Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doing max 4cm length  (Read 9316 times)

Re: Doing max 4cm length
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2017, 09:50:50 PM »

i swear you guys get pussier and pussier. by 2019 we'll have a mob of you guys claiming "half a cm MAX or else you won't be able to walk correctly".

crimsontide

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2017, 01:09:29 AM »

we have no idea if this  guy  even  had ll. The video could be of a guy who   had a badly sprained ankle and was  testing his leg out to see if he was back to normal

If you think you  can lengthen 6 cm, and  move like that 8 months after the initial surgery, I guarantee you will be very disappointed

i agree with this alot

still when i look at youtube people look more or less normal and happy

the ones with good docs and less amount

Iamready

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2017, 01:14:42 AM »

I think 4 cm is a great goal.

TheLichKing

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2017, 02:05:24 AM »

Tbh, this post is like Megan fox or Angelina Jolie wanting to do plastic surgery or Christina Hendericks wanting to get breast implants lol. (except this surgery is a lot riskier and dangerous)

Dude, you're like 5'11.5, why would you want to go through all that pain, difficulty, time and money consuming procedure? It's not legit in your case. Where do you live?
 :-\
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

jbc

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2017, 02:35:58 AM »

Dude, you have your reasons for CLL and that's fine. I'm not going to judge you for wanting to be taller at any height. Everyone has their vanity.

However, you will not be 100% athletically after you lengthen. You just won't. The safest lengthening amount to be 100% athletically, physically, whatever, is ZERO MMs. You are breaking two healthy bones and stretching your tissue beyond its natural capabilities, your muscles will atrophy during recovery, and it will be 1.5 - 2 years realistically before you have full range of motion, are fully weight bearing, and have your nails removed.

Common sense and logic dictates you're going to trade off something in terms of physical/athletic ability when this much happens to your body. Drs. here have stated this, so did my family doc, and 2 orthos I consulted. I asked multiple physicians because, even though I knew better, I was hoping for the miracle of full recovery like everyone else here. It's just not possible.

However, life is all about making choices. I have a good starting height also, and I'm doing the surgery. I'm incredibly active in sports, always have been, and I know I'm going to lose a step athletically once I'm done. But I made that choice and made peace with it. Know that that will happen and either choose to do it or don't.

I do agree with the other users here that if you're going to go through with such an invasive elective procedure, I'd go for more than 4 CMs if possible. Pick a reputable Dr. and do the lengthening without a biceps femoris tendon release, and lengthen until your body and Dr. tell you it's time to stop. Do tons of Yoga and Pilates before hand, and go in with plenty of flexibility and in the best shape of your life before the surgery. While I don't believe in Dr. Guichet's nail, I do think his method of physical preparation in terms of muscle mass, flexibility and overall physical conditioning most likely gives someone the best chance to come out of this surgery with the best possible outcome.

Best of luck

vegeta24

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2017, 03:48:50 AM »

LL is a business, most doctors will most likely do it for him not for 2-3 cm though. Paley and rozbruch used to have height requirements and lifted those paley talked about doing it on a 5'11 patient when he talked about height requirement. It's pointless for you to do less than 4 CM I wouldn't suggest anymore though. 1.5 inches is a pretty good difference. I think if you go through it you should do external tibias.

Many people here envy your height, so of course they're going to discourage you. Do not think this is a walk in the park though, the surgery is easy to talk about but not easy to do. 4 cm you will make a good recovery if everything is done correctly, 3 will be even better. I'd say you're looking at a 10-15% loss in athletic ability. Although some have claimed full recoveries after 5 cm.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2017, 04:01:53 AM »

You may also develop exertional compartment syndrome and be unable to run for more than mere seconds unless you get a fasciotomy, which will be another expense and a minimum 6 week recovery period along with more required physiotherapy.

Another risk is bone pain during cold weather or rain.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2017, 04:19:55 PM »

LL is a business, most doctors will most likely do it for him not for 2-3 cm though.

Price isn't determined by amount lengthened, therefore a doctor viewing limb lengthening purely as a business venture would have no issue in accepting a patient for 2-3CM of lengthening.

« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »

I think 4 cm is a great goal.

I completely agree. A noticeable height gain while lengthening under the amount where many complications seem to occur. Those who wish to push to more extreme lengths have no right to criticize somebody wishing to be more conservative.

abo

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2017, 08:03:36 AM »

Hmm iv been reading around internet it says fixin your posture can help you grow a few cm... is that   true or? iv had a bad posture my whole life and i was thinking about fixing it since iv get so easy sore in my back because of weak muscles... and im tired to look like quasimodo tbh.

