Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing  (Read 36985 times)

Growing

Re: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2021, 05:14:35 PM »

You’ll get better in the next couple day’s bro. My right leg was dead before but I can move it now. There is always one leg that carries way more pain than the other for me it was my right. My left leg currently feels like nothing ever happened.

Good to hear you're feeling a lot better bro

Activatedxx

« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2021, 06:12:18 PM »

You’ll get better in the next couple day’s bro. My right leg was dead before but I can move it now. There is always one leg that carries way more pain than the other for me it was my right. My left leg currently feels like nothing ever happened.

Hey bro it’s been a few days and my right leg still has very high pain with movement. It’s like a tendon/sharp pain it knocks the breath out of me. Close to my IT band and by the screw lock sites. I have to use my hands to move my leg. It’s like completely limp. You think this is normal? My left leg feels fine
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

billsmafia

« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2021, 06:21:13 PM »

How is Muscat? He did LL too I’m told from website

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2021, 06:12:20 AM »

Hey bro it’s been a few days and my right leg still has very high pain with movement. It’s like a tendon/sharp pain it knocks the breath out of me. Close to my IT band and by the screw lock sites. I have to use my hands to move my leg. It’s like completely limp. You think this is normal? My left leg feels fine

Absolutely normal. I still have 3/10 pain on my top pinsites, and frankly they feel inflated. I believe it will take some decent time for that to heal properly. I currently can’t close my legs so as per the IT Band tightness, you have to remember for 2.5 months we kept stretching muscles, nerves, etc. so it’s gotta heal and that won’t happen within the first month IM0.

As of Monday I couldn’t move my legs in a sitting position but now I can. You’re still fresh from removal so you’ll go through Some strangeness for the next week or two as you slowly regain mobility. Also, make sure your wife or someone is helping you with stretching and some form of PT...that stuff is important.

Today officially marks 1 week since removal. 😩🤩
Meh.

Jokerhastowait2022

« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2021, 09:58:34 AM »

Guys, I know this might not be the right place to ask this question, but since I see a couple of recent CLL patients here I thought I ask it. With knowing all the experiences associated with the surgery such as pain and sleepless nights and being uncomfortable, would you have gone through the process if you were to do it again?

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2021, 11:02:03 AM »

Guys, I know this might not be the right place to ask this question, but since I see a couple of recent CLL patients here I thought I ask it. With knowing all the experiences associated with the surgery such as pain and sleepless nights and being uncomfortable, would you have gone through the process if you were to do it again?

Yes. Definitely not LoN , but even if you do LON ONce that pain leaves and your dopamine’ levels slowly start getting back to normal you start thinking more logical and less emotional.

But that doesn’t happen till after removal.

Knowing what I Know now, I’d have done tibia LON or Precise Femur, But oh well...we move.
Meh.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2021, 01:00:09 PM »

I'd do it again 1,000%. The only difference is I would book my flight a little later to squeeze in a few extra mm.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Apollo676

« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2021, 01:12:18 PM »

Would you go for LON again or might consider Precise instead ? How is your ROM at the moment man ?

Activatedxx

« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2021, 09:19:27 PM »

Yes. Definitely not LoN , but even if you do LON ONce that pain leaves and your dopamine’ levels slowly start getting back to normal you start thinking more logical and less emotional.

But that doesn’t happen till after removal.

Knowing what I Know now, I’d have done tibia LON or Precise Femur, But oh well...we move.

Personally I would never do it again on femur, precice all the way IMO
To late to change that now, already did it but if my prior self had the same knowledge I have now from experience

It’s decent in left leg, right leg still has moderate pain waiting for it to heal
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 09:56:41 PM by Activatedxx »

Growing

« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2021, 11:14:14 PM »

Personally I would never do it again on femur, precice all the way IMO
To late to change that now, already did it but if my prior self had the same knowledge I have now from experience

It’s decent in left leg, right leg still has moderate pain waiting for it to heal

Precice has a longer recovery time vs LON though right? And doesn't it take longer to lengthen. Based on my conversation with Buldu both methods are pretty painful. I guess one is just less painful than the other.

