Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: 9 centimeters on tibias with Dr. Barinov, Volgograd-Russia  (Read 408178 times)

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
Re: 9 centimeters on tibias with Dr. Barinov, Volgograd-Russia
« Reply #496 on: June 07, 2014, 05:44:03 PM »

LOL you're more flexible than I am even with +9 cm. I can only touch my toes even with long ass reach. *going to hit the yoga mat*

Your proportions look good in the vid, even with the lifts. I think humans naturally look good with longer legs, male and female.

And with lifts your walk looks like you got some motorcycle riding experience. Swag.

I agree. But I think in man look good as long as they have muscular long legs!)))
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

GeTs

« Reply #497 on: June 07, 2014, 05:59:37 PM »

They look good only if the arms aren't short

RGKEY

« Reply #498 on: June 07, 2014, 09:00:39 PM »

They look good only if the arms aren't short

that too. or i think super short, like noticeable
RGKEY 2.0

Taller

« Reply #499 on: June 08, 2014, 07:12:49 PM »

Do you guys feel that a wingspan 3CM less than height would generally be noticeable on a broad-shouldered man?

GeTs

« Reply #500 on: June 08, 2014, 09:42:31 PM »

Do you guys feel that a wingspan 3CM less than height would generally be noticeable on a broad-shouldered man?
I can tell only from a picture, because when u calculate wingspan it also takes in consideration the torso width, I need to see your arms compared to your body , but I believe if I didn't know about LL I wouldnt even notice it as people have different sizes and proportions by nature

RGKEY

« Reply #501 on: June 09, 2014, 04:56:59 PM »

WALKING month and a half)) POST FRAMES REMOVAL

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 06:10:40 PM by RGKEY »
RGKEY 2.0

G-Man

« Reply #502 on: June 09, 2014, 05:03:26 PM »

Right on man!!

GeTs

« Reply #503 on: June 09, 2014, 07:08:25 PM »

I think if u fix your bow leg it won't be noticeable that your legs are weird, but if u do femurs it will bring even more balance

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #504 on: June 11, 2014, 01:26:04 AM »

Wow your walking seems absolutely normal to me, do you feel any tightness in the mornings when you wake up? Besides from the bowleg and the inevitable scars, do you have any other type of problems? Also while you were at the clinic in Russia, how many times a week does Dr Barinov visit you?

GeTs

« Reply #505 on: June 11, 2014, 11:07:28 AM »

are u allowed to bent your legs?

RGKEY

« Reply #506 on: June 11, 2014, 04:03:26 PM »

Wow your walking seems absolutely normal to me, do you feel any tightness in the mornings when you wake up? Besides from the bowleg and the inevitable scars, do you have any other type of problems? Also while you were at the clinic in Russia, how many times a week does Dr Barinov visit you?
yes tightness 24/7 in the morning is really bad and when I dont move my legs for long they get very tight. Not other problems. I saw the doctor every days many times a day!))) Sometimes we had long ass conversations over an hour! Lol
RGKEY 2.0

RGKEY

« Reply #507 on: June 11, 2014, 04:04:18 PM »

are u allowed to bent your legs?

What do you mean??
RGKEY 2.0

RGKEY

« Reply #508 on: June 11, 2014, 04:09:27 PM »

The things im not allowed to do is running, jumping, squatting, forget about weights or extra load on legs other than my natural weight. This for at least six months to a year. Btw, I lost 15 pounds so far! Im looking so much better!! Im 155pounds 172cm tall, sometimes I walk and se my self on the reflection of windows and mirrows and I like how I look for sure!!))) And once in a awhile the classic smile from the ladies helps as well!)) Life is looking better now. I like so much how I look that im not sure if I will do femurs now)) when I put my jeans on and my tight tshirt I see a perfect proportions dude walking!))) So I dont know anymore...I mean sometimes I wish to be taller but then risk my the great look I think I have discourages me. Will see
RGKEY 2.0

GeTs

« Reply #509 on: June 11, 2014, 04:17:57 PM »

Are u allowed to do yoga or exercises for legs in the air? Can you exercise , like walking up and down the stairs at slow speed?

GeTs

« Reply #510 on: June 11, 2014, 04:19:38 PM »

Also are u allowed to do push UPS ?

