Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is increasing 10cm a rational choice?  (Read 1861 times)

7 rings

• Visitor
Is increasing 10cm a rational choice?
« on: December 18, 2018, 05:19:55 AM »

Starting height: 169.5cm-171cm
wingspan:170cm±0.5cm
Original Goal:femur 5cm + tibia 5cm

According to my observation, the increase of 8cm was still coordinated, and the arm was shorter at 8.5cm

After studying for two months in BBS, it seems that people do not recommend height more than 5cm above wingspan

Now I am faced with a choice. To pursue a 10cm height increase will lose money and time as well as the body proportion, but at the same time I will get the best femur to tibia ratio and realize the ideal of 180cm

I'd like to hear your Suggestions

Which is better, the external tibia 5-6cm or the internal femur 5cm+ the external tibia 5cm

For an extension of 10cm other people in my life have found that my hands are shorter than my height and that's very rare and most of the time they just think my legs are long and that's why I'm faced with this choice

(please note that the above comes from Google translation. I'm sorry for the improper expression.)

Thank you for your answers

takura

Re: Is increasing 10cm a rational choice?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 08:04:38 AM »

Its worth it bro!!

DO IT!!

GrowTow

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 03:18:17 PM »

Just do it. I'm doing 10cm cross lengthening too. 5cm femur/5cm tibia.

This whole body proportion seems to be blown out of proportion, mind the pun. Unless you're an athlete and are thinking of being an athlete after surgery. A 10cm increase won't affect you in any way. Only thing that will change is that you can't touch your toes anymore, how often do you do that.

Your arms will still touch your thighs the same place they do now. If your legs do look a lot longer than your torso just wear t-shirts that are a bit longer in length which is normal too. (It doesn't make sense but lengthening your legs will make your arms look longer too, you'll give the illusion that your arms reach all the way down to your thighs)

10cm is nothing. There are women that wear 4 inch heels to work every day and they're fine.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

7 rings

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 03:46:14 PM »

Just do it. I'm doing 10cm cross lengthening too. 5cm femur/5cm tibia.

This whole body proportion seems to be blown out of proportion, mind the pun. Unless you're an athlete and are thinking of being an athlete after surgery. A 10cm increase won't affect you in any way. Only thing that will change is that you can't touch your toes anymore, how often do you do that.

Your arms will still touch your thighs the same place they do now. If your legs do look a lot longer than your torso just wear t-shirts that are a bit longer in length which is normal too. (It doesn't make sense but lengthening your legs will make your arms look longer too, you'll give the illusion that your arms reach all the way down to your thighs)

10cm is nothing. There are women that wear 4 inch heels to work every day and they're fine.

Thank you for your reply

I already know clearly that I want 180~181cm

When I get the schengen visa successfully and start the operation, I will write a diary to share with those who need it

BladeRunner

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 03:50:12 PM »

Thank you for your reply

I already know clearly that I want 180~181cm

When I get the schengen visa successfully and start the operation, I will write a diary to share with those who need it

schengen visa, I suppose you are going for a european LL doctor? which and when?

7 rings

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 04:33:01 PM »

schengen visa, I suppose you are going for a european LL doctor? which and when?

I prefer the Athenian doctor Giotikas

The time is uncertain

Maybe this summer or maybe next spring

6'2_dream

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 02:45:18 PM »

friend if you can do the surgery, do this, logically the wingspan interferes a bit on the final look, but I think it's not that much, I think if you're happy it does not matter
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

7 rings

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 03:31:14 PM »

friend if you can do the surgery, do this, logically the wingspan interferes a bit on the final look, but I think it's not that much, I think if you're happy it does not matter
Yellow men usually have the same wingspan as their height

The disproportion starts at 6cm (of course our eyes are trained)

The increase of 5-6cm is visually coordinated

But I want to have a healthy femur to tibia ratio that requires surgery on both the upper and lower legs

Because I don't want to increase my risk of arthritis

It was frustrating that after learning in BBS and watching some real pictures, my insight became very good, and I could even see the arm length difference caused by the difference of 5cm height

Maybe no one could see that I had the 10cm surgery

But for me the knot in my heart caused by the length of my arm will probably always be there

6'2_dream

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 02:29:43 PM »

this short-arm perseverance only occurs when the person has their arms naturally short,
when your arms when relaxed are above the waist, in case of leg stretching the arms are already at hip height or lower still so it is not the same relation, so I always speak here the important thing is you to have your arms at the waist or lower, what you will count is this proportion of the arms in relation to the change
comparing a person with 188cm of height and 188cm of wingspan, and a person who did LL and now has 188cm of height and 183cm of wingspan the difference of arms of the two people are only 2.5cm
example images:

https://imgur.com/a/5rNp24X
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

7 rings

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 06:07:50 PM »

this short-arm perseverance only occurs when the person has their arms naturally short,
when your arms when relaxed are above the waist, in case of leg stretching the arms are already at hip height or lower still so it is not the same relation, so I always speak here the important thing is you to have your arms at the waist or lower, what you will count is this proportion of the arms in relation to the change
comparing a person with 188cm of height and 188cm of wingspan, and a person who did LL and now has 188cm of height and 183cm of wingspan the difference of arms of the two people are only 2.5cm
example images:

https://imgur.com/a/5rNp24X
When I put my arms on either side of my thighs the proportions are in harmony

I will first use TSF for tibia surgery

Then consider whether to perform femoral surgery

Maybe give up because of the pain? ^_^

Mzacr

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 12:12:49 AM »

What's your sitting height?

7 rings

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 03:48:12 PM »

What's your sitting height?

≈93~95cm

It is not easy to measure alone

I only know a rough figure

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 10:26:15 AM »

I don't care about proportion. I prefere be tall without proportional than be short proportional.

My goal is 8cm in femurs and 7cm in tibia, but I could change for less if problems arise.
Go for it
Pages: [1]   Go Up