Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On proportions: This guy is technically below average height  (Read 3333 times)

CaptainAmerica

On proportions: This guy is technically below average height
« on: November 08, 2018, 02:38:43 AM »

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Colin-Ford-49058.html

Just goes to show you how having a long neck, small head, long torso can make you seem much taller than you really are.

(lol inb4 BodyBuilder comes in here and says women are not attracted to skinny men like this and that they are complete jokes)

I would guess this guy to be 6'1'ish honestly. Never would imagine he'd be 5'9.75, which is technically below the average of 5'10.4.

Meanwhile, a guy like Jason Statham at 5'8.75 is only one inch shorter than him, but rather, looks like he'd be at least 4 inches shorter.

So weird to think about. Can you imagine them standing together and only having an inch in separation of height between them?

Sanity

Re: On proportions: This guy is technically below average height
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 03:21:53 AM »

its the clothes. jason is wearing non-fitting clothes all over the body p.s with a bad posture.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

177cmm

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 11:17:45 AM »

One has better proportion, second worse. We can't do anything with that. I'm at 178 with long legs but my proportion is like 175 guy around. For example I have seen boys at 200+ and they looked shorter, also I have seen guy at 184-5cm around who had that much impressive proportion that if I would see him on pic I would say 195 comfortably.

ramaka

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 02:35:47 PM »

It’s interesting because I’m 177.8 with short legs 76 cm inseam which is below what my height should be not by much but it’s still below so short legs me lol I’m more torso than legs which isn’t bad for LL

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 03:51:29 PM »

It’s interesting because I’m 177.8 with short legs 76 cm inseam which is below what my height should be not by much but it’s still below so short legs me lol I’m more torso than legs which isn’t bad for LL

Do you think you’d still want LL if you had the proportions in the OP? I don’t think he would look short or be considered short by ANYONE in real life, or receive different treatment based on his size. I also can’t imagine he’d be treated much differently if his legs were suddenly 3 inches longer.

Also you’re already taller than 95% of 20-39 white women, and we all know how it’s not easily discernible to determine how much taller than you someone is, especially when they pass the 3+ inch mark (women are notoriously bad at this). So I don’t think the majority of women would suddenly see you as being that much taller either.

ivan

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 06:28:41 PM »

Are you sure you've measured your inseam properly? At your height it should be at least 80 cm.

ramaka

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 09:41:19 PM »

Are you sure you've measured your inseam properly? At your height it should be at least 80 cm.

Positive done it 4 times and every time it was that keep in mind though inseam is only measured to your ankle

ivan

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 11:13:26 AM »

That's the correct way:

ramaka

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 08:06:11 PM »

That's the correct way:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/how-does-one-measure-inseam-to-the-top-of-foot-or-right-to-the-floor-need-pants.1277928/

This is where I got my measuring information from plus there’s lots of videos on it and they state the same to the ankle because if you bought pants all the way to the floor they’d be clearly too long

ivan

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 09:53:22 PM »

I think you are confusing pants inseam with real inseam.

ramaka

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 10:13:54 PM »

I think you are confusing pants inseam with real inseam.

Remember bro your foot is a different bone than your legs so I’m guessing it technically can’t get put on the same measurement as leg length/inseam length

ivan

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 11:24:25 PM »

The foot is a part of the leg. But that's not the point - if you are measuring your actual inseam the example I showed above is the one you should be using. If you are buying jeans - your method is the right one. I'm pretty sure if you measure your actual inseam it will turn out your legs are not that short.

ramaka

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 12:19:51 AM »

The foot is a part of the leg. But that's not the point - if you are measuring your actual inseam the example I showed above is the one you should be using. If you are buying jeans - your method is the right one. I'm pretty sure if you measure your actual inseam it will turn out your legs are not that short.