Activatedxx

« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2021, 02:01:12 AM »

Precice has a longer recovery time vs LON though right? And doesn't it take longer to lengthen. Based on my conversation with Buldu both methods are pretty painful. I guess one is just less painful than the other.

If there’s no complication with Lon yes, but actually (with my weight) I would have recovered much quicker with precice because of my complication. But even then, precice is much less painful. It’s just the nail with the screws locked at top and bottom, there is no bottom and top pins x4 each side. You can sleep comfortable, and there is no pinsites.

One of the most painful things was the pinsite infections and the removal surgery for me, but I think the most painful thing was actually the mental pain from having the fixator on for so long and not being able to have any comfort for months
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 04:42:13 AM by Activatedxx »

moretallpls

« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2021, 04:56:37 PM »

Reading i realize the most important is being mentally prepared, because it not good leave istambul with fixator and being far from hospital and surgeon. And again i would no recomend leaving 1 o 2 days after fixator removal, i would stay at least a week. Luckily all will be fine and better soon for you mate. try to get good sleep and eat well

Activatedxx

« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2021, 11:20:50 PM »

One week post removal update

Life is pretty hard. Since removal I stopped taking painkillers altogether, I went through a withdrawal where I would get very agitated and anxious and have serious mood swings/depression.
Because of my left femur I cannot weight bear for a couple more weeks. It was nice sleeping on my side however without painkillers sleeping is a lot harder. It’s easier to sleep now than with the fixators but My hips hurt after laying on my side.
My right leg pain is getting better, but has some muscle weakness and pain still. It was really bad post surgery until yesterday but now it’s just 4/10, really hoping things look better these coming weeks. Not sure if it’s the withdrawal but I was really regretful this week
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 02:18:07 AM by Activatedxx »

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #230 on: August 16, 2021, 05:14:46 AM »

One week post removal update

Life is pretty hard. Since removal I stopped taking painkillers altogether, I went through a withdrawal where I would get very agitated and anxious and have serious mood swings/depression.
Because of my left femur I cannot weight bear for a couple more weeks. It was nice sleeping on my side however without painkillers sleeping is a lot harder. It’s easier to sleep now than with the fixators but My hips hurt after laying on my side.
My right leg pain is getting better, but has some muscle weakness and pain still. It was really bad post surgery until yesterday but now it’s just 4/10, really hoping things look better these coming weeks. Not sure if it’s the withdrawal but I was really regretful this week

You can only get better from here on. Day 11 and I can stand and walk without aid, pace yourself and let your body heal, you shall be fine.

Meh.

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2021, 12:02:37 PM »

Make no mistake with the comparison of pain as it's not even close.

Precise was designed for cosmetic limb lengthening, you are paying for convenience. 2 surgeries, virtually eliminating the infection of risk and knee contracture. Ultimately less pain.

LON (surgery1) you will have metal pins piercing through your fascia and muscles etc of the femur into the bone for approximately 80days depending on your goal, you will likely develop pin site infections and from what I've heard are quite severe.

Surgery2 fiaxtor removal

Surgery 3 nail removal

Surgery 4 If you decide to correct the scars and the concave dents on your Femur due to the external fiaxtors.

**** You may also require a 5th surgery depending on complications

Lengthening times for 8cm usually takes 3 months regardless of the chosen method.

I hope you can see the pain comparison.

All the best

Growing

« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2021, 04:05:37 PM »

Make no mistake with the comparison of pain as it's not even close.

Precise was designed for cosmetic limb lengthening, you are paying for convenience. 2 surgeries, virtually eliminating the infection of risk and knee contracture. Ultimately less pain.

LON (surgery1) you will have metal pins piercing through your fascia and muscles etc of the femur into the bone for approximately 80days depending on your goal, you will likely develop pin site infections and from what I've heard are quite severe.

Surgery2 fiaxtor removal

Surgery 3 nail removal

Surgery 4 If you decide to correct the scars and the concave dents on your Femur due to the external fiaxtors.

**** You may also require a 5th surgery depending on complications

Lengthening times for 8cm usually takes 3 months regardless of the chosen method.

I hope you can see the pain comparison.

