Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats the better look for men? short or long head?  (Read 10700 times)

Wannabegiant

Whats the better look for men? short or long head?
« on: September 21, 2014, 07:52:28 AM »

So when discussing proportions, head size is a quite common subject.

Ive come to learn that head width and head circumference does not vary a lot between human adults, only small differences. (exceptions for those with genetic defects or disorders like acromegaly) I suspect the reason is because our brain sizes are pretty similar in size among humans.

However head length seems to vary quite a bit between humans, due to the jaw and midsection of the face.

So what do you think is preferable for a man to have, a long head or a short one, or average? 

Some points to consider:

* If 2 guys with the same height, have different head lengths, then the guy with the shorter head is likely to have his eye level above the guy with a longer head. Having a higher eye level is a definite advantage.

* A longer head might look masculine in some cases, but since head width does not differ much, a long head might make the face look long and thin which doesnt look masculine (look at liv tylers face), so it seems for a long head to look masculine you would need to have a wide jaw to complement it.

* 2 guys with the same build and same height, but different head lengths, the guy with the longer head will have a body that looks smaller due to his head size (and it might be smaller if the extra height is coming from the torso from the short head guy, if it comes from the legs their upper bodys might be technically the same size but the short head guys body will still look bigger in relation to the face.

* A guy with a longer head will probably in theory be able to put on more mass and still look proportional, while the short head guy might look disproportional with the same muscle mass due to the head being smaller in relation to the body. In practice though i dont think this matters much in most cases, since there is a genetic limit for every individual as to how much mass you can add on naturally (without steroids). So in most cases you wouldnt be able to put on enough mass to make the head look small in relation.

There is also this article which mentions that a short midsection of the face is a sign of masculinity and considered more attractive in males, however its important to note that a person can have a short midface while still having a long head, although it might end up looking funny with the big forhead that would come with that combination, although a long chin might look even bigger if complemented with a short midface.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1560307/Male-sex-appeal-lies-in-face-shape.html

I have a medium sized head/face, (57 cm circumference) 22 cm long (from bottom of chin to top of head), and i think if my head was bigger and i was the same height as now i would probably end up looking less masculine.

What do you guys think, long or short face/head? Feel free to add more points if you think of something i missed

Shor7Guy

Re: Whats the better look for men? short or long head?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 03:55:42 PM »

What u want is a compact midface and long lower third and short forehead for most masculinity, it is controlled by Prenatal Testosterone. Obviously wider cheekbones and jaws also adds masculinity.

Taller

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 04:37:29 PM »

I think that most tall people also have tall heads and long necks.

Cannibal

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 04:38:43 PM »

I actually think round heads are much more feminine. A Jay Leno jaw isn't great either but a longer face with a square chin looks good.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 04:48:15 PM »

I actually think round heads are much more feminine. A Jay Leno jaw isn't great either but a longer face with a square chin looks good.

Round is feminine, but just because a face/head is short does not mean it is round, depending on the jaw, cheekbones and chin, it can look square or angular or rectangular. Those kinds of faces look more masculine imo compared to a long face/head, even if it is long and rectangular.

The post by shor7guy seems logical to me, and assuming 1.0 is the value you want to get close to, then it agrees with most of the stuff i mentioned and the article i posted.

Short midface is masculine, a big jaw/chin (a bigger chin will make the face look longer). So basically the lower face being long is good, but the upper part of the face, ie above the eyebrows, the longer that part is the less attractive/masculine you look.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 04:50:15 PM »

I think that most tall people also have tall heads and long necks.

Seems to be true in general, although ive seen many black basketball players with very short heads, and those guys are all like around 2 meters tall. Kobe Bryant is a good example, his head/face as a whole looks small.

Shor7Guy

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 05:59:11 PM »

note on my post the eyes are getting smaller this is because the heads are getting bigger from left to right

Taller

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 06:14:07 PM »

Just out of curiosity. What is the point of discussing this? You're stuck with the head you have and you can't change it, and it will not significantly affect your proportions one way or the other. I wouldn't say head size has nearly the same effect on determining how much you should lengthen as sitting height or wingspan. A close friend of mine is 190 or 189 CM and has a smaller head than me at almost 180CM.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 06:55:44 PM »

Just out of curiosity. What is the point of discussing this? You're stuck with the head you have and you can't change it, and it will not significantly affect your proportions one way or the other. I wouldn't say head size has nearly the same effect on determining how much you should lengthen as sitting height or wingspan. A close friend of mine is 190 or 189 CM and has a smaller head than me at almost 180CM.

Yeah I just thought it was interesting, which is why i initially posted this thread in the off-topic section, although understandably it was moved to the height and proportion section.

I noticed some people where worried that their head might look small compared to naturally taller people who might have longer heads, so after i thought about it for a while and looked into it i realized that there are advantages to having a shorter head like the ones i mentioned.

GeTs

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 07:06:02 PM »

It doesn't matter it depends on the face

Bruno Mars

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 11:39:25 PM »

What kind of a stupid topic is this? Who cares if your head is too small or if your neck is too shor!!??

Wannabegiant

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 05:16:34 AM »

What kind of a stupid topic is this? Who cares if your head is too small or if your neck is too shor!!??

lol if you think it is stupid why even comment?

anyway as mentioned, taller people tend to have "bigger" heads which in reality mostly means they have longer heads. Now if a much shorter person wants to lengthen a whole lot it might be interesting to talk about how it would look. But since there are really tall people with short heads as well i was wondering which look people here think is better/more proportional, but i guess it depends on what kind of face you have.

Uppland

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 06:08:30 PM »

In general a broad face is attractive and masculine not too short though or it will appear gorilla like. An attractive face can come in many shapes and sizes however. Just use a mirror if you think you look good you most likely do and it's unlikely that a broader or longer face will change that.

If you feel like your head is too little for your height, even though you only lenghtened 4 cm so that's hardly the case, it's easy to remedy that with some nice facial hair or a longer thicker haircut, correspondingly if you've a head too big cut your hair shorter and build you upper body especially shoulders. I'm sure you look fine I've never seen a man with a head too large or too small.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 06:37:07 PM »

In general a broad face is attractive and masculine not too short though or it will appear gorilla like. An attractive face can come in many shapes and sizes however. Just use a mirror if you think you look good you most likely do and it's unlikely that a broader or longer face will change that.

If you feel like your head is too little for your height, even though you only lenghtened 4 cm so that's hardly the case, it's easy to remedy that with some nice facial hair or a longer thicker haircut, correspondingly if you've a head too big cut your hair shorter and build you upper body especially shoulders. I'm sure you look fine I've never seen a man with a head too large or too small.

thanks i appreciate the concern  :) although i wasnt specifically talking about my own case here, just an interesting subject imo, I think my head is the appropriate size for my length :p
Pages: [1]   Go Up