Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Height reduction?  (Read 595 times)

amazonnomore

• Visitor
Height reduction?
« on: January 13, 2019, 05:30:12 PM »

Hello.

I am a 6'0.5 female and was wondering if there were any surgeries that would shorten legs instead of lengthening them like most people here wish to do. I suppose height is revered in our society so I couldn't find any forums that catered to people like me, which is why I'm posting here.

My dream height would be 5'9, but I would take 5'10 if that were the maximum I could achieve safely and without disfigurement or major complications. I would really appreciate any information I could be given on them, potential experiences etc. I would also appreciate not being told my height is okay or that I'm insane for wanting this, as I've seen sometimes on this forum with people asking similar questions. How would you feel if someone told you the same about wanting to be taller?

Thank you very much :)

tallertree

Re: Height reduction?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 06:12:02 PM »

Yes its possible from what i know. I know one case where a person became like 6cm shorter.

And yes i understand if you feel you are to tall. Im curious though, what is the main motivation for it? for example, im a short male and increasing my height gave me more attention from girls.

myloginacc

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 08:38:15 PM »

There are limb shortening surgeries.

It seems you can reduce your height up to 6cm with femoral operations.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

amazonnomore

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 08:46:44 PM »

Yes its possible from what i know. I know one case where a person became like 6cm shorter.

And yes i understand if you feel you are to tall. Im curious though, what is the main motivation for it? for example, im a short male and increasing my height gave me more attention from girls.
May I ask what doctor they went to and if you knew the cost of the procedure? I’ve only been able to find one detailed experience here of a 5’5 female that lowered herself to 5’4.

I have a partner who I’m happy with, a lot of it it just to make myself feel better. Being in the 6 foot range hurts because it has a masculine connotation, whereas since most people are in the 5 foot range, it’s more androgynous. When someone says a girl is 5’10 they might say “wow, that’s a tall girl!”, but if they said 6’0 that reaction might be even more surprised, even though it’s nly two inches.

If it makes you feel better I think the only reason I don’t date short men is because I’m so self-conscious about my own height. Most girls don’t do it for more petty reasons and it makes me feel for you guys. There are women out there who will appreciate you for who you are, and if you’re willing to go through surgery to maybe get the confidence you need to find that girl, more power to you.

There are limb shortening surgeries.

It seems you can reduce your height up to 6cm with femoral operations.
Do you know which surgeons perform that? Also, I’m not familiar with the types of leg bones and how they’re modified during head types of surgeries. What other types are there besides femoral and why did you specifically mention that one?

Thank you for the replies!

myloginacc

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 09:18:56 PM »

May I ask what doctor they went to and if you knew the cost of the procedure? I’ve only been able to find one detailed experience here of a 5’5 female that lowered herself to 5’4.

I have a partner who I’m happy with, a lot of it it just to make myself feel better. Being in the 6 foot range hurts because it has a masculine connotation, whereas since most people are in the 5 foot range, it’s more androgynous. When someone says a girl is 5’10 they might say “wow, that’s a tall girl!”, but if they said 6’0 that reaction might be even more surprised, even though it’s nly two inches.

If it makes you feel better I think the only reason I don’t date short men is because I’m so self-conscious about my own height. Most girls don’t do it for more petty reasons and it makes me feel for you guys. There are women out there who will appreciate you for who you are, and if you’re willing to go through surgery to maybe get the confidence you need to find that girl, more power to you.
Do you know which surgeons perform that? Also, I’m not familiar with the types of leg bones and how they’re modified during head types of surgeries. What other types are there besides femoral and why did you specifically mention that one?

Thank you for the replies!

I know of a few surgeons who perform it, but I don't feel good enough to vouch for any of them.

I'll send you the information I have on this to you.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).
Pages: [1]   Go Up