All the best

Oh really? you had CLL done already? How would you say the pain was in your personal experience?  Are you happy you went with Precice? You seem knowledgeable on both pain thresholds.

The surgery aspect was anecdotal. Precice requires 2 surgery’s and Lon requires 3. The cosmetic scar removal could be said for both but not required.

From all the threads I’ve read with precice it’s still pretty damn painful. Your bones are broken. Precice thrive in comfort as you can sleep better and move freely.

Base of the diaries both seem to be equally painful. Precice just provide you with more comfort and normalcy especially not having metal attached outside your leg. But that’s temporary for 1.5-2 months and will weight bear the entire time with LON.

Both options have give and take with Pro’s and Cons.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 04:26:38 PM by Growing »

more

« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2021, 05:34:30 PM »

Oh really? you had CLL done already? How would you say the pain was in your personal experience?  Are you happy you went with Precice? You seem knowledgeable on both pain thresholds.

The surgery aspect was anecdotal. Precice requires 2 surgery’s and Lon requires 3. The cosmetic scar removal could be said for both but not required.

From all the threads I’ve read with precice it’s still pretty damn painful. Your bones are broken. Precice thrive in comfort as you can sleep better and move freely.

Base of the diaries both seem to be equally painful. Precice just provide you with more comfort and normalcy especially not having metal attached outside your leg. But that’s temporary for 1.5-2 months and will weight bear the entire time with LON.

misalignment , Infection, restricted ROM, soft tissues damage is bigger in LON FEMUR , PRECICE is much better and safe than LON femur keep it that in mind.

Bob

« Reply #234 on: August 17, 2021, 05:44:11 PM »

misalignment , Infection, restricted ROM, soft tissues damage is bigger in LON FEMUR , PRECICE is much better and safe than LON femur keep it that in mind.

What if you have valgus deformity and you want to both lengthen and do valgus correction in the femur is LON then better than Precise?

more

« Reply #235 on: August 17, 2021, 05:51:39 PM »

What if you have valgus deformity and you want to both lengthen and do valgus correction in the femur is LON then better than Precise?
with LON Valgus can't be corrected. TSF is better option only for correction . if you have time and money for for correction first and later do precice for lengthening.

Bob

« Reply #236 on: August 17, 2021, 05:54:39 PM »

with LON Valgus can't be corrected. TSF is better option only for correction . if you have time and money for for correction first and later do precice for lengthening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZPHPropyV0 . I know it isn't LON - but maybe you could do LAN.

more

« Reply #237 on: August 17, 2021, 06:06:20 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZPHPropyV0 . I know it isn't LON - but maybe you could do LAN.
Basically this is good if you have valgus and shortening of femur is less than 2 cm in one leg.For correction and lengthening 8 cm with this method is not a good Idea.

Growing

« Reply #238 on: August 17, 2021, 06:53:42 PM »

WOW really?  When did you have the LON procedure? Are you still recovering? What made you go with LON instead of Precice?

Growing

« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2021, 06:55:26 PM »

Bob you can correct bow legs while doing LON. I think You've asked this before. If not theres a discussion on in in the other discussion section. Don't Hijack this thread with your random questions though.

Growing

« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2021, 06:58:21 PM »

Wrong. The surgery Can be done at the same time. been in contact with 2 people that have had LON with knee valves correction. Lon itself doesn't fix the issue. Theirs 2 different processes that are done at the same time while they have you cut open already. The problem people have with you is you haven't experienced any of this stuff yourself and you speak with such confidence, but you have no idea what you're talking about. I compare it to someone teaching you how to drive, but never owned a license and only know what they've read from the Driver's ed manual with no real world experience. Then you keep talking to folks that don't want you addressing them. Theirs no block feature on here unfortunately, so we have to put up with it.

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2021, 07:58:34 PM »

@ Growing

By no means am I "anti LON" and my point was it's quite clear that the pain is significantly different.

Again all the best with your procedure.