RGKEY

« Reply #511 on: June 11, 2014, 04:40:25 PM »

Yes you can do everything but what I mentioned)))
RGKEY 2.0

Claude

« Reply #512 on: June 11, 2014, 06:50:46 PM »

The things im not allowed to do is running, jumping, squatting, forget about weights or extra load on legs other than my natural weight. This for at least six months to a year. Btw, I lost 15 pounds so far! Im looking so much better!! Im 155pounds 172cm tall, sometimes I walk and se my self on the reflection of windows and mirrows and I like how I look for sure!!))) And once in a awhile the classic smile from the ladies helps as well!)) Life is looking better now. I like so much how I look that im not sure if I will do femurs now)) when I put my jeans on and my tight tshirt I see a perfect proportions dude walking!))) So I dont know anymore...I mean sometimes I wish to be taller but then risk my the great look I think I have discourages me. Will see

Yeah what matters is how you feel, hope you always feel that way and don't listen to crap.

FedUp

• Visitor
« Reply #513 on: June 12, 2014, 11:29:59 PM »

You give me hope man... I'm 163 and seeing you walking at 172 with no problems really brighten up my day. Tienes skype? Hablo español, soy latino, me gustaria preguntarte varias cosas :D

Wannabegiant

« Reply #514 on: June 13, 2014, 09:59:53 AM »

Hey RGKEY, i got a kind of weird question for you,

Sometimes when i sleep these days i get a urge or spasm that i want to flex my leg muscles (those around the knee mostly), and sometimes that results in me pressing my leg downwards against the bed. I sometimes wonder if this could potentially affect the bone formation that is going on inside the incision sites?

because in theory the muscles around would be pushing against the empty space where the callus is forming (its not empty any more but most likely not solid either)

It doesnt hurt but i wonder if this could be a problem, i dont do it often but im worried i might damage the callus even if slightly, and maybe it ends up with my new bone being indented when im dont because of this. I could not really tell how it looked from my x-rays because from the sideview images the fibula is in the way so i cant see the edge of the back of the tibia.

RGKEY

« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2014, 06:50:57 PM »

You give me hope man... I'm 163 and seeing you walking at 172 with no problems really brighten up my day. Tienes skype? Hablo español, soy latino, me gustaria preguntarte varias cosas :D

claro mandame un email)) rgkey12345@gmail.com
RGKEY 2.0

RGKEY

« Reply #516 on: June 13, 2014, 07:02:19 PM »

Hey RGKEY, i got a kind of weird question for you,

Sometimes when i sleep these days i get a urge or spasm that i want to flex my leg muscles (those around the knee mostly), and sometimes that results in me pressing my leg downwards against the bed. I sometimes wonder if this could potentially affect the bone formation that is going on inside the incision sites?

because in theory the muscles around would be pushing against the empty space where the callus is forming (its not empty any more but most likely not solid either)

It doesnt hurt but i wonder if this could be a problem, i dont do it often but im worried i might damage the callus even if slightly, and maybe it ends up with my new bone being indented when im dont because of this. I could not really tell how it looked from my x-rays because from the sideview images the fibula is in the way so i cant see the edge of the back of the tibia.

hey man, don't worry about this!! as long you have your frames on nothing can really happen trust me!!! you still do right?? all your discomfort is because of the pins. those spasms or contractions are normal as the russians say. you have small contraction on your knees wich is normal. the frames are like having 4 extra tibias in each leg))))
RGKEY 2.0

GeTs

« Reply #517 on: June 13, 2014, 07:44:09 PM »

how long can you walk?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #518 on: June 13, 2014, 10:37:14 PM »

hey man, don't worry about this!! as long you have your frames on nothing can really happen trust me!!! you still do right?? all your discomfort is because of the pins. those spasms or contractions are normal as the russians say. you have small contraction on your knees wich is normal. the frames are like having 4 extra tibias in each leg))))

Thank you man for the info but are you sure you understand what im referring to? :p just so i make myself clear, the ilizarovs that i have, do not have rings that go around the leg, they only cover the front of the legs since they are half-rings (except the ring around the ankles) this means that the backside of my lower leg is exposed, and nothing is covering the incision site from behind.

So theoretically if i applied enough pressure on the flesh on the back of the incision site, the flesh could be pushed into the gap between the bones, at least thats how i think it would work. Im afraid that i could potentially disturb the callus by applying pressure there which would cause the muscle to push into the callus formation which might make it indented.

