Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LATN Femurs - Dr Singh  (Read 98919 times)

bluebarbie

Re: LATN Femurs - Dr Singh
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2015, 06:24:38 PM »

Today b4 going out.
Tip for instant scar removal......With concealer or thick makeup. Apply a thin layer on the edge of them and stroke to blend them in with normal skin color. And for the darker, more visible middle areas..put some relevent amount on them and use ur finger and tap or rub gently on the scars.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:29:05 PM by bluebarbie »
Latn with Dr Sarbjit Singh(Singapore)
Surgery dates: first (10.01.2015), second (16.07.2015)
Lenghtening finished (01.05.2015)
Starting height 145cms, Goal 7 to 7.5cms
Achieved 7.9cms. Lenghtened 8.4cms so lost only 5mms on second internal nailing surgery.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2015, 06:39:56 PM »

You're looking great, bluebarbie. Can't even tell from the pics thwt you had any surgery. How is your knee rom now?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Penguinn

« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2015, 06:47:59 PM »

Looking phenomenal. ;) Your legs look a tiny bit longer(maybe it's because I know you did LL) but that's a good thing on a girl.

bluebarbie

« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2015, 06:49:23 PM »

You're looking great, bluebarbie. Can't even tell from the pics thwt you had any surgery. How is your knee rom now?

thank you..dear.
umm i think its about 77 degrees..what do u think? The picture is landscape so the one with less rom is hidden. Drag it out to compare the two. I havent been to the physio center lately so i couldnt measure it properly yet.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:16:49 PM by bluebarbie »
Achieved 7.9cms. Lenghtened 8.4cms so lost only 5mms on second internal nailing surgery.

bluebarbie

« Reply #159 on: September 09, 2015, 06:15:49 AM »

image upload no size limit
The above pictures give an image of what i have been doing these days. I have been working out my legs and using them more lately. The achived ranges have become more adaptive and flexible. But i havent increased my roms much yet. They seem really restricted around 80. I dont dare to push them harder yet as it has been only 53 days post nail change. I m always concened that i might bend my nail or screws accidendtly.
It has neen two days since i started hydrotherapy. The pool is also heated so i feel relaxed and much better after getting in it. Actually it is a jacuzzi attached to a gym. In our country we dont have hydrotherapy pools at pt centers.
I have noticed my belly fat, my arms and shoulders getting thicker due to using them alot and atrophy of my butt (gluteus maximus). So i have started to hit the gym too.
I wake up at 7:00, get to the gym first working on my belly, my gluteus and strengthen all femur muscles and hip flexors then get in the pool. There i swim lightly, walk around and squat holding on to the pool side to not put too much weight on my legs. I stretch for a while then take a shower, get back home pushing myself for two more knee bending sessions lasting one and a half hour each. Yesterday after getting out of the pool i noticed a popping sound coming from my right knee just underneath the pattela inside the joint with no pain or swelling. But i got so scared that i burst into tears and contacted dr Singh. But the knee is noticely bending more and smoother along with the poppings. They only come when i bend them actively (using my own strength) but when i relax and bend or straighten them with the help there is no sound. So i just hoped it is coming from the tendons or lingaments inside the joint. Will update again after getting x rays in a few days and appointment with dr Singh.

bluebarbie

« Reply #160 on: September 09, 2015, 06:24:00 AM »

Hi Bluebarbie! Congratulations! You have very beautiful long legs now! You look like a beautiful doll. Just let us know about your progress with scars and ROM. Cheers :D
Thank you so much dear. The only problem now is knee bending. Its also like a barrior coz only when i regain full flexion that i would be having scar removal.  :(

Taller

« Reply #161 on: September 09, 2015, 04:47:47 PM »

Your proportions are the best I have ever seen after 8CM.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #162 on: September 09, 2015, 08:52:23 PM »

Hopefully Dr Singh will have good news for you and the popping sound isn't serious. You look to be doing well with your rehab and as Taller said, your proportions are awesome. After reading about how bad some external/LATN femur patients had it, it's good to see that you're moving around and enjoying yourself. Wish you well on your continuing recovery.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2015, 09:55:05 PM »

Another great update by bluebarbie. :)

Thanks for sharing your experience with us here.  External femurs isn't something that's done often, so your diary is especially useful to people considering that procedure.

bluebarbie

« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2015, 05:53:20 AM »

Xrays are from yesterday. Dr singh increased me to 40 percent of weightbear.
We have obsevered the popping sound too. It is coming from the patella and still there when i use the joint. Dr singh said it is because of tight muscles and lingaments and will go away soon so it is nothing to worry. The roms are increasing too but very very slow and little. I'll update for them in a few days time.

