Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: tibia lengthening with Dr. sarin January 2019  (Read 6044 times)

4cms

Re: tibia lengthening with Dr. sarin January 2019
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2019, 10:01:38 AM »

hey, guys looking for your suggestion.

I was 163 cm -pre-operation with tibia 36cm and femur 47cm. my wingspan 169cm.

I'm almost 4.5 to 5cm now, what is the good gain to stop according to my femur-tibia ratio?

thanks

You know my opinion, I wouldnt go past 6cms.
Just go to 6.5cms and dont wear lifts during your recovery because it will affect your calf muscle recovery.
So 6.5 max!

InFullStryde

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2019, 01:58:52 PM »

You know my opinion, I wouldnt go past 6cms.
Just go to 6.5cms and dont wear lifts during your recovery because it will affect your calf muscle recovery.
So 6.5 max!

6.5 is a great max! Its fairly safe and still a GREAT GAIN!"
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

tallmf

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 04:23:42 PM »

thanks mate

montahn

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2019, 02:56:26 PM »

any update your lengthening. how muchu gain ?? 
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

tallmf

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2019, 12:37:11 PM »

should be around 5cm , next xray -coming Friday

Astronomy

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2019, 02:09:31 PM »

Wish you a carefree progress! :)

zlRadamanthys

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2019, 11:11:31 PM »

Why are you going to only 5 cm, was there any problem?
Morning height: 170-171 cm
Night height: 169cm - 168cm
Inseam: 80 cm
Winspan: 178 cm
My objetive is: 6,5 or 7 cm

tallmf

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2019, 11:29:26 AM »

I'm okay. if I do 6cm lengthening in tibia, what is the standing height I will get? Does standing height also increase by 6cm or less?

Astronomy

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2019, 03:24:15 PM »

I'm okay. if I do 6cm lengthening in tibia, what is the standing height I will get? Does standing height also increase by 6cm or less?
I think number wont deceive you.So 6cm increase is real 6cm increase.

GrowTow

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2019, 12:21:41 PM »

after so many butchered cases, even current patients warning. you ask questions like
"Honestly i'm not sure why he's so angry at Dr Sarin, I think he's just worried even though the two problems he has are very small."
I hope you go to Sarin. End up with horrible injury for life. people like u should not breed. Human kind is better off.

;D ;D

He literally achieved his 6cm and is fine. If you didn't know; ankle stiffness and tendon pain is nothing. It is expected. How can you compare this pain to being butchered. I could go for a jog right now and come back home with worse problems than stiffness and tendon pain.

It's only been 5 weeks post lengthening. It's a given that you'll have pain for 2-3 months at least. I asked for LL veterans to give him encouragement not for you to come here with your bs.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

4cms

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2019, 02:17:35 PM »

after so many butchered cases, even current patients warning. you ask questions like
"Honestly i'm not sure why he's so angry at Dr Sarin, I think he's just worried even though the two problems he has are very small."
I hope you go to Sarin. End up with horrible injury for life. people like u should not breed. Human kind is better off.

Some pain and stiffness is normal 5 weeks after finishing lengthening.
Overrideyourgenerics diary paley's patient he was complaining of knee pain 1 year after his surgery.
Did you jump on his diary and make negative comments on his diary? If not off you go to do one

TallPersonality

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2019, 06:09:14 PM »

About what cases are you talking about?

tallmf

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2019, 05:00:27 AM »

Hey, guys, I have run got into some trouble.

I have very very delayed union (almost none union). I'm thinking of undoing/reversing the surgery

I removed my frame on the 23rd of March. It is almost 3 months, still, my callus is not forming. Please see the attached link.
https://imgur.com/undefined

my left leg, there is a bone bridge however it was there even before the removal of the frame.

does anyone here or does anybody know anyone who did the reversal? what are the risk and complications?

What about bone grafting to stimulate growth, is it worth it? I do not want to be bedridden long time. also, my family do not know about this surgery, so I have to be in my country by the end of this year.

I have made my mind. all I want is get up and walk, I wouldn't worry about the money, efforts spent during the last 6 months. So I would rather undo the surgery completely, please drop your advice.

tallmf

tallmf

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2020, 06:36:45 AM »

I just keep walking one-two hours a day unaided but slowly. however, my progress has been stopped in the past couple of weeks due to bone pain in the right leg.

It's been exactly one year and a week still, I have foot pain in the right foot along with wobbly weak and painful right ankle. It feels like a prosthetic foot. all because of ,I had a huge ballerina. I really wish I did fully external, I should have gone with my first choice kurgan, being in the frame for 8-10 months, is not difficult honestly, living with complication really is.

not much bone growth from bone grafting in the past two months, I could not be bothered updating, if I see any significant bone growth I will update the xray.

Dr sarin said it may take another couple of months for consolidation, bone graft itself can take up to three months for healing. other than that no any particular treatment options were given to me at this stage.

I have also had a consultation with another Limb lengthening surgeon, he also asked me to keep on walking for a few more months, if not there is a new treatment called " Ossron" for bone defects along with stem cell therapy. however, undoing/reversing no longer an option.

moderator1

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2020, 09:13:25 AM »

dude, what you have is Disuse osteoporosis where your bones lost its density.in other words, bone loss that results from not enough stress or pressure on the bones, the reason being you were not walking or standing during your time in the frame.
you will not be able to reverse it after a certain point. congrats for becoming cripple officially with the help of doctor Sarin. your surgeon is not delicate enough to make a weight baring Ilizarov frame with lots of pins and wires, (as we all know he failed in making a proper Ilizarov frame as well initially in his career, there were loads of patients with complications and infections in the old forum) It requires a certain level of expertise. so he is using an easy method ( madness) to make easy money from the ignorant and desperate patients. at least he should have monitored your lengthening and your condition of the foot, he could have easily prevented all your complications. you were under his care, again and again sarin failed. if you are lucky enough you will be okay (eg. Tall personality) or you will have permanent complications or years to recover or a few more surgeries to be normal.

on top of that, you have left with permanent complications in your leg and foot. there you go. I see a good lawsuit case, you gonna be a disable millionaire dude :)

nomad13

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2020, 10:19:01 AM »

dude, what you have is Disuse osteoporosis where your bones lost its density.in other words, bone loss that results from not enough stress or pressure on the bones, the reason being you were not walking or standing during your time in the frame.
you will not be able to reverse it after a certain point. congrats for becoming cripple officially with the help of doctor Sarin. your surgeon is not delicate enough to make a weight baring Ilizarov frame with lots of pins and wires, (as we all know he failed in making a proper Ilizarov frame as well initially in his career, there were loads of patients with complications and infections in the old forum) It requires a certain level of expertise. so he is using an easy method ( madness) to make easy money from the ignorant and desperate patients. at least he should have monitored your lengthening and your condition of the foot, he could have easily prevented all your complications. you were under his care, again and again sarin failed. if you are lucky enough you will be okay (eg. Tall personality) or you will have permanent complications or years to recover or a few more surgeries to be normal.

on top of that, you have left with permanent complications in your leg and foot. there you go. I see a good lawsuit case, you gonna be a disable millionaire dude :)

I am not supporting any doctor here, but its not okay to use your sarcasm on someone that's going through some tough journey, you could have let your message pass through even being a bit polite
LON tibias(Oct 2019) in consolidation phase 160cm --> 165cm by Dr. Pradip Sharma http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64481.0
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up