Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guys who were average-ish height before CLL - Has it made a difference?  (Read 855 times)

jayes

• Visitor

Hey all,

I'm 5 ft 8 in.   Depending on where you live that's just below average to maybe average. I'm seriously considering doing CLL and have already consulted a surgeon.  Sometimes I wonder how much difference this will make in my life and if it's worth the pain and money.  Not to mention basically 3 months of your life on hold.  Sometimes I stand on my tiptoes and try to imagine being close to 5' 11''.  I don't know what the incremental change will be like.  It doesn't feel that much different in a way.

So hoping to hear from people in a similar situation.  Has it made a meaningful difference? More attractive to women and confident?  Would you do it again?

Thanks in advance.

InFullStryde

Re: Guys who were average-ish height before CLL - Has it made a difference?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 02:58:21 AM »

Hey all,

I'm 5 ft 8 in.   Depending on where you live that's just below average to maybe average. I'm seriously considering doing CLL and have already consulted a surgeon.  Sometimes I wonder how much difference this will make in my life and if it's worth the pain and money.  Not to mention basically 3 months of your life on hold.  Sometimes I stand on my tiptoes and try to imagine being close to 5' 11''.  I don't know what the incremental change will be like.  It doesn't feel that much different in a way.

So hoping to hear from people in a similar situation.  Has it made a meaningful difference? More attractive to women and confident?  Would you do it again?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jayes! Have you thought about wearing some slick 3 inch height increasing shoes?  Truth is; that you can't barely tell that the shoes are height increasing with some of the models being made today.   This would be a good way for you to demo the new height prior to committing to the surgery.   

Timeline for CLL is most likely:

3 Months of Lengthening
2-3 Months of Bone Consolidation and regaining your ability to walk normally again. 
Reserve 7-8 months, just in case.

"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

myloginacc

Re: Guys who were average-ish height before CLL - Has it made a difference?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 03:39:32 AM »

It obviously makes a difference, but you have to be pickier the more height you have. Lots of CLL vets have said things such as "don't do CLL if you're at least X height".

Paco1 said 5'7. Catagni implied he wouldn't agree to operate his 5'7 son. Dr. Birkholtz had an upper limit of 170cm on males, and he abandoned cosmetic LL for thinking the risk-profile of the surgery is too much. This is something you need to have in mind the closer you are to average.

By the way, you can personally ask some vets like short2tall for their experiences. He went from 5'8 to 5'11. However, he went with a US doctor and a good nail. This is the way I think it should be handled. Many close-to-average men here have incredible delusions, thinking their lives will turn 180º once they're taller, and then they get desperate for it. I think short2tall said it himself: if you had no luck with things such as dating at 5'8, it is not CLL that is going to change that. Don't cripple yourself with bad decisions taken upon a bad, delusional state of mind.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

TheMagicalBlueEye

It obviously makes a difference, but you have to be pickier the more height you have. Lots of CLL vets have said things such as "don't do CLL if you're at least X height".

Paco1 said 5'7. Catagni implied he wouldn't agree to operate his 5'7 son. Dr. Birkholtz had an upper limit of 170cm on males, and he abandoned cosmetic LL for thinking the risk-profile of the surgery is too much. This is something you need to have in mind the closer you are to average.

By the way, you can personally ask some vets like short2tall for their experiences. He went from 5'8 to 5'11. However, he went with a US doctor and a good nail. This is the way I think it should be handled. Many close-to-average men here have incredible delusions, thinking their lives will turn 180º once they're taller, and then they get desperate for it. I think short2tall said it himself: if you had no luck with things such as dating at 5'8, it is not CLL that is going to change that. Don't cripple yourself with bad decisions taken upon a bad, delusional state of mind.

I personally prefer dr. Ghassan Salameh (mostly because I live very close to Germany). I wonder if he hasn't changed his earlier policies (such as having no height limit)? I would like to go from 5'9 to 5'11 or 6'.
Diligence is the mother of good luck

Johnson1111

I would pay an extra 100k for LL if I could wake up tomorrow and be 3 inches taller, instead of having to go through all of the recovery process and pain. The mental strength needed to watch a whole year go by while you're practically crippled must be scary.

Purushrottam

I think ProgramDude also wen't from 5'9" to 6'. Theres a user named Brb6FootTall who also was average height before.

And like InFullStryde said, try wearing 3 inch lifts and see how you feel. My personal hunch is that 5'9" - 5'11" won't make that big of a difference as improving other aspects of your life. But the best way to find out is to ask as many people who went from average to above average.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

jayes

• Visitor

Thanks for your input everyone.  I'll get lifts to see what it's like. I'll probably end up going through with the surgery to be honest.

Sanity

I dont agree to that. For low to average guyz like in the range of 5'6-5'9 cll is a gamechanger. Dont listen to all tht noise. For very short ppl it isnt as good tbvh all it is a dignity saver. Ul still be short but with some lesser manletism. Period.

The most effected by it is the group that " almost made it " and i dont think the " very short " group likes that very much.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)
Pages: [1]   Go Up