Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Have questions you'd like to ask someone who had LL six years ago? Ask them here  (Read 160478 times)

Lorelei

• Visitor

Hi

It may sound like a silly question but I'm a woman and I enjoy greatly walking in high heels.
After reading that for some people has been difficult to even kneel on the floor after surgery I wonder if I could ever slipper into my heels again once recovered.

If there is any woman who may had experience that I would be interested to know!

Another topic I was interested about is scars. I would like to gather as many suggestions as possible on how much scarring can be improved after surgery.
Thank you!
Current height 5"3, height goal 5"8/ 5"9.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Hi

It may sound like a silly question but I'm a woman and I enjoy greatly walking in high heels.
After reading that for some people has been difficult to even kneel on the floor after surgery I wonder if I could ever slipper into my heels again once recovered.

If there is any woman who may had experience that I would be interested to know!

Another topic I was interested about is scars. I would like to gather as many suggestions as possible on how much scarring can be improved after surgery.
Thank you!

I can still wear my shoes with lifts just fine, so I don't see why high heels would be a problem after LL.

Scarring can be almost completely eliminated with excision surgery.  You'll just have thin white lines once they are healed up.

Lorelei

• Visitor

Thank you for your answer, given the many complications of this surgery it's good to know that recovery could be brighter then I thought.
Current height 5"3, height goal 5"8/ 5"9.

ItsMyLife

The opposite, actually.  The need to construct/improve myself is all in the past.  Right now I'm happy with who I am, just being an average person.  Being average is what became okay after the surgery that wasn't okay before.

you said you are avereage n not tall now .. are u from a western country? america?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Yes.

Sweden

Would you be interested in doing a screening test to really see what you can and can't do?

How does it feel in the mornings when you wake up and go to the bathroom? Aching ankles for the first steps? Full balance?

Can you fully squat and hop around like a frog for like a yard?

How fast are you when sprinting compared to before?(if you ever do that)
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

I have full balance and no aching first thing in the morning.  Mornings are the same as afternoons, evenings, and nights.

I can squat and hop like a frog.

I'd say I'm about 80-90% as fast as I was sprinting before LL.  Endurance is what suffered.  The tibialis anterior muscle gets tired really easily.

Moubgf

I just wanna thank you for still being here and supporting us water. It means alot.

joax

If you didn't care much about athletic ability, except maybe walking fast every now and then, would you think that LL would be worth it? I'm currently 5'8 and would love to reach 5'11. Overall do you recommend LL? Also does it hurt to stand/walk for long periods of time?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

If you didn't care much about athletic ability, except maybe walking fast every now and then, would you think that LL would be worth it? I'm currently 5'8 and would love to reach 5'11. Overall do you recommend LL? Also does it hurt to stand/walk for long periods of time?

Yeah, LL will probably be worth it for someone like you.

It doesn't hurt to stand/walk for long periods of time any more than it did before I had LL.

Sweatpants

Hi MDoW,

How did it take you after surgery to start running? My walking is improving every day, but I feel like running is still far away. I had my surgery 10 months ago.

paco1

Hi sweatpants.
how much do you lengthening?
I am planning 5, 5,5 in tibias with salameh.
Cheers, and i hope you have very good recovery.
paco.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Hi MDoW,

How did it take you after surgery to start running? My walking is improving every day, but I feel like running is still far away. I had my surgery 10 months ago.

I first ran to catch a bus at about the 9 month mark.  I was worried that running might make my screws come loose, so I didn't make a habit of it until after the nails were out.

Sweatpants

Hi sweatpants.
how much do you lengthening?
I am planning 5, 5,5 in tibias with salameh.
Cheers, and i hope you have very good recovery.
paco.

