Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Really short forearms. Any idea on what to do?  (Read 1801 times)

MewtwoStrikesBack

• Visitor
Really short forearms. Any idea on what to do?
« on: November 08, 2018, 11:36:07 PM »

I am 5'8.5" but my wingspan is only 5'9.5". I am considering lengthening up to 5'11" or 5'11.5" but I think it will look weird because of my short arms and small hands. I don't want to end up looking like a short guy on stilts.

Any surgeon that offers cosmetic forearm lengthening? Also how weird does it look if you lengthen your humerus but leave your forearm alone.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/45726692_1979867762091639_3916736859413151744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=128f4534d1aa5c825b0dbc4bce7d4106&oe=5C7FB22D

ShortArm

Re: Really short forearms. Any idea on what to do?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 05:40:49 PM »

I have been in contact about arm lenghtening. My knowledge is that forearm you should not lenghten if you do not have deformed bones. Even humerus leghtening is a risk, but with forearm lenghtening its really big risk. In russia i heard they would do it, but it is not wise.

Sorry for the bad news. :(

jakejake98

Re: Really short forearms. Any idea on what to do?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 04:36:07 PM »

Your forearm isn't that short to be fair. I'd say there's probably a lot of 6' out guys there that have the same forearm length as you but no one really notices unless you meet someone from this forum, and even then, they probably wouldn't notice  :D.

Plus, if you do lengthen, being 5'11.5 with a wingspan of 5'9.5 isn't unnatural. It's literally only 2 inches, it's not noticeable and a lot of people have shorter wingspans than height but the average person doesn't check their wingspan.

For e.g. Artem Lobov, a person that should care about his wingspan because of his career (professional MMA fighter) has a wingspan of 5'5 and a height of 5'9 and yes, he didn't do LL...)

https://i.imgur.com/4vhPy3n.jpg

Bare in mind, Conor Mcgregor is the same height as Artem, but with a long ass wingspan of 6'2.5.
Literally, Conor's wingspan is 9 inches longer and the difference isn't even that obvious, considering it's 9 inches. Obviously, you have to take into account that the arm is not 9 inches longer but you get what I mean, a wingspan of 5'5 on a 5'9 guy doesn't look too disproportional compared to a guy with a long ape index mirrored to his height.

Plus if Artem had humerus lengthening, he wouldn't look too bad imo.

Also; if you think about it, let's say you're standing next to a guy with a 1:1 ape index (same wingspan as height - common, even though higher wingspans are common too) at the height of 5'11.5 , your arm lengths would look similar considering Artem Lobov is not even looking that bad having 9 inches off Mcgregor's wingspan, when Artem has a very negative ape:index.
Pages: [1]   Go Up