Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have questions you'd like to ask someone who had LL six years ago? Ask them here  (Read 160079 times)

ItsMyLife

None of those are actually going to make the scars into thin white lines like excision does.  I don't have any experience with any of those methods.

Yup excision might be the best bet.. but those modalities are pretty powerful. I had some puncture scars from liposuction.. hypertrophic. Steroid injections do wonders. then fade them with retin -A and all.

Regarding plyometrics, what was the problem? was it the muscles get sore and tired easily? that really sucks... Also, any issue with muscle response time after so many years?? Do you think, if you really wanted, you could do plyometrics and gradually build up?

Thank you for offering your perspectives after so long your surgery... You are very kind and helpful.

Puertoricanwasp123

Did you have inconvenient stuff happen to you such as vomiting or perhaps catching a flu? Never?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Yup excision might be the best bet.. but those modalities are pretty powerful. I had some puncture scars from liposuction.. hypertrophic. Steroid injections do wonders. then fade them with retin -A and all.

Regarding plyometrics, what was the problem? was it the muscles get sore and tired easily? that really sucks... Also, any issue with muscle response time after so many years?? Do you think, if you really wanted, you could do plyometrics and gradually build up?

Thank you for offering your perspectives after so long your surgery... You are very kind and helpful.

Yeah, when I try those jumping exercises I'm slow and get fatigued really quickly.  I don't know if I could gradually build up or not.  I'm not a fan of high-impact exercises in the first place.  Right now I'm doing HASfit's HIIT workouts which only have a little plyo in them.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

hey medium , do you think one person could run 50 meters in less than 8 seconds if he has done LL with longer tibias than femurs?

LL didn't affect my top speed, it affected my endurance.  So if that person could do it before I think they could still do it after.

Morgenst.

Endurance how so? That's a bit of a concern because I'm a long distance runner

ItsMyLife

Yeah, when I try those jumping exercises I'm slow and get fatigued really quickly.  I don't know if I could gradually build up or not.  I'm not a fan of high-impact exercises in the first place.  Right now I'm doing HASfit's HIIT workouts which only have a little plyo in them.

Thanks MDOW. I will speak to more doctors regarding loss of athletic abilities.

You mentioned that muscle reaction time is slower?? Ie, the nerve fibres are not as active? Just wanna confirm did I get you right.

You seem to have a rather average starting tibia length, similar to mine. So if you did 7.5 cm and had problems with athleticism, I might decide to stop at 6-7 cm instead.

Uppland

MDoW some people have been talking of aging rapidly during the surgery. Did you notice anything like that?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

MDoW some people have been talking of aging rapidly during the surgery. Did you notice anything like that?

Not at all, that's just crazy talk.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

You mentioned that muscle reaction time is slower?? Ie, the nerve fibres are not as active? Just wanna confirm did I get you right.

It's not the nerve fibers or anything like that.  It's just that a longer leg is more difficult to move.  Imagine swinging a baseball bat.  Now imagine that the bat is 3" longer.  The bat is going to be more unwieldy and harder to swing.  That's what happened to my legs.  It's an anatomical issue.

ItsMyLife

It's not the nerve fibers or anything like that.  It's just that a longer leg is more difficult to move.  Imagine swinging a baseball bat.  Now imagine that the bat is 3" longer.  The bat is going to be more unwieldy and harder to swing.  That's what happened to my legs.  It's an anatomical issue.

then wouldn't guys with naturally longer legs possibly have the same problem?
I think long tibias are very dangerous for jumping high especially if alignment is wrong. if you land wrongly, you might break a bone...

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

I think guys with naturally longer legs have the musculature to handle the bodies they were born with.  The unnatural addition of 3 inches, especially in adulthood, causes the issue.

