Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After LL get done ,Is normal to shrink in almost one or two inches(compression)?  (Read 1677 times)

otavio

I've heard about many people who did this surgery telling that after it get done they shrink in about one/two inch , my question is : it always happen with people who make this procedure?

Apprehensive Finance

Are you sure someone lost an inch to two inches? You're describing some people losing depending on how much they lengthened a 1/3 of their new height to almost all of it. The only height loss I have heard of is on this forum, and at most, it's been a few millimeters. From looking around this forum, it seems like if people put too much pressure on their pins before their bone has consolidated, they lose a few millimeters. However, this could also be due to them being wrong about their height, spinal compression or simple mismeasurement. I imagine that people who think they lost so much length must have mismeasured or been wrong about their pre lengthening height

IwannaBeTaller

There is no proof of a real "height loss" due to compression after LL. Some veterans like Sweden have reported losing height, but the problem with this is it's impossible to measure your height gain due to this surgery by a high accuracy.

This has two reasons
1) x-rays don't give exact measurements and
2) posture problems such as duck ass or ballerina foot can make it hard to measure your height the traditional way, before you're completely recovered.

So, to my knowledge, we have no proof that one can "lose" his lengthened height due to compression.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

InFullStryde

Honey, I shrunk the CLL'er.  :-)
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

YellowSpike

This apparently happens to people who do external tibia methods, but it's like a few mm.

I had my femur rods out in the fall, and haven't lost any height at all.

Astronomy

Are u kidding? ;D 1-2inches?I bet shrinking by 1-2mm is normal and it will only occur when the conslidation goes not very well

California2

If you are asking, can people (or, do people) do crazy stuff that leads to undesirable consequences; then, of course!  People are people.  For the past 30 years, each younger generation is raised in an environment where very little critical thinking is required.  As a result, many often truly believe they are smart but go off to do very stupid things that could have been prevented if only they devoted some critical thought to the situation.

For example, an external LLer began distraction; then, went home to New York.  Against medical advice, he distracted 10 centimeters.  Then, he went to a local MD who knew nothing about LL.

The MD removed the frames and put him in walking casts for consolidation.  As a result, with nothing in place to maintain the distraction, he lost 5 of 10 cm.

If this young LL had only thought about his situation, he would have known walking casts would not support him during consolidation.

Pages: [1]   Go Up