Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to choose a qualified physical therapist  (Read 537 times)

Megatron

How to choose a qualified physical therapist
« on: January 10, 2019, 07:51:40 AM »

I'm considering doing cll on my femurs to gain 3 more inches. I wanted to know how does a person know how to choose the right physical therapist back home if you do the distraction and consolidation therapy back in your home town. Like how would you know which physical therapist to look for and are you supposed to tell the PT that you've undergone cll? Any input would help especially from experience ll'ers.

InFullStryde

Re: How to choose a qualified physical therapist
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 05:56:02 PM »

Ask him this one question:

What does PT stand for?

If he/she says Physical Therapy, eliminate him from contention.   

If he/she says "Pain and Torture", hire this person on the spot.

"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Megatron

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 06:53:56 AM »

Hmm... You sure I'm gonna find a physical therapist then? Lol jk I get what you mean. Look for someone who will be upfront about the process being tough. I'm in Chicago and would like to hit the first time on the therapist rather than switching PT.

InFullStryde

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 07:43:03 PM »

Sure thing.  Are you hoping for home based or are you okay with going to the facility?
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

Megatron

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 04:14:41 AM »

Honestly I'm not gonna do it with Paley cause I don't think I want to be in WPB. I rather do it with a surgeon that'll let me go home and do it and send x Ray's back to them from here. Also Paley is the most expensive. I rather get it done by DR R in NY or Dr M in LA, but I know their recommended pt will be in those cities. I would love to do it in WPB but my parents will wonder why I'm gone for so long lol. At least if I come back home I can tell them I suffered a knee injury and need 5 months off you know.

InFullStryde

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 05:15:17 PM »

I understand.   Yes, the confidentiality part of this always creates a wrinkle to deal with.

To be clear; you are planning on going back home to Chicago after the surgery ?  If that is the case; I might recommend starting out with home based PT. Here is a website I found for Chicago:

https://www.interimhealthcare.com/chicago/our-services/home-healthcare-services/physical-therapy,-ot,-st/   

Once you are able enough and if you so choose; you can choose to visit the facilities they have out there. I know they have quite a few in Chicago.  Honestly, Dr. M feel pretty confident that as long as you have a PT that knows what they are doing that you will be in a good hands.   Have your PT and Doctor reach out to each other to explain the procedure so they understand your surgery.   Most PT's have dealt with similar type of surgery's such as full hip replacements, bi-lateral knee replacements, etc.  They are no stranger to having to recoup a patients leg strength and flexibility in the same fashion as with CLL. 

Dr. M and Dr. R, emails prospective clients back so you can pose this question directly to Dr. M or Dr. R. and expect a response. 

Megatron

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 10:55:08 AM »

Thanks man really appreciate it. Hope you have nothing but success with your surgery. Been following your post too. I'm just trying to reach average height man lol. I'm the shortest dude in my family and among my friends. I know it's all physiological and wearing lifts definitely helps me but when I'm at the beach, altering clothes cause they don't fit, can't wear certain shoes cause they don't feel right with lift, that's when I feel life would be easier with this procedure but I know I'd be okay without it but I know I also would have one less thing to stress about with it as long as there isn't any complications or anything.

InFullStryde

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 11:06:18 PM »

Sure thing. What is your height?

Megatron

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 01:02:18 PM »

5'5 and a half. With my lifts I'm 5'7 or 5'8. Not 100 percent sure but I think it's 5'8 cause there's a guy who says he's 5'8 or 5'9 and I'm his height when I wear my lifts.

InFullStryde

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 05:45:57 PM »

Sounds great, man. Good starting height.

Review my diary and others very closely so that you are all caught up on what to expect. We'll chat more.

Megatron

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 10:26:51 AM »

sounds good man. Yeah thats what I've been doing so far is viewing diaries and researching as much as possible before i decide whether or not i want to do this. The stryde diaries make it seem like it might be worth it from what I've been reading so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up