Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cosmetic leg lengthening is truly losing its resources completely  (Read 1521 times)

makeme6ft

As you can notice most veterans have already left and the forum seems quite dead. The golden age of cosmetic leg lengthening was on the older forum which now seems to have Zzzz (dead).
Information was constantly shared, several new diaries were created each day, so forth and so on. Many people got to share their stories and get major assistance when they required it on that forum during its golden ages (2007-2012)

The older people who have done their surgeries with or without complications seemed to have moved on completely. You can barely find any veteran here anymore. Also there's many people that stopped updating their diaries and people who complain about the toxicity of these forums even though toxicity online exists everywhere and most of the users here are pretty positive. They're obviously oversensitive people because majority of this group are people who are curious & supportive but a few bad apples makes diary owners appalled and disgusted. Diaries such as Android and Zakika which were both really good and received great support however they obviously get easily offended and stopped updating because of it.

There is also no active moderation here aside from KiloKahn, and its obvious everyone else has clearly moved on

But really the worst thing that happened is losing the old forum website which has 10x the diaries that this forum has, there was a lot of valuable information on it and now users don't have access to it anymore.

TheMagicalBlueEye

Re: Cosmetic leg lengthening is truly losing its resources completely
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 10:18:10 PM »

But really the worst thing that happened is losing the old forum website which has 10x the diaries that this forum has, there was a lot of valuable information on it and now users don't have access to it anymore.

But what happened to this old forum that all of the data is gone?
(also some threads can still be found via google)
Diligence is the mother of good luck

InFullStryde

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 01:29:27 AM »

The forum does seem a lot quieter.  I remember when I first discovered this forum back in July 2018. Seemed fairly active.  Once I am done with my CLL journey, I plan on being a regular on this forum to help all prospective CLL'ers and those currently going through the experience. 
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

otavio

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 01:55:51 AM »

I heard from Dr Paley that the current demand for this surgery is huge.

Purushrottam

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 03:39:13 AM »

The forum was fairly active when I was going through the LL process in Sept-Dec 2017.

A lot of people get LL and just don't make a diary about it. I was with 4-6 other patients when I had mine. No one else wrote a diary but they all had complication free experiences.

Most people move on with their lives after the surgery and recovery is over so you will find less and less posts from them.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

InFullStryde

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 04:25:31 PM »

Yes - this forum is not a representation of the volume of CLL that is happening right now.  The surgery is becoming more and more popular. 
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 07:05:23 PM »

Yes - this forum is not a representation of the volume of CLL that is happening right now.  The surgery is becoming more and more popular.
It would be great if more people post diaries here from different doctors from different parts of the world.
Go for it

BeYourBest

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 10:22:22 PM »

You would think that as it gets more popular this would too. Sad but oh well

BeYourBest

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 10:23:41 PM »

Anyone know why the older forum is not working anymore? I have been trying to get to it for days now!

shottrue

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 10:43:45 PM »

My favorite update is those that display their retained athleticism through running and jumping videos

BeYourBest

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 11:08:20 PM »

My favorite update is those that display their retained athleticism through running and jumping videos

Man I just wanna know if ex patients are actively normal wayyy after surgery. That is the most important thing out here.

InFullStryde

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 05:45:05 AM »

Man I just wanna know if ex patients are actively normal wayyy after surgery. That is the most important thing out here.

I'd love to know that too! lol. 

BeYourBest

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 04:37:42 PM »

I'd love to know that too! lol.

I understand that it may be hard to find this information online for example on this forum because people would generally just want to move on with their life and forget this even happened. But I mean it would be great if some doctors had contact with really old patients and keep tabs on their wellbeing to keep people like us well informed on all aspects of this.

InFullStryde

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 04:39:36 PM »

I understand that it may be hard to find this information online for example on this forum because people would generally just want to move on with their life and forget this even happened. But I mean it would be great if some doctors had contact with really old patients and keep tabs on their wellbeing to keep people like us well informed on all aspects of this.

I vow to keep all CLL'ers informed of my post CLL progress!

BeYourBest

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 04:42:33 PM »

I vow to keep all CLL'ers informed of my post CLL progress!

Good to hear man. I think I would do too but I aim to keep this a secret. I.e. I would not want my future wife to ever find out. So I guess from that point I would find it difficult to update. But until then I would like to keep everyone well informed! Without this forum (and a couple months of reading the old one) I would not even consider this.

InFullStryde

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 08:41:15 PM »

Good to hear man. I think I would do too but I aim to keep this a secret. I.e. I would not want my future wife to ever find out. So I guess from that point I would find it difficult to update. But until then I would like to keep everyone well informed! Without this forum (and a couple months of reading the old one) I would not even consider this.

I hear you there.  I am keeping this private as well with exception to close siblings.

BeYourBest

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2019, 11:27:13 PM »

I hear you there.  I am keeping this private as well with exception to close siblings.

I have told my mum. She was saying w t f but knows that I hate my height. Convinced her even though its against her wishes. This is just how life goes I suppose  :-\

Astronomy

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 10:46:37 AM »

I think it's just cuz most of the information has been revealed by us! ;DMaybe new information can only be available when another world-famous doctor appears or new technology appears
As for diaries,I think people now aren't interested in posting them cuz they have been repeated previously
Pages: [1]   Go Up