Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: 9 centimeters on tibias with Dr. Barinov, Volgograd-Russia  (Read 408190 times)

KrP1

Re: 9 centimeters on tibias with Dr. Barinov, Volgograd-Russia
« Reply #465 on: June 01, 2014, 12:18:15 PM »

Yeah good  news man. Happy for you

imane75

• Visitor
« Reply #466 on: June 01, 2014, 05:33:52 PM »

Hello Rgkey !

I have to congratulate you on your newspaper ,Who tells your experiencein Russia !
I am 30 years old , I live in France, I have a genu varum (legs in O)
Can you tell me  pleases if you met patients in private hospital for legs correction, at the end what is of what he managed to have healthy legs very straight ?
Which are the errors that they made avoid ?
I hope that you understand me because I use the translator, I speak just French

I hope that soon you can go back home healthy :)

Thank you very much

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #467 on: June 01, 2014, 09:29:16 PM »

Hello Rgkey !

I have to congratulate you on your newspaper ,Who tells your experiencein Russia !
I am 30 years old , I live in France, I have a genu varum (legs in O)
Can you tell me  pleases if you met patients in private hospital for legs correction, at the end what is of what he managed to have healthy legs very straight ?
Which are the errors that they made avoid ?
I hope that you understand me because I use the translator, I speak just French

I hope that soon you can go back home healthy :)

Thank you very much

Hey man!! Im so sorry I didn't answer you before!! I completely forgot about you! Im not home now but as soon as I get home ill send you an email and maybe we can chat on skype. I didn't mean to ignore you or anything like that. Thanx for contacting me again!
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

imane75

• Visitor
« Reply #468 on: June 01, 2014, 10:36:50 PM »

Hey RGKEY! There n is no problem! The most importing that you are good:) I am satisfied for you that everything passed well! And you returned well into your house after these long month in Russia! I shall never have the courage to make what you made! You are brave I tell you in French : Bravo !

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #469 on: June 02, 2014, 07:32:17 AM »

i dont understand you question...((

Catheter, you know the tube thing they put into your penis so that your pee can be drained freely from the bladder? Or did you not have one after the initial surgery?

G-Man

« Reply #470 on: June 02, 2014, 02:46:34 PM »

some updates:::

So I contact dr. barinov and told him about my left leg. He answered and said that he will fix it, and I can come to the clinic at any time. So at least it will be fixed!)). Maybe Ill come in 2 months, i can not leave for so long my job. Maybe what Ill do is have the surgery and correction and come back home for consolidation, I sent to him and email on this regards, so will see what happens.

Good news indeed!  It must have taken a huge weight off your shoulders!

RGKEY

« Reply #471 on: June 02, 2014, 03:45:09 PM »

Catheter, you know the tube thing they put into your penis so that your pee can be drained freely from the bladder? Or did you not have one after the initial surgery?

oh yeah!! i got that not pleasant!
RGKEY 2.0

RGKEY

« Reply #472 on: June 02, 2014, 03:45:50 PM »

Good news indeed!  It must have taken a huge weight off your shoulders!

yeah absolutely!)
RGKEY 2.0

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #473 on: June 03, 2014, 01:42:45 AM »

Not sure if you've already stated but did the bowleg happen when you were still in Russia or did it happen once you got back home?
Was it there when the frames were still on?

RGKEY

« Reply #474 on: June 03, 2014, 01:45:12 AM »

Not sure if you've already stated but did the bowleg happen when you were still in Russia or did it happen once you got back home?
Was it there when the frames were still on?

it happened when i was back home. with frames this never happens.
RGKEY 2.0

Wannabegiant

« Reply #475 on: June 04, 2014, 03:02:44 PM »

hey RgKey im happy for you about the good news that you will get your bowed leg fixed.

Just a question for you, my only fear left of this LL process, is that they might remove my frames before they are hard enough, so that i might lose some of my height gain after i remove them. They tell me that i might lose one mm or 2 at most but i shouldnt lose anything. However they also tell me that im not allowed to do heavy lifting where i put to much pressure on the legs for a long time after frame removal (they werent specific but it sounded like i should avoid it for almost a year  :o), so that implies that enough pressure at that point would still be able to compress the legs and lose height.

Im just worried about what i should be able to do after frame removal and how careful i need to be and for how long. Im sure they will tell me this but im not sure anything can be completely trustworthy because its so individual i guess. I suppose i should not jump and not run for at least a few months after frame removal, but im almost considering keeping the frames for longer in that case so i dont have to constantly worry about losing height.

I know your doctor told you that you need to use the crutches for a while after frame removal, what other instructions and restrictions did he give you? If the leg can get bowed from pressure like yours did then i assume to much pressure could also compress the bone, or am i wrong? Did the doctor warn you about the risk of subsidence/height loss?

Thank you for you help mate and good luck recovering!

