Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help... what are your thoughts?  (Read 989 times)

Mapk

• Visitor
Help... what are your thoughts?
« on: November 08, 2018, 06:50:09 PM »

Hi,

Before I start I've read this forum a lot and what i'm about to outline is something deeply personal to me and whilst I understand there are many people around the world and indeed on this forum who maybe thinking .. why? you're lucky - I am in no way by asking this advice trying to come across ungrateful for what I have, we all have our own LL journey and this is mine.

I am a 23 year old male, who is currently 63 kg and 176cm. I would like to undergo LL to increase my height by 4.5-6cm depending on what is the safest and most tolerated by my body. My budget is around £40K.

Would people be able to suggest whether LL bilaterally via the tibia is best achieved using internals or externals? which ever is superior the reasons for and against would be appreciated. I am also concerned somewhat about scarring related to externals, do they fade with time, how bad are they due to pin sites compression?

Once again I'd appreciate your advice :)

Thanks!

AR

Re: Help... what are your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 08:43:55 PM »

First of all I'm supporting you because you will find some comments that will disappoint you because you are good height. But my point is do what you want as long as you know the consequences and the risks and at the end the benefits.
--------
I would suggest external for tibia. Do it with the right dr like salameh in germany in my opinion and after reading so many diaries of his patients and examined his frame salameh fix , as well as how he guides his patients during the lengthening phase he is the best to offer external. And you will be in a good hand. BTW I'm not promoting anything As I'm a LL who did external tibia in Russia.
- gained 4 cms External Tibias in Russia
- went from 171 to 175
- still recovering and having the frames
-English is not my first language

Mapk

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 09:57:29 PM »

Hi AR ,

Thanks for your support it’s really nice to hear! I’ve read a lot about the potential complications but as an experience LL have you had any long lasting effects which limit you day to day?

AR

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 11:49:08 PM »

Hi AR ,

Thanks for your support it’s really nice to hear! I’ve read a lot about the potential complications but as an experience LL have you had any long lasting effects which limit you day to day?

I'm still having the frames - i did only 4 cms in Russia but i developed some complications like - knee bending (gone now) , ballerina foot (almost gone but i still need some more dorsiflexion) and nerve damage (lost sensation in some area in left leg) i'm still having the frames for 1 or 2 month so i can't judge know as i need some time to recover but considering that i did only 4 cms and developed these complications i was doing something wrong for sure
- went from 171 to 175

TinyTL

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 12:51:35 AM »

u know what..
I highly recommend options like Dr. Sarin, Dr. Solomin, Abu Jamal, Dr. Parihar, Dr. Bagirov... cause you deserve it..

Mapk

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 08:33:41 AM »

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had some complications but it’s comforitng to know they’re resolving.
I have a few more questions .. once the consolidation phase is over would I be able to go back to the gym and lift as normal or if not after consolidation at least at some point in the future?

By the gym I mean deadlifts, weighed squats etc? Should the healed bone have normal function and not be limiting ? Can you run normally or near to normal?

Bosnian2018

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 03:02:22 PM »

parihar internal femur.

Mapk

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 03:58:24 PM »

I’ve heard a lot about Dr Pariha my only reservation is firstly going to India and the fact that the price is exclusive of a lot of things which Dr Giotikas offers?

AR

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 09:08:17 PM »

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had some complications but it’s comforitng to know they’re resolving.
I have a few more questions .. once the consolidation phase is over would I be able to go back to the gym and lift as normal or if not after consolidation at least at some point in the future?

By the gym I mean deadlifts, weighed squats etc? Should the healed bone have normal function and not be limiting ? Can you run normally or near to normal?

at some points you will restore most of your abilites and it depends on some factors like how many cms you have gained. the problem is not in the healed bones, the healed bones will be normal or even stronger. the problem is always with your soft tissues. muscles - nerves - tendons . . .etc which will limits your ability and increase your recovery time.
- went from 171 to 175
Pages: [1]   Go Up