Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL in Turkey femoral planning  (Read 1687 times)

dinozzo

LL in Turkey femoral planning
« on: March 28, 2019, 02:44:54 PM »

Hi, am planning to do the LL surgery in Turkey, looking for other people who want to do the same so we can share appartments and physio costs and all things needed for the surgery or just the experience only.

If i can i would do it in september. Lon method, as a group it's much easier to deal with the time and the healing part and complications if there are.

So if there is anyone considering it please feel free to reply on the topic or Dm me.

Thank you

wannagrowtaller

Re: LL in Turkey femoral planning
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 02:56:18 PM »

You will do lon on femurs?
Go for it

dinozzo

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 03:45:05 PM »

Yes, any advice about it would be welcomed, i don't know how it's done but it's the solution regarding the price for me.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 03:46:57 PM »

Externals on femurs is not recommended. You have too much muscles and it will be very painful. If I would do LON, I would do tibias.
Go for it

Astronomy

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 04:00:57 PM »

I cant agree more that external femur aint definitely a good idea!
Though that requires less money,that requires more recovery time and loss of kinetism.
In addition whether you cant stand the uncomfort it will bring,thats a conundram.
So if you weigh lengthening amount and budget than segment to be lengthened.I suggest you to conduct external tibia,heartfeltly

dinozzo

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 04:01:46 PM »

the lon was adviced by the doctor, i really don't know. it's less frames than the iliazrov method i think. Dr rozbruch did it in a youtube video
Internal is expensive. anyone who did lengthening over nail on femur?

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 08:15:58 PM »

I don't know the device Dr Rozbruch is using in this video.

Good luck to you anyway.
Go for it

dinozzo

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 08:42:39 PM »

Femoral Lengthening with Lengthening over a Nail has Fewer Complications than Intramedullary Skeletal Kinetic Distraction
Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3293955/
But if there is one person who already experienced it and want to share it, it would be helpful.
Am here looking for advices. i want to lengthen for around 8cm my original height is 170cm.
am 33 years old.

ned_flanders

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 08:47:27 PM »

Femoral Lengthening with Lengthening over a Nail has Fewer Complications than Intramedullary Skeletal Kinetic Distraction

1. no it doesnt. You are in for a world of hurt doing externals femur
2. 170cm is a good height. not much is gonna change for u after LL. Stop blaming height for your failures in life, just man up and spend the money on beer, fast cars and working girls
finished lengthening 5.5cm femur stryde 2019.
I am not sure if it was worth it :/

dinozzo

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 08:49:34 PM »

Ok, are you a patient? or a doctor? or just an opinion?
just want to know, and btw am home.

ned_flanders

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 08:53:06 PM »

Ok, are you a patient? or a doctor? or just an opinion?
just want to know, and btw am home.

you are new to this community. People have become permanently cripple. Others permanently wheelchair bound etc.
This is not a game. Do externals on femur and u're certain to have long lasting problems.

im currently lengthening

dinozzo

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 09:00:47 PM »

Ok but lengthening with what method?and what part of your body? and when did you do the surgery and which doctor???? Can you please be more clear?

ned_flanders

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2019, 09:14:35 PM »

Ok but lengthening with what method?and what bone? and when did you do the surgery and what doctor???? Can you please be more clear?

why is it even relevant to your question?
dont do femur external. the only people who are capable of successful femur external are usually trauma/deformity surgeons. these people are not in the cosmetic LL business.
There are only a handful of surgeons in CLL world that can do external femur. And believe me, they are not cheap. and they certainly are not from turkey or any country close to it.

just dont do it, you will live to regret for rest of ur life.

Ayesha12345

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2019, 11:00:02 PM »

All good doctors, in fact all legitimate doctors advise external for tibias and internal for femur. External femur really would be too tough, don’t go that road. And 8cm is top high a target, the higher you go, more the risk. 6- 6.6 should be the limit .

Purushrottam

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2019, 03:14:32 AM »

Oh man please don't do external femurs. The femur muscles are really strong and will pull against the nail, causing a LOT of pain. This is why most doctors don't recommend external femurs. External tibias is painful too but not as much as femurs (so I've been told). Please consult more than one doctor about this!
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

dinozzo

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 06:25:02 AM »

http://index.limblengthening.com/casehistories/ch71/ch71.html here you can see the external fixator am talking about, used by doctor rozbruch on a femur, but if you say it's too tough , then i will reconsider it. is it just the pain?because the external fixator will be removed was the distraction is over.

Thank you all

heightconsultant

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2019, 03:45:58 PM »

I would love to see any examples of patients or scientific proof of femur LON being more dangerous than tibia LON. Yes whenever an external device is involved (no matter pure external or LON), surgery on femur is more painful, but in which way it is more dangerous or risky than tibia? Why in world it should be? In fact, femur bone tends to consolidate faster than tibia, and this is a plus. And not everyone can lengthen tibia because some people already have long tibia/short femur. There may be methods like Precice 2 and Stryde. But does everybody have budget for this? LON is still a good option for many patients who are tight on budget. The internal nail shortens the time spent with external devices, and it stabilizes the bone too (preventing misalignment of bone).

For people who don't have the money for internal methods, are brave enough to tolerate pain, and take care of themselves (pin site cleaning, physiotherapy, overall hygiene), can consider LON on femur. I am yet to see someone who proves the opposite.
Pages: [1]   Go Up