Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm just Curious? When does the tightening just go away. LOL  (Read 908 times)

InFullStryde

I'm just Curious? When does the tightening just go away. LOL
« on: March 08, 2019, 01:48:29 AM »

Guys, As you know I'm a current CLL'er and I'm already 2 inches taller.  Thank goodness because if anyone needs some height it's me! Now, with that said...veterans...when does all the tight legs and zero flexibility just end.   Can you enlighten me.  I've had no complications..its been 2 months post Op and I'm just wondering how one feels as they transition from your legs are tight and stiff all over to.... My legs are back!

Hope all is well and love any feedback possibles.

Thank you.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

cheekycabs

Re: I'm just Curious? When does the tightening just go away. LOL
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 08:48:13 AM »

5 months in, legs are still tight.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

InFullStryde

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 02:55:07 PM »

5 months in, legs are still tight.

Hi Jcayabo, I can imagine. Is it showing improvement?
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

Ghostfish

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 10:19:20 AM »

Hi InFullStryde

I know a patient who did femurs with Stryde nails in Paley. 
She seemed to recover tightness one month after stopping lengthening, although she still had some tightness and her walking seemed still a little waddling with a very slight duckass.
Two months after lengthening, she seemed to have quite a normal life like shopping, hanging out with friends, etc, and her walking seemed to be much better, meaning a very minor abnormal gaits and walking in a fairly long distance like 30 min walking.
At three months time point, her consolidation was complete.  she walks pretty much normal and almost no tightness issue, although her muscle is not as soft or flexible as before yet. She can run a little bit on the treadmill.

Hope it helps you envision how you will see in your recovery.

Good luck!!   

makeme6ft

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 11:37:15 PM »

Your tightness will fade away slowly once you stop lengthening

The body will eventually adapt provided you didn't lengthen a ridiculous amount

InFullStryde

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 04:57:02 AM »

Your tightness will fade away slowly once you stop lengthening

The body will eventually adapt provided you didn't lengthen a ridiculous amount

Hi InFullStryde

I know a patient who did femurs with Stryde nails in Paley. 
She seemed to recover tightness one month after stopping lengthening, although she still had some tightness and her walking seemed still a little waddling with a very slight duckass.
Two months after lengthening, she seemed to have quite a normal life like shopping, hanging out with friends, etc, and her walking seemed to be much better, meaning a very minor abnormal gaits and walking in a fairly long distance like 30 min walking.
At three months time point, her consolidation was complete.  she walks pretty much normal and almost no tightness issue, although her muscle is not as soft or flexible as before yet. She can run a little bit on the treadmill.

Hope it helps you envision how you will see in your recovery.

Good luck!!   

Many thanks to both of you.   I am set to discontinue my distraction on April 1st.  I hope to be walking normal enough to attend a black tie event on June 20th.  We will see how it goes. Thank you very much and my best regards.

Ghostfish

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 06:24:12 AM »

Hi InFullStryde

I read your diary for most of parts.  You are a very decent and positive man.  I really do have high respect on you.

How much gain are you aiming at now?  She did 7.1 cm and was fine until the very last moment.  From 6 or more, it becomes quite harder to push.  But I strongly recommend you to push to get as much as you can.  Every cm means a lot, I think.  Perhaps 7cm would be good for you.  I saw several patients in Paley.  Most of femur patients with Stryde do so well.  I believe you will be fine too although you are in other place.  Keep up the good work!

By the way, just for my curiosity, I saw your lengthening is 3 times of 0.33mm a day.  Is that true?  The reason I asked you is that all nails in Paley turn 0.25mm per turn instead of 0.33mm.  I am just curious whether stryde nails you are having are different from ones in Paley. 

Wish you the best of luck for the rest of your journey!!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up