Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Betz in court: news article  (Read 3690 times)

cool

Dr. Betz in court: news article
« on: January 27, 2019, 08:41:51 AM »

hanshi mentioned an article in another thread which I searched for and found this

https://www.zeit.de/2018/47/beinverlaengerung-operation-koerpergroesse-arzt-wunderheiler-gericht

Use Google translate if you don't understand German. A patient of Betz  has sued him for not being honest about the procedure and medical mistakes after a nail brekage and subsequent non-union. The article has more details.

And see how "rosy" a picture they paint of this surgery

It's actually an advertisement with "actors"  ;D They make a real patient "act" like he is getting out surgery from bed at 6:31 in the video. At 2:18 they have actors for a "driver" and "prospective patient".  ;D ;D Conducting interviews with patients like Dr. Mahboubian does is fair but this is a whole other level  ;D

Anyway about the court case, Betz might win the case after all. It might have all been the patient's fault, who knows?

But just take any LL "advertisement" with a grain of salt like you would of any TV ad  ;)

8)

Hudson

• Visitor
Re: Dr. Betz in court: news article
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 12:05:33 PM »

I am fluent in German. The patient had a broken nail after 4 weeks of the surgery.
Betz replaced the broken nail and told the patient to keep clicking.
However, the patient refused and sat in a wheelchair.
Betz is blaming the patient because bones heal better when the patient is
obviously using his legs instead of sitting in a wheelchair. 
The patient says that Betz never really told him about the risks and
complications. Betz would rather tell him how great the nail is.
Another Chinese patient was mentioned too. That person had non-union.

cool

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 12:40:11 PM »

Yes, we have to wait for the verdict to know if any medical practices were not followed.

It would be good if Betz team would make a better video, perhaps more realistic and explaining the risks and how one needs to be psychologically prepared. Showing it like a picnic because it's all bright and clean and they make use of "technology" doesn't particularly help patients decide legitimately.
8)

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 02:57:21 PM »

hanshi mentioned an article in another thread which I searched for and found this

https://www.zeit.de/2018/47/beinverlaengerung-operation-koerpergroesse-arzt-wunderheiler-gericht

Use Google translate if you don't understand German. A patient of Betz  has sued him for not being honest about the procedure and medical mistakes after a nail brekage and subsequent non-union. The article has more details.

And see how "rosy" a picture they paint of this surgery

It's actually an advertisement with "actors"  ;D They make a real patient "act" like he is getting out surgery from bed at 6:31 in the video. At 2:18 they have actors for a "driver" and "prospective patient".  ;D ;D Conducting interviews with patients like Dr. Mahboubian does is fair but this is a whole other level  ;D

Anyway about the court case, Betz might win the case after all. It might have all been the patient's fault, who knows?

But just take any LL "advertisement" with a grain of salt like you would of any TV ad  ;)
All patients who got complications are over 40, or atleast late thirties. Its the same case betz(this guy or macraperhy), guichet(unciorn) or even paley. There is some news on a older lady too suing paley(not sure for ll but still). They are not magic surgeons, just that these docs have good success rates.
It also depends a lot on the individual.

Also i feel the person on the news is masterhy, since he did it in 2013(same as master's timeline) and also seeign the price <50k Eur, which now is 52k Eur. also his starting height is same as master's and the amount lengthened too is master's length achieved.

There are rumors spread by oldiebutgoldie that hes dead, but seeing the news, I doubt it. Thanks for the info anyway :), glad to know master is alive.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 03:46:25 PM by fivetenneeded2016 »
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

TemakiSushi

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 01:27:56 PM »

The news is about a broken nail
This can happen to any age patients
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 02:43:10 PM by TemakiSushi »
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

lalo510

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 01:54:47 PM »

I can support what has been written in the news article.

I had a consultation with Betz YEARS ago and he made the whole procedure appear very easy. He even complimented on my athletic abilities (they weren't that impressive. Seems to be a sales strategy of his since he also said that to this patient in the newspaper article).