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
Balance & Agility
« Reply #352 on: August 03, 2015, 05:25:05 AM »

I read some posts from Medium Drink of Water in regards to his loss of agility and balance. I don't mean to be naive but, when you state loss of agility and balance are you specifically referring to like standing and being used to your 'new' legs? I can definitely understand somewhat the concept if you were to only lengthen your legs without lengthening your torso that things would start to become a bit off.

Secondly on agility, (this means a bit to me) do you guys have major problems with your limbs in athletics? I'd intend to continue working out at the gym, box, and run after an LL if I were to engage in such a procedure.
weeeee!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Balance & Agility
« Reply #353 on: August 03, 2015, 07:37:44 AM »

Standing is fine.  When moving around and twisting my body at an angle, such as when I get into and out of a car, I can sometimes wobble a tiny bit if I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing.

Your gym workouts likely won't be affected much if at all.  Your running might be a little worse than it is now.  I think your footspeed while boxing will take the biggest hit in terms of performance.

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
« Reply #354 on: August 03, 2015, 10:03:13 PM »

Standing is fine.  When moving around and twisting my body at an angle, such as when I get into and out of a car, I can sometimes wobble a tiny bit if I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing.

Your gym workouts likely won't be affected much if at all.  Your running might be a little worse than it is now.  I think your footspeed while boxing will take the biggest hit in terms of performance.

What's the wobbling like? Is it distracting and something noticeable?
weeeee!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #355 on: August 03, 2015, 10:31:19 PM »

It's like slightly losing your balance. It's very mild.

drewicz

« Reply #356 on: August 04, 2015, 11:56:27 AM »

Better for balance is do tibia or femur?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #357 on: August 04, 2015, 09:03:28 PM »

I don't think it matters.  If your legs are getting longer by a certain amount, your center of gravity is getting raised the same amount regardless of which segment you're doing.

theuprising

Hey Mdow, I think it's great you have this thread as it's been so helpful to many members.

My questions is regarding your motivations to continue to visit the LL forums where many veterans usually move
on after a year and never heard from again. What keeps you coming back? Do you plan to have more LL in future?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Originally I came back to LL forums because I wanted to write my diary/patient experience, which I didn't get a chance to do while I was doing LL because of my falling out with old forum.  I stay a member here because I enjoy being part of the LL community.  LL was a time of growth and change in my life, and hanging out with all you guys (and gals) brings some of that magic back.  As long as people are still interested in what I have to say about LL, I'll continue to hang out here.

If I suddenly came into some money (this came up in the thread about winning the lottery,) I'd lengthen my femurs by 5cm to get to an even 6 feet tall.  It's in the back of my mind would be cool to do, but I probably won't.

theuprising

If I suddenly came into some money (this came up in the thread about winning the lottery,) I'd lengthen my femurs by 5cm to get to an even 6 feet tall.  It's in the back of my mind would be cool to do, but I probably won't.

Having read what you've posted on your proportions I think it would be a good idea. You said you have a knee height of 60cm at 178cm tall which is the average knee height of a man who is 190cm. (http://msis.jsc.nasa.gov/sections/section03.htm)

I haven't seen any pictures of you or what your wingspan/torso length is like but it would balance you out a bit more I believe.

TIBIKE200

here is a shallow question.

Did LL changed in any way your success with girls? Or men (if you are a girl or gay)?

I learned some stuff during this time

Deads

here is a shallow question.

Did LL changed in any way your success with girls? Or men (if you are a girl or gay)?

Haha I love how you're non-discriminatory when it comes to homosexuality.

... i don't think that gay men have the same inclinations towards height as do females.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

What was the recovery period like after your fasciotomy for CECS? I'm hoping it won't be necessary for me later, but who knows once I start running again. I wouldn't be surprised if I get CECS since I already had thick calf muscles and lengthening probably increased the risk of it.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Alu

It's been a month without you buddy. Hope things are going well for you. (I'm sure they are mate)

guichethope

Sorry but what is CECS ?

BiggestProblem

Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

guichethope

ahahahahahah well done mat e ;D
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up