Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a 2 year collage degree or 3 inches height increment  (Read 938 times)

Sanity

a 2 year collage degree or 3 inches height increment
« on: November 03, 2018, 08:15:55 AM »

i have a 4 year degree rn but so if i had to decide between another 2 year university degree which could be really helpful for my career or 3 inches height gain thru cll wat should it be.

roughly the time i'd spent is the same coz i'l be going to external only tibias and that should take around a year with frames on p.s more to fully recover. i have alrdy made my choice tho just saying. however if i was to choose between one which should it be.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

Re: a 2 year collage degree or 3 inches height increment
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 02:30:47 PM »

Literally no one really successful thinks that formal education is necessary.

https://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-trashes-higher-education-says-its-not-for-everyone-2012-5

edwardv6

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 03:42:54 PM »

Depends on what you study and the jobs you can get.

https://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-trashes-higher-education-says-its-not-for-everyone-2012-5
Yet another BS post by @Bruce Wayne, what's new?

Having any degree is better than having none, it's a valuable investment. The point Buffet was making is if you have other options better than getting a degree then getting a degree might not be the best investment for you.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/upshot/bill-gates-college-dropout-dont-be-like-me.html
banned for flaming/hostility

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 04:50:44 PM »

Depends on what you study and the jobs you can get.
Yet another BS post by @Bruce Wayne, what's new?

Having any degree is better than having none, it's a valuable investment. The point Buffet was making is if you have other options better than getting a degree then getting a degree might not be the best investment for you.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/upshot/bill-gates-college-dropout-dont-be-like-me.html

Yet another BS argument by @edwardv6, what's new?

Sanity

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 10:23:16 PM »

yes i read tht and he does hav a point but speaking in terms of comparison here, which one outweighs the other. i think if personally i'd incline towards height coz its gona stay with u a lifetime until ur ded and do u better in life but i could be wrong and ppl hav different opinions.

edwardv6

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 08:02:12 AM »

Yet another BS argument by @edwardv6, what's new?
As expected, you can never respond to any points nor admit your stupidity.

And by the way, anyone and everyone who is successful or not, will tell you to go get a degree. Only a fool like yourself could come up with "Literally no one really successful thinks that formal education is necessary." and probably think it's a good idea to not go for one. No wonder you can't stop posting BS because you lack even a basic education lol.

Anyways @Sanity, there are a lot of variables to take into account, whether or not you own a home for example could play a big part in making a decision like this. You see people on this forum talking about saving up just to get this surgery, say they don't own a home yet, no degree, and what they saved up for this surgery is all the money they have, then in my opinion it's not worth getting LL because there is going to be a ton of "catching up" to do later on if they go for the surgery. On the other hand a more extreme example, if someone had a million dollar salary, have all basic necessities covered, the cost surgery would be a drop in the bucket, they wouldn't have as many variables to weigh in on and have a clearer road to making their decision.

TL;DR just look up opportunity cost.

Sanity

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 08:21:09 AM »

And by the way, anyone and everyone who is successful or not, will tell you to go get a degree. Only a fool like yourself could come up with "Literally no one really successful thinks that formal education is necessary." and probably think it's a good idea to not go for one. No wonder you can't stop posting BS because you lack even a basic education lol.

Anyways @Sanity, there are a lot of variables to take into account, whether or not you own a home for example could play a big part in making a decision like this. You see people on this forum talking about saving up just to get this surgery, say they don't own a home yet, no degree, and what they saved up for this surgery is all the money they have, then in my opinion it's not worth getting LL because there is going to be a ton of "catching up" to do later on if they go for the surgery. On the other hand a more extreme example, if someone had a million dollar salary, have all basic necessities covered, the cost surgery would be a drop in the bucket, they wouldn't have as many variables to weigh in on and have a clearer road to making their decision.

thanks for sharing ur opinion. well if i consider tht then im in the middle i'd say. not perfect in life still need alot of sorting to do and not too down. i think with ll i can get to a point where il be more confident especially my mind and body will be matched so i'l be able to focus on things. will pay the opportunity cost for tht. and yes there will be catching up to do but with a more confident and calm mind il catch up. i will loose alot of precious time during ll recovery phase but after im done my motivation to live life to the full will be even higher thus its a win win.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 09:23:36 AM »

I admit that my biggest mistake in life was that I didn't quit school earlier. I didn't respond because you don't deserve my response. But since you insist here's more for your small brain to digest:

Good luck making more posts!

Ascending

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 12:23:59 PM »

I admit that my biggest mistake in life was that I didn't quit school earlier. I didn't respond because you don't deserve my response. But since you insist here's more for your small brain to digest:

Yes there are a handful of billionaires/millionaires that made it without going to college or dropping out before they completed.  However, I suspect that the overwhelming majority of non-graduates are not even earning high salaries.  Besides which there are a great many reasons other than career to get a college degree.

Answering the OP - If it were a choice of doing a postgraduate degree and LL - I would choose LL and postpone the postgraduate degree.  The exception being if the postgraduate degree was necessary for the career - for example my understanding is that law or medicine in the states are both post graduate courses.

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 03:02:31 PM »

Yes there are a handful of billionaires/millionaires that made it without going to college or dropping out before they completed.  However, I suspect that the overwhelming majority of non-graduates are not even earning high salaries.  Besides which there are a great many reasons other than career to get a college degree.

Answering the OP - If it were a choice of doing a postgraduate degree and LL - I would choose LL and postpone the postgraduate degree.  The exception being if the postgraduate degree was necessary for the career - for example my understanding is that law or medicine in the states are both post graduate courses.

That's because most people are comfortable following the crowd doing what everyone else is doing. And the ones who don't go to school simply because they never wanted to accomplish anything in life in the first place.

I think in the US college degree might be a little more important. But in my country here it's practically useless. I graduated from university and I can confidently say that I did not learn a single thing. Literally wasted 3.5 years of my life and money for a single certificate that doesn't have any uses.

But anyway, university wasn't so bad. High school was basically getting tortured voluntarily without any reward.

edwardv6

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 01:59:42 AM »

Lol at using outliers as an example, what makes you think you're special like them? Again you continue to miss the point that they made investments worth more than getting a degree.

That's because most people are comfortable following the crowd doing what everyone else is doing. And the ones who don't go to school simply because they never wanted to accomplish anything in life in the first place.

I think in the US college degree might be a little more important. But in my country here it's practically useless. I graduated from university and I can confidently say that I did not learn a single thing. Literally wasted 3.5 years of my life and money for a single certificate that doesn't have any uses.

But anyway, university wasn't so bad. High school was basically getting tortured voluntarily without any reward.
Following the crowd and doing what everyone else is doing? How about being smart and making a good investment. Not everyone needs to get a higher education but those people, if we're talking about those who will find success, most likely know a trade or have skills that could lead them to a decent career. You'd be nuts if you think you're guaranteed to be an anomaly like Buffett, Gates, Zuckerberg, etc.

If you feel like you wasted time getting a higher education then you probably should of thought a little harder about what you wanted in life. In any case having that certificate shows commitment and depending on what you studied, probably plenty of other qualities. On top of that, college isn't just there for getting an education, or a piece of paper, you could of spent your time making connections, networking, etc, which arguably could be the most important thing you could do at college depending on your field. Those outliers you want to use as an example didn't get where they are at by themselves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up