It seemed too much of a sale so I didn't go for the procedure with him.

lalo510

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 01:56:14 PM »

The news is about a broken nail
This can happen for any age patients

Very naive (no offense). The article is not only about a broken nail. It is about the way Betz handled this complication.
And without actually knowing it, I had a bad feeling about my consultation with him when we met years ago. Something seemed dishonest.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 02:34:41 PM »

I don't get why people still go for Betz.
Go for it

takura

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 08:24:47 PM »

I don't get why people still go for Betz.

He advertises well so perspective patients will see his information on youtube and his website before this forum

Canon

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 09:41:05 PM »

There is a model that has done it and lives happily with 6'1 now.

Thatdude950

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 07:26:45 AM »

All patients who got complications are over 40, or atleast late thirties. Its the same case betz(this guy or macraperhy), guichet(unciorn) or even paley. There is some news on a older lady too suing paley(not sure for ll but still). They are not magic surgeons, just that these docs have good success rates.
It also depends a lot on the individual.

Also i feel the person on the news is masterhy, since he did it in 2013(same as master's timeline) and also seeign the price <50k Eur, which now is 52k Eur. also his starting height is same as master's and the amount lengthened too is master's length achieved.

There are rumors spread by oldiebutgoldie that hes dead, but seeing the news, I doubt it. Thanks for the info anyway :), glad to know master is alive.

my first thought was of masterhy too. no idea how closely the story and timelines match, but i'll be doing some digging. very interesting.

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 08:31:31 PM »

Oldiebutgoldie, is that lad dead or what? rgkey apparently died aswell  ;D ;D ;D

notatroll

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 08:03:06 PM »

This guy isn't Masterhy. He's probably dead.
This is a different guy who had complications with Betz.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 08:15:17 PM »

What?? MasterHY is dead?
Go for it

notatroll

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2019, 09:11:14 PM »

I hope my friend Monegal will be in court very soon…
These negligent CLL doctors must be punished in court.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2019, 03:33:52 AM »

The driver is not an actor at all. His name is Thomas Backes and he's Betz's driver. When I was there in Germany he would drive me and the other patients around (e.g. from Park Hotel to Neunkirchen, etc...). He is an awesome guy, by the way. Very fun to be around.
I have no idea where you got the idea that he is an actor.

cool

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2019, 04:16:11 AM »

The driver is not an actor at all. His name is Thomas Backes and he's Betz's driver. When I was there in Germany he would drive me and the other patients around (e.g. from Park Hotel to Neunkirchen, etc...). He is an awesome guy, by the way. Very fun to be around.
I have no idea where you got the idea that he is an actor.

Can't believe it's been a year since I made this thread. I wonder what happened to the case.

I don't know if the driver is an actor or not I might have been mistaken. But he has certainly "acted" for this ad. The prospective patient too.

Worst of all is the patient who is made to get up from bed with the "warm help" offered by Dr. Betz. awww. He must have had surgery weeks ago but they asked him to lie back in bed to recreate a post-op scene  ;D That was the funniest.

I still can't believe how they can make an ad like this when major life changing complications have happened to at least one patient under their care. Not to mention numerous nail breaks with older versions of the nail. It's certainly not a picnic.

Please don't start saying there are good cases too. That's not the point. This is a major life changing procedure. This ad is a big let down to medical ethics.
8)

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2019, 06:19:59 AM »

I don't know if the driver is an actor or not I might have been mistaken. But he has certainly "acted" for this ad. The prospective patient too.

Worst of all is the patient who is made to get up from bed with the "warm help" offered by Dr. Betz. awww. He must have had surgery weeks ago but they asked him to lie back in bed to recreate a post-op scene  ;D That was the funniest.

To be honest, the ad is a pretty good representation of my experience with Betz. Thomas, Daniela and Ivonne are all "playing" themselves; the video was shot at the clinic in Neunkirchen where I stayed when took my nail out in 2013 (my surgery was in another wing in the hospital).

The way the patient is clicking and walking is how most patients do. Some like me had to do a different movement for clicking because it was easier for us, but overall the video is pretty dead on.

Oh, and Betz actually do help you get up and out of your bed after the surgery. He certainly did with me.

I still can't believe how they can make an ad like this when major life changing complications have happened to at least one patient under their care. Not to mention numerous nail breaks with older versions of the nail. It's certainly not a picnic.

