Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Considering pursuing my LL journey - help needed  (Read 488 times)

RB

Considering pursuing my LL journey - help needed
« on: March 16, 2019, 05:45:03 AM »

Hey guys, long time lurker here and have finally decided to make my first post as I am seriously close to considering going ahead with the surgery. I am 25 years old and 163 cm (5'4) and I live in Australia. I apologise for the long post but would really appreciate some help and advice from everyone including the CLL vets.

Now like many of you guys, I have struggled with my short height my whole life. My parents are quite short - mum is 5'1 and dad is 5'4 yet my younger brother grew to about 5'9. I had many issues with my health growing up and am sure some of the medication I took stunted my growth so I ended up the same height as my dad (163 cm). If I wasn't born prematurely and didn't have as many health issues as a kid, I am sure I would have at least reached 5'7 but thats besides the point.

I have always had quite an attractive face and a muscular body and this has always 'kept me in the game' so to speak with women. I had a beautiful gf (5'2) for almost 3 years but we broke up about 8 months ago and this has made my height issues even worse. I have had some decent success with women due to my facial features but I always feel like my height rules me out with many and my confidence has taken a hit because of it. I also work in business and while I am an up and comer with lots of potential, I can't help but feel like my height is holding me back from being truly great and it doesen't help that everyone i work with is at least 5'9.

It has gotten to the point where I always think about my height and compare it with everyone I speak to subconsciously. I have never considered the surgery seriously until now and after finding out about the STRYDE nail. I do not have enough money on my own to pursue the surgery, however my grandparents have given my parents 100k AUD to get an investment property for me and it has not been used yet, so the only shot I would have to get it done in the next year or so would be to convince my parents to let me use some of that money due to the extent of my height neurosis. I don't have BDD, i feel like the only thing missing is height. I have a great face, great body and consider myself intelligent. I just feel like height consistently holds me back both with women and in other facets of life.

My number one choice is Dr Giotikas in Greece. His prices are reasonable and I have read great things about him, he uses the STRYDE nail and I am also greek background and speak fluently, so being in Athens would feel like a second home to me. I will do an online consult with him soon.

So i have a few questions that i would greatly appreciate if you could help me out with:

1) My goal is to get 6 or 7cm in one segment to get me to about 170cm (leaning towards femurs but if tibias is the way to go for this please let me know). Would going from 5'4 to 5'7 make a world of difference both socially and professionally, provided I already have a lot of things going for me except for short height?

2) If I go with the STRYDE nail, how long can I expect the recovery process to be? And how long would I have to stay in Athens?

3) What do I tell close friends/work etc? Obviously my parents will know but when people see me come back 3 inches taller I am sure they will ask questions. Is there any believable thing I can say as I don't want to tell people I got LL and I don't plan on going to start a new life somewhere.

4) Are the rates of complications/recovery time reduced significantly with STRYDE (especially on femurs?)

5) I am quite into BJJ. What are the chances of me eventually being able to train martial arts again post surgery?

I would really appreciate your advice in regards to these questions.

Thanks guys!
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

InFullStryde

Re: Considering pursuing my LL journey - help needed
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 06:03:05 AM »

Hey guys, long time lurker here and have finally decided to make my first post as I am seriously close to considering going ahead with the surgery. I am 25 years old and 163 cm (5'4) and I live in Australia. I apologise for the long post but would really appreciate some help and advice from everyone including the CLL vets.

Now like many of you guys, I have struggled with my short height my whole life. My parents are quite short - mum is 5'1 and dad is 5'4 yet my younger brother grew to about 5'9. I had many issues with my health growing up and am sure some of the medication I took stunted my growth so I ended up the same height as my dad (163 cm). If I wasn't born prematurely and didn't have as many health issues as a kid, I am sure I would have at least reached 5'7 but thats besides the point.

I have always had quite an attractive face and a muscular body and this has always 'kept me in the game' so to speak with women. I had a beautiful gf (5'2) for almost 3 years but we broke up about 8 months ago and this has made my height issues even worse. I have had some decent success with women due to my facial features but I always feel like my height rules me out with many and my confidence has taken a hit because of it. I also work in business and while I am an up and comer with lots of potential, I can't help but feel like my height is holding me back from being truly great and it doesen't help that everyone i work with is at least 5'9.

It has gotten to the point where I always think about my height and compare it with everyone I speak to subconsciously. I have never considered the surgery seriously until now and after finding out about the STRYDE nail. I do not have enough money on my own to pursue the surgery, however my grandparents have given my parents 100k AUD to get an investment property for me and it has not been used yet, so the only shot I would have to get it done in the next year or so would be to convince my parents to let me use some of that money due to the extent of my height neurosis. I don't have BDD, i feel like the only thing missing is height. I have a great face, great body and consider myself intelligent. I just feel like height consistently holds me back both with women and in other facets of life.

