Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The best advice I can give someone who thinks they'll look weird after LL...  (Read 15977 times)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

... is to look at this picture.  What a freak, right?  Everyone thinks there's something wrong with his legs, right?  ::)

Adriano

Very clever MDW !!  :D

Sweden

There is nothing wrong with his proportions.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

LLL

There is nothing wrong with his proportions.

Correct. And the picture is taken while he's walking as well, so his torso/upper body is a bit bent down, he's not standing straight, which makes his legs look a little bit longer in proportion to his upper body. Not to mention the picture is not taken directly at him, but a little from below. That makes anyone's legs look longer because of the perspective. Obama doesn't have longer legs than the average African American male. He's proportionate like most people are, regardless of their height.

I don't get the point of this post... Obama hasn't had LL, but if he had, it could definitely be noticeable on his proportions. Especially if he had shorter arms.

Unless you're among the minority of non-proportionate people in the population, lengthening your legs WILL make you more or less disproportioned afterwards at least if you go beyond 5 cm. Your wingspan might mitigate how it looks and how much you can get away with, in my opinion.

http://media.salon.com/2012/10/TPP2-e1349980588177-1280x960.jpg

Adriano

I thought the post was just a joke!
if u weren't kidding then u r a very interesting character :D
Obama is fine lol

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

You don't think Obama has long legs? :o

Pictures of him in a suit where his jacket is hiding half his thighs aren't a good example.

Anyway, my first example was going to be CM Punk but I decided on Obama instead since he's more well-known.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20jx7_val-venis-vs-cm-punk_sport

Look how much higher CM Punk's knees are compared to his opponents'.  These are from 2005/2006 and he's had a very successful career as one of the main stars of WWE in the years since.  He's been wearing wedge boots to make him look taller the whole time, and none of the fans think his legs look weird.

Here's a couple more Obama pics too.  Take special notice of the difference in waist height between him and the 6'3" Albert Pujols.

LLL

I don't know. Maybe it's just our different subjective look on it, I'm not arguing just to argue, it's just my opinion. I'm not saying you or any other post-LL patients will have a reason to worry about their proportion, that's all individual and can vary based on body types and all sorts of stuff. And I certainly don't think Obama has short legs, but I don't think they're unnaturally long in relation to his upper body either for an african guy. About those two latest pictures, in the one he's clearly a little up on his toes because he is being hugged. He also seems to be wearing some sneakers probably giving him more height than normal dress shoes or flats. Also, in both pictures, that kind of jacket hugging around the waist makes everyone's legs look longer because of the contrast between the jacket and the pants. I have a similar jacket and it always makes me think my torso looks shorter than it is, making my legs look long. Same effect if you tuck in your shirt in certain pants. If you look at where his butt ends and imagine him sitting down revealing his sitting height, I don't think his legs are unusually long at all. I think if we measured his sitting height to standing height ratio it'd come out pretty average. Again, for a guy his ethnicity. Studies on that ratio show caucasians and asians having shorter legs on average. So maybe that means they can get away with closing in on the ratio of africans.

About CM Punk, his legs look long(er) with those boots, agreed. But wrestling is an image based performance sport. The audience will accept quite a few out of the ordinary things about the fighters' appearance. I've never seen the guy before but I immediately thought of it more as a gimmick. I think his fans thinks his higher up knees are because of those boots, and it's also emphasizing the part of the legs below his knee because they're black and creates a contrast. I guess like me the fans "accept" seeing his long legs because he's wearing those boots. I don't know if anyone would think it looked normal if he was like that barefoot. Either way, look at this picture, I don't see his legs as very long at all there. He looks normal and proportionate. Yeah, he's wearing a huge belt, but it's easy to imagine where his torso begins.

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33100000/The-Many-Loves-Of-A-J-Lee-AJ-CM-Punk-Daniel-Bryan-aj-lee-33167539-1284-722.jpg

Almost ALL post-lengtheners I've seen pictures of (check that image thread posted a while ago) have been visibly disproportionate. Now there's always the question if anyone not aware of LL will notice, and much can be hidden by clothing. But of course there's nothing wrong about Obama's long-ish legs. He's a black guy with normal proportions and he hasn't done leg lengthening.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

The take-home messages from this thread:

1. Everybody's bodily ratios vary naturally (or unnaturally due to shoes).
2. Only proportions-obsessed LL message board posters will notice anything unusual about your post-LL legs.