GeTs

« Reply #476 on: June 04, 2014, 03:17:29 PM »

I'm more worried about bow leg than height loss,in this case u just lengthen 0.4mm more, but with bow leg u have to do another surgery and have frames on again

Wannabegiant

« Reply #477 on: June 04, 2014, 04:22:44 PM »

I'm more worried about bow leg than height loss,in this case u just lengthen 0.4mm more, but with bow leg u have to do another surgery and have frames on again

But the height loss you get after frame removal, at that point it is to late to regain that height unless you want to break the bone again, and if you mean that you lengthen 0.4 cm extra before removing the frames to compensate for the loss..well the thing is im worried if there is a risk of losing more if you put to much pressure on the legs, some studies have reported bigger losses than a few mm, and even though they where unreliable you cant be sure enough when there is so much at stake.

Moubgf

« Reply #478 on: June 04, 2014, 04:43:50 PM »

Wannabegiant, What are you saying. That through all that pain i may not get the Cm i came there for an payed a hefty price for it?.

http://northwesteliteindex.com/images/may12/3.jpg

Check the guy in the middle to the right. His proportions is all legs and he is 6'1ish

GeTs

« Reply #479 on: June 04, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »

Wannabegiant, What are you saying. That through all that pain i may not get the Cm i came there for an payed a hefty price for it?.

http://northwesteliteindex.com/images/may12/3.jpg

Check the guy in the middle to the right. His proportions is all legs and he is 6'1ish
if u told me he did LL, I'd believe u

RGKEY

« Reply #480 on: June 04, 2014, 08:55:01 PM »

hey RgKey im happy for you about the good news that you will get your bowed leg fixed.

Just a question for you, my only fear left of this LL process, is that they might remove my frames before they are hard enough, so that i might lose some of my height gain after i remove them. They tell me that i might lose one mm or 2 at most but i shouldnt lose anything. However they also tell me that im not allowed to do heavy lifting where i put to much pressure on the legs for a long time after frame removal (they werent specific but it sounded like i should avoid it for almost a year  :o), so that implies that enough pressure at that point would still be able to compress the legs and lose height.

Im just worried about what i should be able to do after frame removal and how careful i need to be and for how long. Im sure they will tell me this but im not sure anything can be completely trustworthy because its so individual i guess. I suppose i should not jump and not run for at least a few months after frame removal, but im almost considering keeping the frames for longer in that case so i dont have to constantly worry about losing height.

I know your doctor told you that you need to use the crutches for a while after frame removal, what other instructions and restrictions did he give you? If the leg can get bowed from pressure like yours did then i assume to much pressure could also compress the bone, or am i wrong? Did the doctor warn you about the risk of subsidence/height loss?

Thank you for you help mate and good luck recovering!

don't height, it should not happened, when they remove the frames is because the bone at least in 2 or 3 ways is completely consolidated,so it is technically impossible to lose height from compressing the bone from weight. What can happen is what happened to me, with the bone can bend. My doctor said, the bone will be strong enough to keep your weight vertically but other movements can make the bone bend because the new bone will not be strong as your old bone until at least 6 months  to 1 year. So yeah my doc told me to no jump or do aports for 1 year. so yeah that is correct. again you shouldnt lose any height.
RGKEY 2.0

Sweden

« Reply #481 on: June 04, 2014, 09:37:47 PM »

I lost around 2cm.

Either that or Dr Sarin turned the device back to improve my tendon healing.

My doctor in Sweden told me I gained just a little bit more than 7cm.
I turned 7,4cm.

My right ankle is permanently ruined.
X-legs makes my knees hurt if I walk a couple of hours.
This part sucks really bad!!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

GeTs

« Reply #482 on: June 04, 2014, 10:16:51 PM »

don't height, it should not happened, when they remove the frames is because the bone at least in 2 or 3 ways is completely consolidated,so it is technically impossible to lose height from compressing the bone from weight. What can happen is what happened to me, with the bone can bend. My doctor said, the bone will be strong enough to keep your weight vertically but other movements can make the bone bend because the new bone will not be strong as your old bone until at least 6 months  to 1 year. So yeah my doc told me to no jump or do aports for 1 year. so yeah that is correct. again you shouldnt lose any height.
I assume that happened because u did 9 cm , I believe if u do less , say 5 , the curvature shouldn't be that noticeable, as there will be less pressure, plus I'm quit skinny myself so I just hope it won't happen to me

KrP1

« Reply #483 on: June 04, 2014, 10:31:12 PM »

I lost around 2cm.

I turned 7,4cm.

Why did you lost so much? Because xlegs?

Taller

« Reply #484 on: June 04, 2014, 10:53:30 PM »

if u told me he did LL, I'd believe u

I wouldn't. His arms are too long to be those of a former LL patient. People with long torsos (normal looking after LL) almost always have short arms and legs. People with very long arms usually have very long legs to begin with. In my experience, it's very rare to find a person with a long torso, very long arms, but short legs. That would be the ideal LL candidate though. Swimmer usually have this build though, but they are usually also very tall naturally (lucky!).

Wannabegiant

« Reply #485 on: June 05, 2014, 04:56:48 AM »

I lost around 2cm.

I turned 7,4cm.

When you say you lost 2 cm, do you mean after frame removal from subsidence? seems impossible in your case since you have internal rods in your bones.