Mw1245

« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2015, 04:08:55 PM »

One the one leg you have a little bit misaligment ? Will that go after time away or do you need any correction ?

bluebarbie

« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2015, 03:12:12 AM »

It's from the lateral side. Human femurs are also naturally bent from that view. You can see the front views are all very well aligned. Ive read that they do remodel after some years for slight misalignments.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:11:47 AM by bluebarbie »

Mw1245

« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2015, 10:23:43 PM »

Oh good to know and yes they are looking good. I wish you all the best :-)

bluebarbie

« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2015, 06:17:34 AM »

The two photos are 17 days apart. One was from my last update about them on 30th aug and the other was from yesterday exactly two months from nail exchange. That is the result from working 6 hours daily. I m getting really tired and sometimes upset. But i m commited to it and i know i have to work no matter what. I try my best to stay positive and motivated each and everyday to regain those motions back in the soonest time.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 06:47:32 AM by bluebarbie »

bluebarbie

« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2015, 06:21:19 AM »

my gym time.

bluebarbie

« Reply #170 on: September 30, 2015, 03:47:17 AM »

Two months and a half today. Im still lingering around this range. Two days ago i started try to pull my tib towards my thigh as it is very near to 90 degrees and easier to do so. But some of the problems i m facing now is when i try to push further i am scared and started feeling like the nail is bending or is it my thought i dont know. I got scared and i dont dare to push further yet. And there is this lill pain coming from my inner joints. The pain is only there when the ranges get in between 85 to 90. The popping sound is nearly gone but still there sometimes.
I can bend nearly 90 but the range is not usable yet. Only about 40 to 50 is smooth and usable. The other half got stiff and shrank back when not in use for a while.
Thank you very much to those who are there to reassure and support me when i m feeling down. I def need them. And please if there is any information about those knee contrature after ex femur lenghtening you guys know please provide me with it, the exercises and time commitments and tips i need to know, i would really appreciate that.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 04:09:41 AM by bluebarbie »

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2015, 06:23:20 AM »

I know what you mean about being worried the nail will bend, and that affecting how hard you push yourself.  It was the same for me.  Once you get that nail out you can start really pushing yourself hard.  It will take a really, really long time to recover from LL.  Don't get discouraged.

bluebarbie

« Reply #172 on: September 30, 2015, 01:04:15 PM »

I know what you mean about being worried the nail will bend, and that affecting how hard you push yourself.  It was the same for me.  Once you get that nail out you can start really pushing yourself hard.
Hi , mdow.
Did you also experience contracture like me. ? I thought u did tibs. 

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2015, 04:51:19 PM »

Yes, I did tibias but I went through a similar issue with my ankles.  Fortunately for me, I could force the ankle to bend just by walking since that put my whole body weight on the tendons.  When you walk, are you able to use your body weight to your advantage in the same way?  Walking and using the body's weight helped me more than any form of PT or stretching.

bluebarbie

« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2015, 05:42:51 AM »

When you walk, are you able to use your body weight to your advantage in the same way?  Walking and using the body's weight helped me more than any form of PT or stretching.
I see what ya mean. For me, I do squats but I'm not yet allowed full weight bearing so I do it only during water therapy.

bluebarbie

« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2015, 05:30:38 AM »

Not much of an update. Just a motivational post for myself. I have now gained back my figure from working out. The knee bending hasnt improved much yet. It is very close to 90 but has been lingering around that range for quite a time that i have been depressed lately. I feel like i have no energy to move on anymore. But ill keep on working, keep pushing myself but  ill give it a rest for a while. Just for a while coz i really need a break. Has been working my a.s out for 10 months now. Full time..hardest work u could ever imagine..with pain and sh.t ...this is just ridiculous.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2015, 10:15:20 AM »

Nice pics
Now how about your gait?
Could you walk properly now?

bluebarbie

« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2015, 10:35:04 AM »

Thanks,
 I still have to walk with crutches other than in pool so i dont know for sure yet but because of locked tight knee movements allowing only around 40 degrees  roms when walking I have to struggle abit even with crutches.

goldenegg

« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2015, 02:45:38 PM »

bluebarbie you look great!  you are proof longer legs are definitely more attractive on women  :)

are you able to do the stationary bike at all?  I think that's really helped me with getting some knee flexion back since it lets you get a ton of repetitions in.  if your current knee rom is very limited, you can set the bike seat higher and over time lower the seat to increase knee flexion.  that's what I've been in addition to stretching.  I know it's tough to stay motivated and it's been an especially long road for you but know that you'll get there eventually with all your hard work and have all the benefits of being taller and looking good!     

bluebarbie

« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2015, 02:16:20 PM »