So is there somone here that have fixed their posture and acctually gaind some cm or is this all bull ! ill do it anyway because i really need to fix my back and neck but it would be a nice bonus if it added on a few cm.

Bander72

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2017, 08:06:21 AM »

Hmm iv been reading around internet it says fixin your posture can help you grow a few cm... is that crap true or? iv had a bad posture my whole life and i was thinking about fixing it since iv get so easy sore in my back because of weak muscles... and im tired to look like quasimodo tbh.

So is there somone here that have fixed their posture and acctually gaind some cm or is this all bullcrap! ill do it anyway because i really need to fix my back and neck but it would be a nice bonus if it added on a few cm.

Take glucosamine inversion table and correct posture you should be able to get 1 cm but then your gonna have to keep doing to maintain the lengthenin.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

abo

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2017, 08:10:36 AM »

Take glucosamine inversion table and correct posture you should be able to get 1 cm but then your gonna have to keep doing to maintain the lengthenin.

I was about to go to a physiotherapist to get help... Im like an S when im trying to get a good posture or like hunchback of notredam when im not.

guichethope

« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2017, 06:18:34 PM »

4 is a amazing goal but honestly I wouldn't do it at 177 so imagine at 181

nikolas86

• Visitor
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2017, 05:17:56 AM »

Dude I am 1.80 & 30 years old and I wanna do 4cm too.

MrHandsome

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2017, 06:33:07 AM »

If you'll probably do 2-3 cm, then not do LL at all.
You'll not lose your time and money and you won't risk complications (because every major surgery has complications) for nothing.
Because 3 cm (a little more than an inch) is almost nothing and it won't make any difference in your appearance.

3-4 cm makes a huge difference percentile wise and that is what matters.

5'8 is 20th percentile. 5'9 is about 40th percentile.

Chris

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2017, 07:14:20 PM »

3-4 cm makes a huge difference percentile wise and that is what matters.

5'8 is 20th percentile. 5'9 is about 40th percentile.

I could only do 1 inch due to complications, and I can tell you first hand that even this small amount was noticeable to people (mostly girls) who were up to 2 inches shorter then me or up to 3 inches taller than my original height. This makes the save amount of 4cm very noticeable. But LL only makes a difference in ones life if they jump from "too short" to "below average" or from there to average height ect.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Taciturn

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2017, 07:23:31 PM »

Will i be able to run like before, swim, compete in mixed martial arts?

I will not do more than 4cm more likely iv go with 2-3cm...

Unlike most bitter, close-minded shorties here who think it's taboo for a tall guy to get into this surgery, I support you 100%, but I don't support you paying all of this money, spending all of this time, being subjected to so much pain and trauma for the sake of 3 CM. Go for 5 CM. You'll lose more or less the same athletic ability, but you're getting more height.

Chris

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2017, 07:39:23 PM »

Unlike most bitter, close-minded shorties here who think it's taboo for a tall guy to get into this surgery, I support you 100%, but I don't support you paying all of this money, spending all of this time, being subjected to so much pain and trauma for the sake of 3 CM. Go for 5 CM. You'll lose more or less the same athletic ability, but you're getting more height.

Are short people bitter? Maybe, but they objectively have all the rights to be. Are they close-minded? Certainly not. They see reality much more clearer, because they are the ones who have to deal with it under the most difficult circumstances every f*cking single day. But what do "shorties" know...
Now short LLers are eve getting ridiculed by taller CLLers, awesome  ::)

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Taciturn

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2017, 11:26:02 PM »

Are short people bitter? Maybe, but they objectively have all the rights to be. Are they close-minded? Certainly not. They see reality much more clearer, because they are the ones who have to deal with it under the most difficult circumstances every f*cking single day. But what do "shorties" know...
Now short LLers are eve getting ridiculed by taller CLLers, awesome  ::)

I wasn't ridiculing short people, neither was I associating bitterness with short people exclusively. I was referring to the guys that get butthurt when a tall or average height guy wants to lengthen. Are they close-minded? Most likely not all, but from what I've seen in this forum, my height dysmorphia wasn't taken seriously at all because apparently average guys never get insecure or want to get taller. I sympathize with anyone who ever underwent any form of prejudice or discrimination based on their height, skin color, weight, and what not. My comment wasn't to ridicule short people, or anyone at all. Sorry if it appeared that way to you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up