When i sleep, i lay down on my back, so the backside of the incision site is laying against the bed, but this pressure is very insignificant so its no problem, however because of lack of activity from my legs, i get the urge to flex the leg muscles sometimes which causes me to push my legs downwards against the bed. So im not sure but im afraid i might be applying a lot of pressure during these moments against the callus, it doesnt happen often but it might be enough to make it indented..i hope not though. The x-rays i take in july will confirm if this is a problem or not hopefully

galaxy1

« Reply #519 on: June 13, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »

Great videos. It must be a fantastic feeling returning home fom Russia and walking around in your home almost 4 inches taller.

RGKEY

« Reply #520 on: June 14, 2014, 12:10:29 AM »

how long can you walk?
i dont know exactly maybe 15 20 minutes
RGKEY 2.0

RGKEY

« Reply #521 on: June 14, 2014, 12:10:53 AM »

Yeah what matters is how you feel, hope you always feel that way and don't listen to crap.
thankx man!)
RGKEY 2.0

RGKEY

« Reply #522 on: June 14, 2014, 12:19:51 AM »

Thank you man for the info but are you sure you understand what im referring to? :p just so i make myself clear, the ilizarovs that i have, do not have rings that go around the leg, they only cover the front of the legs since they are half-rings (except the ring around the ankles) this means that the backside of my lower leg is exposed, and nothing is covering the incision site from behind.

So theoretically if i applied enough pressure on the flesh on the back of the incision site, the flesh could be pushed into the gap between the bones, at least thats how i think it would work. Im afraid that i could potentially disturb the callus by applying pressure there which would cause the muscle to push into the callus formation which might make it indented.

When i sleep, i lay down on my back, so the backside of the incision site is laying against the bed, but this pressure is very insignificant so its no problem, however because of lack of activity from my legs, i get the urge to flex the leg muscles sometimes which causes me to push my legs downwards against the bed. So im not sure but im afraid i might be applying a lot of pressure during these moments against the callus, it doesnt happen often but it might be enough to make it indented..i hope not though. The x-rays i take in july will confirm if this is a problem or not hopefully

i think I understand. in any case for what I know, you are suppose to push your knee down, forcing your leg to be as straight as possible to avoid knee contractions. I think your frame is different I know, but I believe your frames should be strong enough to handle any movement. I dont think your doctor would would let you go with bad frames. I think you should contact your doctor and ask. ive seen your frames, and it seems like they have less stability than the classic ilizarov but they seem fine only different they are not complete ringsnwhich may cause a little less stability from the back of the leg. ask your doc!)
RGKEY 2.0

RGKEY

« Reply #523 on: June 14, 2014, 12:21:03 AM »

Great videos. It must be a fantastic feeling returning home fom Russia and walking around in your home almost 4 inches taller.

yes it is!!)) i used to walk around the same height before with lifts but, but it is a better feeling walking at this height without lifts, it really looks and feel much better!)
RGKEY 2.0

Wannabegiant

« Reply #524 on: June 14, 2014, 12:40:00 AM »

i think I understand. in any case for what I know, you are suppose to push your knee down, forcing your leg to be as straight as possible to avoid knee contractions. I think your frame is different I know, but I believe your frames should be strong enough to handle any movement. I dont think your doctor would would let you go with bad frames. I think you should contact your doctor and ask. ive seen your frames, and it seems like they have less stability than the classic ilizarov but they seem fine only different they are not complete ringsnwhich may cause a little less stability from the back of the leg. ask your doc!)

Yeah youre right :) i should probably ask the doctor to make sure, although while it logically seems like a problem i have a hard time believing they would miss such a design flaw, because you are supposed to lay on your back while sleeping during LL, and naturally some pressure will be applied to the back of the incision sites, so its probably not a problem.

However one thing i can tell for sure, these Ilizarovs seem very stable, however stability really has no bearing on my specific issue. each of the bone parts are kept in place by the pins, but the issue is the empy space created in the middle by lengthening, the gap where the new callus will form. This area is what im worried about since it is exposed from behind with only the muscles in the way. So if pressure pushes the muscles toward the bone when laying down, i wonder if the callus formation could be disturbed and end up consolidating in an indented form.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:41:16 AM by Wannabegiant »

RGKEY

« Reply #525 on: June 14, 2014, 01:00:27 AM »

that is why the pins and rods are for, to make sure that gap or new bone is stable and stay in static position even if you fall from a building!! ;) ;) everything might break and move but whatever is protected by the frames not even 0.0001 millimeters
RGKEY 2.0

RGKEY

« Reply #526 on: June 14, 2014, 01:01:49 AM »

meet 5 feet of love!!!! gotta love this guy!!!

RGKEY 2.0
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37   Go Up