Hi Goldenegg, I tried to bike but couldn't..It was quite difficult as the smooth and available range for me is like only around 40 degrees but I couldn't remember if I adjusted the seat to higher level or not. Tomorrow when I get to the gym, I'll def try it again. Thank u so much, dear. I really need every lil advice available out there. The progress has been unsatisfying  and slowing down over time. I spend six or more hours working on it every day for the whole 10 months. I can't even bend my knees past 90 degrees yet. Itsnt it just too much. I have also tried every stretching technique available on the Internet.. Maybe it's just that I have been trying too hard.? Maybe it's just that I have been pushing too hard.? I m just sooo confused and have no idea with myself on how to overcome this situation.

bluebarbie

« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2015, 05:49:08 AM »

My current Rom. Note that the range is still not useable. I only reach it when i pull hard enough and giving it about 30 to 45 minutes each session.
I also bought dinasplint knee brace for improving flexion about ten days ago. I still cant tell the benefits of it yet. I intended to wear it several hours a day but still cant. Its like i mentioned b4.... when i keep my knee bent for several hours, the medial and inner parts of my knees start to hurt. The most i can keep them bent at 75 degrees on dynasplint is around one and a half hours. The pain is only there when i keep it bent exceeding the smooth range of around 50. What i dont like about that brace is that there are only 5 available degrees which u can keep ur knee locked, each gap only 15 degrees apart. So thats why i have to keep my knees at 75 coz the next lock available is only at  90. And there is no further lock available beyond 90 degrees. Actually i am around 80 so its quite disturbing. I'll try to find a solution about it soon.

bluebarbie

« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2015, 06:21:11 AM »

are you able to do the stationary bike at all?  I think that's really helped me with getting some knee flexion back since it lets you get a ton of repetitions in.  if your current knee rom is very limited, you can set the bike seat higher and over time lower the seat to increase knee flexion.  that's what I've been in addition to stretching.

Today I tried again to bike but it's not working yet. I tried setting the seat higher and tried pushing it backwards too but either way it doesn't work. I need more flexion to be able to do it. But anyway thanks for the advice.

goldenegg

« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2015, 05:57:57 PM »

Today I tried again to bike but it's not working yet. I tried setting the seat higher and tried pushing it backwards too but either way it doesn't work. I need more flexion to be able to do it. But anyway thanks for the advice.

ah sorry that wasn't helpful bluebarbie.  I guess you need a decent amount of knee flexion to begin with even if the seat is really high.  I'll let you know if I think of anything else, but best of luck with your PT!  I'm confident you'll get there eventually with your dedication

G-Man

« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2015, 07:13:59 PM »

Did you try the elliptical?  With your current rom I think it might be ideal before the bike.

bluebarbie

« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2015, 08:56:35 AM »

Hi, G-Man.
   I tried the elliptical today at the gym. There are several types available. Two of them are suitable for me. It was quite easy to walk on them. But its more like warm up exercise for me. Still i'll use it every gym session from now on. It strenghtens my overall leg musces. Thanks alot for ur advie, fri.

bluebarbie

« Reply #185 on: October 26, 2015, 10:47:21 AM »

Yesterday was 102 days past nail exchange.
Had an xray, met with Dr Singh and also had an appointment with a doctor from Italy for scar revision.
Xrays were good and I was allowed around 70 % of weight bear. So I bought a pair of walking sticks yesterday and started using them instead of my elbow crutches.
For my scars, I have to go for surgery. The pinsite ones are deep and sunken so I also need a fatgraft to resurface them again. But i was told that one of them is still not yet ready for surgery until afew months later. I need to give them intensive massage during this time.
I'll also be meeting another plastic surgeon from Korea the end of this month so that I can compare and decide for better option.
The last but not the least comes my knee Roms. ...
I was sick and quite depressed for the past few days and week and wasn't into doing the knee bendings properly. But interestingly they improved like never before. I m not too tight or stiff to move around in the mornings and more mobIle and easy to do things on my own. The smooth range that is available to use has increased incredibly like around 60 to 70. I can bend them to like 80 in about 10 minutes time,  anytime, even early in the mornings. And i reach to like 85 to 90 in 25 mins without pulling hard. So it seems like I had been doing them all wrong from the start. I had been stretching and bending them way too much and way too hard than they can allow and causing them pain and stress so that they tend to get stiff and tight making it more difficult to start doing it all over again the next morning. I was so much in a hurry and over stretching them all the way until now.
And another thing that I have been doing differently is that I put my knee locked bent in knee brace and as soon as i put myself in an arched position, I fell tightness and tension on my quads. So only now I have also been properly stretching my quads for about 30 mins a day for the past week. I think it may also be a contribute for my improvement. But the lesson I have learnt is that u can't be in a hurry when it comes to stretching. Thanks u guys and will update later.

ps: I lost my ph last week and lost all the photos and videos. But found it gain the next day crushed over by car and now still trying to recover the files so thats why this time I came up with no photos. :-[ :-[ :'(. I also have a video of me walking , will try to upload it later.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up