Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too much general LL/doctor discussion in diaries  (Read 2150 times)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Too much general LL/doctor discussion in diaries
« on: October 16, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »

Calic and Daemon's diaries are full of general LL talk or doctor talk.  The problem I have with this is that new people browsing the forum for the first time won't know those discussions are there by looking at the topic list.  Maybe they come here and aren't interested in a Dr. Sarin diary so they don't even bother reading those threads, and they conclude there's nothing here for them and go to old forum .

I think diaries should be reserved for the patient's story and for people to ask questions about that specific patient's experience only.  The forum would be better if we moved the general LL and doctor-specific discussions to their dedicated sections.

I want this forum to succeed as a long-term old forum  alternative but I'm worried it's just going have a few Dr. Sarin patients' diaries and then die out when those guys are finished.

TomD

• Private
Re: Too much general LL/doctor discussion in diaries
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 11:22:18 PM »

I agree. I have thought about it as well and will see if Daemon will take any and all posts which do not pertain to the diary and chuck them into a 'general' topic. We dont want to 'censor' posts so I suggested we just move them to another thread.

I sent him a PM this morning about this topic and which thread to dump the posts into.

Keep the patient diaries pure. Questions directed to the patient and their feedback only. I would also like encouragement from our fine members to the patient to be left on there as well.  :)

When someone goes off topic, it promotes others to follow along and I have been victim to that . Ergo we need to continually transplant the posts to keep the diaries clean.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 11:46:47 PM »

It is kind of off-putting to have someone mess around with your posts, even if they're just moving them and not censoring them.  It's kind of old forum -like, and ideally we wouldn't have to do it.  But as a start-up forum without much content right now, we need make sure the content we do have is easily visible at first glance for guests and potential new members.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 11:59:15 PM »

It is kind of off-putting to have someone mess around with your posts, even if they're just moving them and not censoring them.  It's kind of old forum -like, and ideally we wouldn't have to do it.  But as a start-up forum without much content right now, we need make sure the content we do have is easily visible at first glance for guests and potential new members.

I understand and can relate.

So what I am doing is writing up a 'rules' page. Either its going to be on the tabs or its going to be a post. One of them is not to hijack the patient diaries or your posts will be moved to the general topic .

Some of the rules I am thinking of are basic common sense. No spamming, no shilling no profanity or stalking.

No duplicate accounts. This sort of thing. No fake diaries blah blah.........

Feel free to add suggestions  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up