Also if you mean pin bending loss, that would make your loss ca 0.4 cm. So it seems im missing something here..

Wannabegiant

« Reply #486 on: June 05, 2014, 05:02:52 AM »

Okey thanks sounds logical.. But since they mentioned that i should avoud weight lifting that put to much pressure on the legs for a long time, like the leg press or deadlift, that implicates to me at least that there is a risk of compressing the bone a bit, but maybe the risk is actually that it could bend, but if it bends that could lead to height loss i guess..

When they say 6 months to a year, do they mean from the date of surgery, or that time starting after the date of frame removal? :p

RGKEY

« Reply #487 on: June 05, 2014, 11:15:38 AM »

Okey thanks sounds logical.. But since they mentioned that i should avoud weight lifting that put to much pressure on the legs for a long time, like the leg press or deadlift, that implicates to me at least that there is a risk of compressing the bone a bit, but maybe the risk is actually that it could bend, but if it bends that could lead to height loss i guess..

When they say 6 months to a year, do they mean from the date of surgery, or that time starting after the date of frame removal? :p

no doctor in his right mind would remove frames if the bone isnt strong enough. the only reason why you should avoid weight lifting or other activies is for bending, and I guess you could lose some height for that, how much? i dont know. I dont know what is the method of your doctor but mine, about amonth pre frames removal, he took all the tension out from my frames, so all the weight was going on my bones, and i was able to carry 20 kilograms gallons with water every day and walk. the doctor said it was completely safe because i still had the frames on and the rods prevented my bones from bending, but vertically i was walking 100% on my bones, and i didnt lose any height. is 6 months after they remove your frames. at least 6months. maybe you a little less since you only lengthened 4cms
RGKEY 2.0

Wannabegiant

« Reply #488 on: June 05, 2014, 11:36:44 AM »

no doctor in his right mind would remove frames if the bone isnt strong enough. the only reason why you should avoid weight lifting or other activies is for bending, and I guess you could lose some height for that, how much? i dont know. I dont know what is the method of your doctor but mine, about amonth pre frames removal, he took all the tension out from my frames, so all the weight was going on my bones, and i was able to carry 20 kilograms gallons with water every day and walk. the doctor said it was completely safe because i still had the frames on and the rods prevented my bones from bending, but vertically i was walking 100% on my bones, and i didnt lose any height. is 6 months after they remove your frames. at least 6months. maybe you a little less since you only lengthened 4cms

okey thank you for the info man, sounds very reassuring  :D, i dont think Dr Bagirov uses that method of switching the weight load onto the bones vertically before removing the frames.

Do you know what the reason for doing that is? does it speed up consolidation further?
(since your bone was already hard enough to carry weight vertically, i assume this method improves the hardening of the bone horizontally to improve its resistance to bending)

RGKEY

« Reply #489 on: June 05, 2014, 11:46:12 AM »

okey thank you for the info man, sounds very reassuring  :D, i dont think Dr Bagirov uses that method of switching the weight load onto the bones vertically before removing the frames.

Do you know what the reason for doing that is? does it speed up consolidation further?
(since your bone was already hard enough to carry weight vertically, i assume this method improves the hardening of the bone horizontally to improve its resistance to bending)

two reasons...

first, what it is done, is actually, they make you turn back slowly maybe 90 degrees a day, so slowly so little by little the pins get lose and your weight lands on the bones. by the end of two weeks or 3 there will be no tension at all on the pins. this is done to get the bone use to your weight slowly and also helps consolidation a lot.
RGKEY 2.0

Blackhawk

« Reply #490 on: June 06, 2014, 12:30:05 AM »

Hey RGKEY,

Were you able to ride a bike with those frames on?

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #491 on: June 06, 2014, 06:01:20 AM »

Hey RGKEY, what do you do at home these days in terms of rehab? Do you see a physio on a weekly basis or are you just doing rehab on your own atm?

RGKEY

« Reply #492 on: June 06, 2014, 01:52:54 PM »

Hey RGKEY,

Were you able to ride a bike with those frames on?

bike? no i didnt try, but im sure is possible, it would bad ass thou hehe
RGKEY 2.0

RGKEY

« Reply #493 on: June 06, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »

Hey RGKEY, what do you do at home these days in terms of rehab? Do you see a physio on a weekly basis or are you just doing rehab on your own atm?

just swimming, walking and stretching, that is all
RGKEY 2.0

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #494 on: June 07, 2014, 07:45:10 AM »

Do you think physio is needed once back home during the consolidation phase? Or walking and doing stretches are enough? I ask because I dont have health insurance atm and was wondering if I should sign up for me to get physio and so on for when I do LL in the coming year or so

RGKEY

« Reply #495 on: June 07, 2014, 02:23:09 PM »

Do you think physio is needed once back home during the consolidation phase? Or walking and doing stretches are enough? I ask because I dont have health insurance atm and was wondering if I should sign up for me to get physio and so on for when I do LL in the coming year or so

my doc said it is not really necessary, but it would help
RGKEY 2.0
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37   Go Up