Please don't start saying there are good cases too. That's not the point. This is a major life changing procedure. This ad is a big let down to medical ethics.

I won't just say there was "good cases too". I'll say that in my time in Germany (more than six months at Park Hotel in Weiskirchen) I didn't see any nail breaking IN GERMANY. I did meet people that came back to fix the nail that was broken outside of Germany.
If anything, I think Dr. Betz should rethink the policy of letting the patients fly so early back home (like Apotheosis in the old forum).

Note that even Andrewshizzles, which had a hard time in Germany (I was there at the same time, he had the worst case of duckass of all of us) only broke the nail when he went back home. And later Betz fixed him and he is pretty happy with the result (I know because I talked with him just two years ago about this).

I also met some patients with bad results with their Tibias (mostly very slow consolidation, all female patients). Overall I think Betz is a very doctor for the femurs. I'm still not sure about the tibias.

inchesmatter

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2019, 06:30:40 AM »

Stop spreading false information. The so-called actor portraying the driver is Thomas, whom I met in Germany this year when I had the surgery. He has been driving for Dr. Betz for many years. You are lying to the limb lengthening community.

inchesmatter

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2019, 06:51:51 AM »

More disinformation and presumptions from you.  I am a Betz patient and Dr. Betz and an assistant helped me get up and walk the same day of the surgery. I was walking with crutches on my own the very next day after surgery. The people in the video are not actors.  I personally met some of them and remember them. You cannot be allowed to continue to lie to the LL community.

cool

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2019, 07:50:12 AM »

Ok I didn't say they were paid actors but this whole thing is a scripted scene where everyone is "acting". I initially thought the driver was a paid actor but thanks for correcting me.

Betz may be one of the best doctors out there. I don't know. hanshi and the other guy who is apparently suing Betz are 2 dissatisfied patients. The rest have supposedly had good results.

As for nail not breaking in Germany, people can't be expected to stay there forever. Andrew moved back and his nails broke several months after LL. Maybe the nails are marketed to be stronger than they are? Or Betz asked them to be careful and the patients didn't. I have no idea.

Anyway I digress. My point was that the ad is distasteful and it is my opinion. That is all.
8)

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2019, 12:38:05 PM »

To be honest, the ad is a pretty good representation of my experience with Betz. Thomas, Daniela and Ivonne are all "playing" themselves; the video was shot at the clinic in Neunkirchen where I stayed when took my nail out in 2013 (my surgery was in another wing in the hospital).

The way the patient is clicking and walking is how most patients do. Some like me had to do a different movement for clicking because it was easier for us, but overall the video is pretty dead on.

Oh, and Betz actually do help you get up and out of your bed after the surgery. He certainly did with me.

I won't just say there was "good cases too". I'll say that in my time in Germany (more than six months at Park Hotel in Weiskirchen) I didn't see any nail breaking IN GERMANY. I did meet people that came back to fix the nail that was broken outside of Germany.
If anything, I think Dr. Betz should rethink the policy of letting the patients fly so early back home (like Apotheosis in the old forum).

Note that even Andrewshizzles, which had a hard time in Germany (I was there at the same time, he had the worst case of duckass of all of us) only broke the nail when he went back home. And later Betz fixed him and he is pretty happy with the result (I know because I talked with him just two years ago about this).

I also met some patients with bad results with their Tibias (mostly very slow consolidation, all female patients). Overall I think Betz is a very doctor for the femurs. I'm still not sure about the tibias.

I think you are affiliated with Betz

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2019, 04:40:02 PM »

I think you are affiliated with Betz

Dude, think whatever you wanna think.
There is a weird bubble in this forum where people think only the Stryde doctors are worth.
People have been doing LL successfully for decades without Stryde. Me included.

Iif you can't accept the idea that tons of patients had good results with Betz like me, your loss.

And if I'm affiliated with Betz I'm a pretty bad one, considering that I wrote in other posts that I think Stryde seems better than Betzbone and I'm leaning towards it. And I also said that I think Betz is a great femur doctor but I'm not so sure about this skills with tibias.
Pages: [1]   Go Up