If that’s the case then I do apologise and it’s 80 cm to foot but just on that mind taking a look at this, it’s an old mock-up I made in 2017 I did them wrong btw the 183 cm mock-up is somewhere between 188-190 cm and the 188 cm is like 195 I can generally tell because of the eye level and if I was to get that amount of cm added to get to 188 6’2 do you think I’d be out of proportion with a 90 inseam to ankle

https://m.imgur.com/o6HhHdw

I’m guessing I wouldn’t be because I’ve seen people who are taller talking about there pants inseam being something like 36 inches at 6’2 which is like 91.

Also it gives this actual topic more information about the proportions issue it originally mentions 😁

ivan

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2018, 12:29:26 AM »

I think you look good with the 183 cm (188 cm) cm mock-up.

By the way, your leg to body ratio is 45% which is in the normal range, albeit in the lower range.

ramaka

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2018, 12:50:21 AM »

I think you look good with the 183 cm (188 cm) cm mock-up.

By the way, your leg to body ratio is 45% which is in the normal range, albeit in the lower range.

No problem cheers for the feedback bro nd it’s actually weird to find out my ratio is 45% at 80 cm you’d never think that lol

myloginacc

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 10:22:17 PM »

I don't think it is surprising. Different builds and all.

Statham is of a stockier build with wider bones and more mass. Additionally, he's much older than the first guy. The difference wasn't as starking when Statham was younger:

Pavarotti was taller than both (going by the numbers you provided here), but had the appearance of being shorter in some pics. Ford being by himself in the first pic helps with the effect.

Likewise, being next to a tall, lean woman on heels helps in making you look shorter.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

kream

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 04:59:52 PM »

It's just perspective/illusion/etc. because of body builds; from a distance with my boots (due to the 1 inch lift on the heel) I look as tall as 185cm (6'1''ish in American unit) but when up close to me I've heard comments like "you're shorter than I thought" "oh you're not as tall as you look" etc. (because I'm not 185cm. My arm span is !!! But not me I'm just 174; 176 or so with boots :)... )

Even at the doctors when I went to ask about my growth plates & my height/will I grow; when I was asked "how tall are you" and I mentioned 174 she said "wow really your build makes you look taller" and sure sounds great only if I was actually taller

ThatGuy

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2018, 06:08:02 PM »

It's just perspective/illusion/etc. because of body builds; from a distance with my boots (due to the 1 inch lift on the heel) I look as tall as 185cm (6'1''ish in American unit) but when up close to me I've heard comments like "you're shorter than I thought" "oh you're not as tall as you look" etc. (because I'm not 185cm. My arm span is !!! But not me I'm just 174; 176 or so with boots :)... )

Even at the doctors when I went to ask about my growth plates & my height/will I grow; when I was asked "how tall are you" and I mentioned 174 she said "wow really your build makes you look taller" and sure sounds great only if I was actually taller
I know that feel, my wingspan is around 183-185 and I'm 173-174. If you saw me from a distance you might think I was a bit taller, but I just have really wide shoulders and long arms. At my heaviest I had 22-23 inch shoulders so I probably get more odd impressions than I think. I'm just hoping I can get to 24 at 200+ pounds.

Ascending

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 08:24:46 PM »

Proportions of the very tall - they look like that had some crazy amount of LL but all natural.  In my opinion they would look better with leg length reduced by 1/3:

(Manute Bol and Chuck Nevitt)

ThatGuy

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 09:35:24 PM »

Proportions of the very tall - they look like that had some crazy amount of LL but all natural.  In my opinion they would look better with leg length reduced by 1/3:

(Manute Bol and Chuck Nevitt)
Maybe if they had larger frames and 100-200 more pounds they could look decent.

6'2_dream

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 10:09:43 AM »

the measure of the seam for "proportion" is to have a relation between your upper body and the lower part, it is to know how long your leg in proportion to the body,

an example I have 80cm from the bottom of my body and 1 meter from the
"superior part", total 1.80m. within the body proportion is just that,
but it is obvious that in order to have the actual measurements you measure the tibia from the inside of the leg to the lateral bone of the ankle, and to measure the femur you measure by the side looking with the finger of the head of the femur on the side of the hip and until the intersection of the knee.

https://imgur.com/a/PEVQjnw
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m
Pages: [1]   Go Up