Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doctors for 10 k - 15k ???  (Read 738 times)

tall62

• Visitor
Doctors for 10 k - 15k ???
« on: February 20, 2019, 04:56:01 PM »

It seems that every year the prices are going up ..are there any doctor who perforn externals Lon latn for around 10k-15k  in 2019  ???

Re: Doctors for 10 k - 15k ???
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 10:47:20 PM »

May god fulfill your wish (of going to a cheap sloppy surgeon and becoming a taller crippled person)

epikness

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 11:14:27 PM »

Don't bother going to cheap doctors. It will only result in crippled legs and I'm sure that nobody wants those.

Cheaper methods with good doctors are fine but going to bad doctors that offer super thrifty prices is practically begging for a botched surgery. And the money to fix the botched surgery will cost more money/pain/time than if you were to go to a trusted surgeon.

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 11:42:28 PM »

May god fulfill your wish (of going to a cheap sloppy surgeon and becoming a taller crippled person)

He didnt ask for a sloppy surgeon smh

I went to Russia for LATN and LON cross-lengthening and ended up just fine. Of course i had minor complications the second time around but everything turned out just fine at the end. Im even jogging now 6 months post nailing and frame removal.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

California2

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 12:33:25 AM »

This forum has no short supply of opinionated, uninformed, dumb-ass commentators so please do not be surprised or put off by any negativity you may encounter.  Instead, sift through the posts in effort to identify informed comments; then, make your own decisions.

I am in the process of finalizing consolidation after lengthening my tibias just shy of 9 cm.  I am experiencing no problems--things are going exactly as well as I could hope (knock on wood).  In my opinion, I was blessed to encounter some of the best scientists and surgeons available world-wide--these are the folks who pioneered external lengthening and who continue to improve the process on a daily basis.

Internal procedures will no doubt eclipse the number of external procedures because internal procedures offer much.  However, two aspects of internal procedures that can never match externals are cost and control over distraction.

With external lengthening, you can adjust distraction parameters to correct or improve bone alignment.  With internals, if alignment goes awry, you can only stop distraction.

For me, I paid about $22K including everything--surgeries, prescriptions, apartment, utilities, food, transfers, airfare--everything.  I could not come close to that price doing internals.  This means I probably paid less than $15K for the surgeries and attendant medical costs.

jievince3

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 05:08:14 AM »

Who is your doctor?

Veryshortman

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 05:35:58 PM »

This forum has no short supply of opinionated, uninformed, dumb-ass commentators so please do not be surprised or put off by any negativity you may encounter.  Instead, sift through the posts in effort to identify informed comments; then, make your own decisions.

I am in the process of finalizing consolidation after lengthening my tibias just shy of 9 cm.  I am experiencing no problems--things are going exactly as well as I could hope (knock on wood).  In my opinion, I was blessed to encounter some of the best scientists and surgeons available world-wide--these are the folks who pioneered external lengthening and who continue to improve the process on a daily basis.

Internal procedures will no doubt eclipse the number of external procedures because internal procedures offer much.  However, two aspects of internal procedures that can never match externals are cost and control over distraction.

With external lengthening, you can adjust distraction parameters to correct or improve bone alignment.  With internals, if alignment goes awry, you can only stop distraction.

For me, I paid about $22K including everything--surgeries, prescriptions, apartment, utilities, food, transfers, airfare--everything.  I could not come close to that price doing internals.  This means I probably paid less than $15K for the surgeries and attendant medical costs.

I've read 6cm is the max over and over.
Which doctor did you use and which method?

myloginacc

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 12:33:26 AM »

I've read 6cm is the max over and over.
Which doctor did you use and which method?

He has a diary here.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).
Pages: [1]   Go Up