I have 4 cm on my tibia.

paco1

sweatpants, do you have any knee pain?
i am thinking in fitbone in my tibias.
cheers paco.

ramujp17

hi mdow, i am planning to join the police force but my height is 2 cms short and i thought of doing 4 cm of LON on tibia, although i only need 2cm to qualify for the selection but what worries me is the medical checkup and the hard training, do u think 2 cm lengthening is possible without loosing all the effects of the legs like before surgery???pls help
current height-163 cm dream height-167 cm

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

I don't know how 2cm or 4cm will affect you, sorry.  I just know how 7.5cm affected me.

joax

Hey Medium Drink of Water.

I have a question. How has LL affected your walking speed? Do you feel slower? Do you have any pain when you walk? What about flexibility in your legs?

Thanks a lot.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

My walking speed is about the same as before.  Same with running.  I don't have pain when I walk, but I get tired more easily when I run.

Flexibility-wise, I used to be able to put my palms on the floor.  Now I can only get the tips of my fingers on the floor.  I lost about 3" of reach, the same amount I lengthened.

ant

My walking speed is faster now my legs are longer.  Longer strides I guess. 

I can not run because I get pain.   I can jog very small distance and stop and then run again and then stop. 

Flexibility.     I have tight  knees and can not touch my toes.  When I stretch I get nerve pain

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

How long ago was your surgery ant?

ant

About 6 years ago in India.   Might be 7 years ago.  Problem was ilizarov treatment in India.  Mitkovic has given me some free treatments to help me recover somewhat.  A lot of treatment has been doing cheaply such as tibia re alignment, tendon lengthening, some scar removal, ankle arthroscopy    I'm still got muscle contractures so have limited motion but I can walk without anybody noticing I have a problem 

crimsontide

well...

ant... hope u recover more

i made a bad decision, and now will need left leg realigned

im not in any pain though... just the  outside of my left foot isa bit numb currently, but no pain or loss of function

just pissed i need left leg  aligned

what surgeries do you need?

ant

I need left femur rotating slightly and that would fix my left tibia misalignment a bit better.  Some knee damage, not too sure what.  I need Achilles' tendon lengthening again.  I can get flat feet to walk but I feel my legs wanting to get into ballerina position again.
I still have 2 broken pins sitting in my bone that need removing.
I need something so I can bend my knees more aswell. I have lost about 30% knee motion.

Taller

Ant, was LL worth it for you, despite everything it's made you endure?

crimsontide

ant,,..

i read a few of your posts

people need to read this... some ballerina issues are permant unless you get surgery... people need to realize this... i had surgery, seems to have fixed it, but ant is correct

ant, you need more lengthening??

and did you lenthen both femurs and tibias?

ant

For me it's been worthwhile confidence wise .  I love the extra height but the financial cost, time, life long problems etc all seem to effect my close loved ones aswell. I seem very selfish for doing this. Life would have been a million times easier for me if I didn't do leg lengthening.   My children would never be bothered if I was short   All they want is a daddy they can play with.   I married my wife at 5ft 5inches talk and was together about 5 years before I did leg lengthening.  I never needed leg lengthening. It was just a added bonus.  I had everything , family, house , money etc. leg lengthening was just a added bonus.  The only mistake I made was going to India. If I went to serbia in the first place, I would have recovered very well and be taller and would have spent a lot less money and time on doing this

ant

I lengthened both Tibias and femurs.   Tibias were lengthened about 2 cm more and then gained on my Tibias through re aligning them aswell so Tibias could well be 4 cm too long than my femurs    and you can tell the difference     I think you need to keep original individual tibia to femur ratio for athletic performance.   I think if I lengthened my femurs some more then that would help a little yes for balance and running. 

Achilles' tendon was lengthened approximately 7 cm via a plasty and I think I need about 4 cm more.

crimsontide

ant,

can you not put your heels on the floor?

ant

Yes my heels are flat no problem.  The problem is when the calf muscle is tired and starts to become tight I want to start standing on my top toes like a ballerina.  My ankles do not bend backwards so walking uphill is a knightmare. Stairs are a problem as each ankles bends a different amount

ant

Ankles will go to 90 degrees maximum. No more even if I jump on them and I weigh 220lbs. They are solid at 90 degrees
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up