frames are off it'll be less of a problem.

I mostly walk with crutches now. Only for standing up I use either the walker or something around me to lift me up.

I still have a tiny bit of ballerina foot. After a good stretch it's gone BUT when I stand straight I can fall backwards... only if my upper body leans a bit forward I wouldn't fall.. weird

cheekycabs

« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2019, 08:55:07 PM »

I think I asked you about your PT before, but I don't think you said what kind of PT you're doing.

As for me, I'm not really doing any, but I'm walking in the city, up and down stairs and on uneven ground every day, sometimes upwards of 2km. For sure my ass strength is evaporated and I can't get up myself, I wish there was a way to improve it. I'm looking into yoga classes, maybe seeing some women will motivate me to move my legs around a bit.

If I take the right painkillers (150mg ketanol) I can walk unaided very slowly, and I jerk my upper body completely to do it. I think I took about 10 steps so I'm seeing improvement. Totally penguin style.
Full External Ilizarov Surgery in Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0

6 months in, 90% consolidation. 5.5cm. Frame removal in May

Great321

« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2019, 12:52:41 PM »

I think I asked you about your PT before, but I don't think you said what kind of PT you're doing.

As for me, I'm not really doing any, but I'm walking in the city, up and down stairs and on uneven ground every day, sometimes upwards of 2km. For sure my ass strength is evaporated and I can't get up myself, I wish there was a way to improve it. I'm looking into yoga classes, maybe seeing some women will motivate me to move my legs around a bit.

If I take the right painkillers (150mg ketanol) I can walk unaided very slowly, and I jerk my upper body completely to do it. I think I took about 10 steps so I'm seeing improvement. Totally penguin style.

I don't do PT as well. I will continue with it when the frames are off. I only walk and stretch.

I can lift my right leg unaided, too. I think it's just a matter of time and everything will be fine. Good luck!

Great321

« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2019, 01:12:06 PM »

Update

Stiffness in my left leg is gone while walking.
During taking steps I sometimes  try to only  use one crutch. The other one is in my hand for security reasons. It works but right leg has to improve more.

The nerve of my right lower leg doesn't bother me anymore.

Jubartt169

« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2019, 03:58:53 PM »

Hey, nice diary.

May you make a video showing us your walking ?

Great321

« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2019, 07:13:53 PM »

Video of me walking

Imgur only allows short clips, so I had to shorten it. In my mind it feels faster than it looks like but it's a huge improvement. I should have exercised a lot more than I would be further by now. But I still have enough time.  Also I could have walked more with a straight posture but I didn't think about it I guess.

https://imgur.com/a/UqvQquN

Hey, nice diary.

May you make a video showing us your walking ?

Here it is. Right after waking up I'm usually slower. Later it'll get better with time. And I can be faster than in the video above.

Great321

« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2019, 10:19:11 PM »

New video

https://imgur.com/a/YPgA2jz

Old video
https://imgur.com/a/UqvQquN

As you can see I'm a bit faster now.

dinozzo

• Visitor
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2019, 11:21:02 PM »

you are doing great, thank you for the video.

Great321

« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2019, 10:12:36 AM »

you are doing great, thank you for the video.

You're welcome. Hope it helps.

Kenda

« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2019, 04:42:38 PM »

Great231,
when are you going to make Stryde Femurs?

Did you see anyone doing it with giotikas or did he tell you how many people he did stryde on ? becuase there doesnt seem to be any

Great321

« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2019, 05:20:23 PM »

4) When are u doing stryde on  femurs?  from your experience with pain do u feel that if u wouldve done internal femurs it would hurt more ?

4) I don't know yet. I want to rest for a few years. As I haven't had experience regarding internal nails I don't know if internal femur would be more or less painfull.

I don't know any stryde patient.

Great321

« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2019, 04:03:25 PM »

Update

I can walk with only one crutch now. But slower compared to walking with two crutches.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up