My number one choice is Dr Giotikas in Greece. His prices are reasonable and I have read great things about him, he uses the STRYDE nail and I am also greek background and speak fluently, so being in Athens would feel like a second home to me. I will do an online consult with him soon.

So i have a few questions that i would greatly appreciate if you could help me out with:

1) My goal is to get 6 or 7cm in one segment to get me to about 170cm (leaning towards femurs but if tibias is the way to go for this please let me know). Would going from 5'4 to 5'7 make a world of difference both socially and professionally, provided I already have a lot of things going for me except for short height?

2) If I go with the STRYDE nail, how long can I expect the recovery process to be? And how long would I have to stay in Athens?

3) What do I tell close friends/work etc? Obviously my parents will know but when people see me come back 3 inches taller I am sure they will ask questions. Is there any believable thing I can say as I don't want to tell people I got LL and I don't plan on going to start a new life somewhere.

4) Are the rates of complications/recovery time reduced significantly with STRYDE (especially on femurs?)

5) I am quite into BJJ. What are the chances of me eventually being able to train martial arts again post surgery?

I would really appreciate your advice in regards to these questions.

Thanks guys!

Good day, RB!

I can understand where you are coming from.   I am currently on day 71 of my CLL journey so I can share some of my experience and knowledge with you.   My starting height is 5'1 and I'm now about 5'3.5"...for me your height would be my dream :-)  It's all relative.   I have answered your questions the best i can below and feel free to message me any time. I'm happy to help you with first hand advice. 

Absolutely it would! Just Imagine how you will feel to be taller than almost every female you meet.  Also, imagine being only 1-2 inches shorter than the average male.  With some nice shoes with a little added sole (no need for anyone to know!)...you are average height..and since it's such a small  addition with the shoe you can walk comfortable and even take the shoes off anywhere!  In business...well my friend...It's all about your value added to a company.   I can already tell that a 2 or 3 added inches will surely be the confidence boost you desire and you will likely perform much better.   At 5'1... I started a company at 26 years old and it's worth well over a million now! You can do the same and way better.  Since you stay in shape it sounds like and are a reasonably attractive fellow, sounds to me like you just want some added inches to complete the puzzle you have going on with yourself. CLL will help with that.

With Stryde, you can expect 3 months worth of lengthening and I believe it best to stay in Athens during the entire lengthening.  They can monitor you closely.  If anything goes wrong, it will very well likely be during the distraction phase..so  you want to be close.  At the end of month 3; your muscles are going to be very tight and you will be walking a bit like a Frankenstein duck; but rest assure that in 2 - 3 more months you will be walking acceptable again and happy at your new height of 5'7 and in shoes 5'8 or 5'9!  Please allow yourself 6 months at least before you can expect to walk fluidly and don't beat yourself up to bad, if it takes maybe a month or two longer.  The Stryde nail is incredible however. Bone growth is much faster with it and you can weight bear from day one.   I'm going to bet you recover in 5 months!

Simple, you're only 25 years old! Usually people stop growing around 22; but why can't you be an exception?  Just mention that you have been eating healthy, working out, trimmed down even more...and you picked up an inch or so you believe.  Smile and say..."amazing, hey mate"...and they will just smile back at you and give you a good ole' pat on the back!  Don't worry about what people think of you, okay?  As soon as you say to yourself.."i'm going to do this!"...also put away any thoughts or care about what others think...you're a grown man and you know what you want.  That's all there is to it. Okay, here is another idea...if you want to make up a little story...lol...tell them that you had "posture correction surgery".... It's not far from the truth.  Tell them you had the posture corrected and it provide you with additional height gain and you feel much better.

Stryde just came out....so there isn't a ton of data; but so far the STRYDE results have been great.   Read the few Styrde profiles on here, including mine. You will see that each of us are pretty happy so far.

I'm going to be completely honest.  This surgery really impacts you physically.  I don't expect you to be back into martial arts for at least 1 year.  Just my opinion.

Let me know if you have any other questions and feel free to click on the link in my signature which has a link to my STRYDE diary.

Best Regards!

IFS
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

RB

Re: Considering pursuing my LL journey - help needed
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 09:37:57 AM »

Thanks IFS, appreciate the insight and looking forward to reading the rest of your diary! Stryde really does seem like an amazing innovation in the field of CLL.

Would appreciate any other responses, in particular the others who are undertaking or have undertaken CLL with stryde, very keen to hear your experiences.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up