Moubgf

More than anything it is how wide your shoulders are and after that comes wingspan.

Al1star over3m is 6'4-6'5, And look at him without them shoulders and arms.

http://peleade.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Alistair-Overeem-3-belts.jpg

You can imagine him being 5'8 and two 6'2 guys on either side of him.

So Shoulder width>wingspan>torso.

Sweden

Father and son.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

ewt

maybe obama just like to wear high trousers like simon cowell

Taller

This is a tad strange to ask, but would anyone happen to know what Mr. Obama's pant inseam is?

ewt

Nah, he just wear his pants bit higher, just like simon cowell, his hand and torso vs leg ratio looks proportioned

thetallerman

Also my advice is get yourself some lifts, measure yourself, look in the mirror and ask yourself "Do I look okay or even GOOD with the boost?" The answer for me has always been a resounding yes! I've created my own ridiculously crazy lifts inside boots to get myself to about 5'10.5 and I look great vs my normal 5'7. I look actually natural at this height (maybe it has to do with my 5'10.75 wingspan, I'm not sure), but when I take off the shoes I look like my legs were sawed short or as if they never grew their full length... It's weird but I feel I look more normal and better with the extra height than without. Do the test yourself, adding 5 - 6 cms or maybe even more should not create crazy looking proportion issues for you. But judge it yourself; whenever you hit a point where it looks weird, set that as your stopping point.
Current Height: 5'7 (~170cm)
Desired Height: 5'9.5 or 5'10
Wingspan: 179.7cm / 5'10.75

Average US Male Height: 176.5 / 5'9.5 (CDC report)

Moubgf

Easy for you too say. You got a chimpanse wingspan no   you are happy.

Want my 167 Wingspan and short torso? Thx god for giving me absolutely nothing to go on....

Daylight

Also my advice is get yourself some lifts, measure yourself, look in the mirror and ask yourself "Do I look okay or even GOOD with the boost?" The answer for me has always been a resounding yes! I've created my own ridiculously crazy lifts inside boots to get myself to about 5'10.5 and I look great vs my normal 5'7. I look actually natural at this height (maybe it has to do with my 5'10.75 wingspan, I'm not sure), but when I take off the shoes I look like my legs were sawed short or as if they never grew their full length... It's weird but I feel I look more normal and better with the extra height than without. Do the test yourself, adding 5 - 6 cms or maybe even more should not create crazy looking proportion issues for you. But judge it yourself; whenever you hit a point where it looks weird, set that as your stopping point.
your goal looks very realistic to me, go for it man!

thetallerman

Hey man I'm sorry to hear that :/ though there are a lot of people that have lengthened a bit over there wingspan and still looked fine, have you done any mockups? And there is arm lengthening too...

thetallerman

your goal looks very realistic to me, go for it man!
Hey thank you!! :) I've saved about $40k so far but I'm in the US, and the doctors here are sooooo expensive, so don't know whether I should save more of go with a foreign doctor and lengthen at home, hmmm....

mediocre

For overseas, depends on what type of LL you're planning.

Hey thank you!! :) I've saved about $40k so far but I'm in the US, and the doctors here are sooooo expensive, so don't know whether I should save more of go with a foreign doctor and lengthen at home, hmmm....

paco

• Visitor

If you make 5 cm i think doctor salameh is very good option, because you can hide the device under trousers, and in five months more or less the device is smaller. He removes the bottom part the device. The contra is that you wear the device minimun 8 months. but the  pro it is you don't have problems in your knees. If you are planing 5,5 or 6 cm i think is better LON because the gap is bigger and the cosolidation period is bigger and you can have problems the shrink or fracture whithout internal nail.
I think the best options for LON OR LATN is doctor DOHOON LEE in seul. Ok the best options it would be PALEY,ROTzBRUCH,GUICHET,BETZ DOOHOON LEE. But Paley, Rotzbruch, guichet and betz are too expensive.
This is my opiniĆ³n I am vacillating between dohoon lee and salameh.

zx6rninja

• Visitor

mitkovic u should consider aswell

BilateralDamage

Check out this guy's proportions... 7' 2"!

Pages: [1]   Go Up