Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 123715 times)

doomsday

If I was you I would push it to the full 8cm. A lot of people regretted not going further once recovered. If you feel like your body can handle it, go for it. Especially with short initial height.

OGfivesevener

Thanks for taking us along the journey IFS. I'm reading yours and others' Stryde diaries for experiences before making a final decision. Best wishes onwards

InFullStryde

If I was you I would push it to the full 8cm. A lot of people regretted not going further once recovered. If you feel like your body can handle it, go for it. Especially with short initial height.

Thank you for the encouragement, man.  I'm of the feeling that 7.5cm is the max my body would take at this stage.  That is right up at 3 inches so I feel content.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

InFullStryde

Thanks for taking us along the journey IFS. I'm reading yours and others' Stryde diaries for experiences before making a final decision. Best wishes onward

My pleasure.   I'll be writing about my phase 2 recovery next. I'm looking forward to my body adapting and walking on these new legs soon.
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

InFullStryde

(Friday) Day 91 Post Op - Finishing Strong....[7.4 cm or 2.91 inches Taller!]

Greeting LL'ers,

To the point today.....  One more day and I'm ending distraction phase forever and will be selling my ERC machine on the streets of LA as a giant magnet toy for kids. Safe for 7 and under.  More updates coming tomorrow once I finalize.

All the Best

-IFS

InFullStryde

(Friday) Day 91 Post Op - Finishing Strong....[7.4 cm or 2.91 inches Taller!]

Greeting LL'ers,

To the point today.....  One more day and I'm ending distraction phase forever and will be selling my ERC machine on the streets of LA as a giant magnet toy for kids.  More updates coming tomorrow once I finalize.

All the Best

-IFS

FutureManuteBol

Great! I look forward to hearing from you! I know you just finished lengthening, but I wanted to ask. Forget about proportions, forget about whether you can obtain previous athleticism, I JUST want to know, does the fact that you are about 3 inches taller in your eye level provide any psychological boost? I'm starting to think that humans tend to notice body proportions less than where the eyes line up in relation to each other. Just having a positive feeling from raising your eye level permanently might be a pro if most everything else fails. 2.5 inches may not sound like a lot, but it greatly affects the angle you look at other people. It will not matter with men 6+ for me, but It will put my eye level more in line with regular short men if I raised it 2.5 inches.

InFullStryde

Great! I look forward to hearing from you! I know you just finished lengthening, but I wanted to ask. Forget about proportions, forget about whether you can obtain previous athleticism, I JUST want to know, does the fact that you are about 3 inches taller in your eye level provide any psychological boost? I'm starting to think that humans tend to notice body proportions less than where the eyes line up in relation to each other. Just having a positive feeling from raising your eye level permanently might be a pro if most everything else fails. 2.5 inches may not sound like a lot, but it greatly affects the angle you look at other people. It will not matter with men 6+ for me, but It will put my eye level more in line with regular short men if I raised it 2.5 inches.

Absolutely! Honestly, its the eye level more than anything.  The 3 inches is a huge difference compared to the past.   2.5" is also huge. 

tiggy

Once I am completed with Phase I; I plan on writing up a detailed description with all types of things to consider. I'll keep you posted on this!

Thank you again for following my diary. I sure hope it helps.

Hey IFS,

It helps a ton my friend! I hope to have a chance to read it before my procedure in 5 weeks, as I am certain it will have a lot of great information. I am already going over the last 16 pages of your diary to try and take away information I think will be helpful. Thank you for your kindness in sharing your journey, I don't think I could be as dedicated as you in sharing my story of LL, if I ever did.
Generous and kind people like you are rare and you should be proud of the person you are. I truly mean that man. Thank you for this diary.

InFullStryde

Ladies and Gentleman, I did it.  3 Inches has been achieved.   I now look forward to the next phase of healing and recovery.   

Thank you again for all your support and encouragement through what has been an extremely challenging and testing 3 months of my life.   I look forward to keeping you all informed regularly on my recovery.   I will plan to post a walking video after a few weeks when my tightness has subsided. I am looking forward to experiencing how the body very quickly begins to adjust to the new bone length and also how the body almost immediately provides relief to much of the physical struggles that one goes through while lengthening. I will share each step with the community.

Thank you again and feel free to reach out with questions or feedback.

A quote I live by:  "Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"

All the Best,

IFS

Jubartt169

This sounds great !! you did it ! 7.5cm/3in is a big deal

Good recovery InFullStryde, you deserve it

wannagrowtaller

Congratulations to your achievement! Now things will start to get better.
Go for it

InFullStryde

Ladies and Gentleman, I did it.  3 Inches has been achieved.   I now look forward to the next phase of healing and recovery.   

Thank you again for all your support and encouragement through what has been an extremely challenging and testing 3 months of my life.   I look forward to keeping you all informed regularly on my recovery.   I will plan to post a walking video after a few weeks when my tightness has subsided. I am looking forward to experiencing how the body very quickly begins to adjust to the new bone length and also how the body almost immediately provides relief to much of the physical struggles that one goes through while lengthening. I will share each step with the community.

A quote I live by:  "Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"

All the Best,

IFS
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 04:24:26 AM by InFullStryde »

tiggy

CONGRATULATIONS! Its safe to say the worst is over, now comes readjustment back into normal life!

Ghostfish

Wow!! Congrats to you on a great achievement!!  This is really awesome!!  The hardest part is over!!
Wish you the best recovery!!

wannagrowtaller

Will you do BMAC (Bone marrow aspirate concentrate)?
Go for it

RB

Congrats man! 7.5cm is a huge deal and you did it relatively complication free! Enjoy the new height and I believe we are around the same height now, you may even be slightly taller! Your diary and responses have been a huge help to someone like myself who is planning the surgery later this year. I hope to help and reach the community like you have.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

YellowSpike

So happy for you IFS, congrats!! I wanted to stop at 6.5cm, but I too pushed myself to between 7.2-7.5cm (the Gnail isn’t exact, but I got somewhere in there). So glad I did, and you did too. 2.75-3 inches is a huge visual gain.

Purushrottam

Congratulations IFS!
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

Bosnian2018

Congrats IFS.

Can you post Xrays and can you explain how they are measured by Dr. M?

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 93 Post Op - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]  Day 1 Consolidation/Recovery Phase

Good evening LL'ers,

Once again, thank you so much for your support and encouragement.   Honestly, don't believe I would have been as motivated within the initial 3 month distraction process if I did not have a place like this to go to, and write, and relate.   Things are changing in side me that are pretty deep for which do not have a direct relationship with height lengthening and I plan to go into more depth in future posts.  Which leads me to my next thought.  Below, I have created a list of my plans going forward for this LL venture as well as a way to assist others in their LL venture. Please review and share your thoughts:

1) I'm going to continue to post as daily as possible on my progress and experience with phase 2 consolidation and recovery
2) I'm going to create a Limb Lengthening Preparedness kit with all kinds of cohesive information and details based on my experience that will better prepare LL'ers for at least phase 1 of the journey.  Phase 2 is yet to be learned by I; but I will soon be able to finalize the preparedness kit; once I conquer that phase.
3) I plan on creating a website that is modernized and dedicated to helping those with Height Dysphoria.  This will NOT be a website that talks about how unlucky we are; but rather a website that will help bring awareness to the issue as well as directly help those in need, find a comprehensive path and resolution to a solution that works for them.

This list above may grow; but those are my objectives for now. I will update soon.

Now, onto day 1 of my consolidation.   I'm 100% CURED and can WALK PERFECTLY! ..... JUST KIDDING! lol.   I'm tighter than tight; but already I can feel some improvement...yes in just 1 day.  Less soft tissue aches and just a feeling that things are generally looser.  It's only been one day; I'll keep you posted on how the real progress goes, as weeks begin to arrive before us.   As mentioned before; I plan on posting a walking video at about 3 weeks from today.  I want to give my body a chance to cleanse it self of this cosmetic tightness that it currently is feeling.  Within 3 weeks, the muscles will begin to adjust to the stretching and things will be much looser.  I'll post that video for the community to review and hopefully it will give you some idea of what to expect.   Lastly, my next X-Rays will also come in 3 weeks. I will post those and we should see some healing of my broken bones at that point.

Thank you again community and I can't wait to keep reporting to you all.

All the best,

IFS

Hex

• @gustavotrrs instagram

All the Best,

IFS

Congratulations!

After this i think you're going to get addicted to heightism and want to do another surgery to get to 5'7 barefoot.
I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
my instagram @gustavotrrs

wannagrowtaller

I'm so happy everything is going fine for you.
Go for it

Ghostfish

Congratulations!

After this i think you're going to get addicted to heightism and want to do another surgery to get to 5'7 barefoot.
Well, you can't say this to him.  His starting height was quite short, unfortunately, and he can definitely consider to do another surgery.  If he thinks that way, that is completely normal.  However, it is completely up to him whether he will do another surgery or not.  In any case, I am happy for him and will support him with my heart. 
I think you are more addicted to height.  You are already 6'-6'1" and still want to be taller because you want to be a beast and overtowering everyone.  Well, if that is what you want, that is fine.  But you can't say that somebody who is shorter than you is addicted to height or CLL.   

SimonFuller

All the Best,

IFS

CONGRATS!!

YellowSpike

Congratulations!

IFS makes more money than almost anyone on this forum and (I believe) has a very attractive wife/girlfriend. So clearly him being 5'1" (before LL) NEVER stopped him from doing anything. I feel like he's one of the few (and fewer and fewer...) truly normal and well-adjusted people on this forum.

IwannaBeTaller

Congrats, IFS.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

BeYourBest

Congratulations IFS! A great achievement indeed

InFullStryde

I really appreciate the support guys.  I've been so blessed to have lead the life that I have had so far.  Also, I'm aware of the reality at which many great candidates for CLL simply cannot afford or have the time flexibility to undergo such a life changing procedure.  I'm fortunate to have been able to under go CLL from the comfort of my home; while still running my company and living only 45 minutes from my surgeons office.   My girlfriend is absolutely gorgeous and her support for me through this process has been nothing less than breathtaking. One thing is for sure; if you figure out a way to add value to the life of others and have the opportunity to call it a career and business; you'll make a great living financially, irregardless of the height attribute.

Another great quote I loved to life by: "Height does not make the man, The Man makes the Height"

I'm going to keep updating you guys on recovery. Talk soon.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 08:08:57 PM by InFullStryde »

YellowSpike

Another great quote I loved to life by: "Height does not make the man, The Man makes the Height"

Ironically, it wasn't until AFTER I did LL that I actually started to really believe this. My parents used to always say this to me, I never believed them. Life is definitely harder as a short man, but any man of high caliber (which I believe you most definitely are) can overcome it.

Congrats again my friend.

myloginacc

Congrats, IFS! Here's to a fast recovery!
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32   Go Up