Activatedxx

« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2021, 10:25:52 PM »

Brother your opinion will change if you go through with it trust me. Precice you will feel fine after the first 4-5 days and there is no pain from Pin installation x4 each side. LON is having knives in your sides for months, and the removal is painful

And there is no risk of the distal part of the nail getting stuck which happened to me and another patient while lengthening, it made my femur break even more. Although it will heal on it’s own it’s another risk along with knee flexion contracture etc
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 11:24:53 PM by Activatedxx »

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2021, 10:57:20 PM »

Bro people still feel plenty of pain when doing precise. Diaries here AND the patients doing precise at the Turkish hotel all felt some serious pain. The procedure is the same bro.
A lot of nerve and muscle pain. But they don’t have pain from infections which must be really f’in nice. Infection pain is, as Activated said, like KNIVES stabbing your legs. This is no joke it’s so painful I was terrified of moving. Antibiotics can help resolve it in 3-5 days
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Growing

« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2021, 02:48:39 AM »

Brother your opinion will change if you go through with it trust me. Precice you will feel fine after the first 4-5 days and there is no pain from Pin installation x4 each side. LON is having knives in your sides for months, and the removal is painful

And there is no risk of the distal part of the nail getting stuck which happened to me and another patient while lengthening, it made my femur break even more. Although it will heal on it’s own it’s another risk along with knee flexion contracture etc

I get it but people are acting like thiers zero pain after the first week with precise or complications. Im literally reading one now where the guy leg literally snapped in half a year later.. ouch. Another journal I was reading one leg stopped growing (the Precice nail DID get stuck) so he had to get the leg re-broken (at extra cost) to fix it and they've all had pain, even 2 years later. All these journals are on here right now. They just have been skipped over because they are from 2-3 years ago. But I read everything. I know Lon is painful but everyone saying things haven't had precice. that's all im saying. Im not just looking at recent years journals im going 5-7 years back to see how these things turned out.

And theirs not many journals with the side rail type LON frames. its very recent and less than 4 people on here so we really don't know its long term affects. From my accesment majority of journals here are Pricice, Betz nail, iliarov, and stryde. All these methods came with many issues and some scary based off the journals I've read. When it comes to Lon the only Journals are Meck, Perfect Body, and activatedxx. I know fivefootsomething as well but he don't have a journal. And I wouldn't count Meck because his lengthening was extreme. Theirs not enough long term data of people here who's done LON on here to say what the future would look like post op vs the 100's of other methods that have years of post op follow up posts.

It sucks that happened Acttivatedxxx. And hell I might have a complication myself. But theres no guarantee things would have been smooth sailing if you took another method to lengthen like I mentioned above. And those 2 cases of precice I mentioned, I wasn't even searching for it. I just was reading ol journals and saw it happened. And that's 2 out of the 5 precice journals I've read so far.

Growing

« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2021, 02:50:39 AM »

Bro people still feel plenty of pain when doing precise. Diaries here AND the patients doing precise at the Turkish hotel all felt some serious pain. The procedure is the same bro.
A lot of nerve and muscle pain. But they don’t have pain from infections which must be really f’in nice. Infection pain is, as Activated said, like KNIVES stabbing your legs. This is no joke it’s so painful I was terrified of moving. Antibiotics can help resolve it in 3-5 days

This is exactly what I'm saying. I agree. from the Journals I've read people who had precice had lots of pain AND some have had major complications. Thats why read the journals. It literally tells you the true story vs heresay.

Activatedxx

« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2021, 04:07:52 AM »

I get it but people are acting like thiers zero pain after the first week with precise or complications. Im literally reading one now where the guy leg literally snapped in half a year later.. ouch. Another journal I was reading one leg stopped growing (the Precice nail DID get stuck) so he had to get the leg re-broken (at extra cost) to fix it and they've all had pain, even 2 years later. All these journals are on here right now. They just have been skipped over because they are from 2-3 years ago. But I read everything. I know Lon is painful but everyone saying things haven't had precice. that's all im saying. Im not just looking at recent years journals im going 5-7 years back to see how these things turned out.

And theirs not many journals with the side rail type LON frames. its very recent and less than 4 people on here so we really don't know its long term affects. From my accesment majority of journals here are Pricice, Betz nail, iliarov, and stryde. All these methods came with many issues and some scary based off the journals I've read. When it comes to Lon the only Journals are Meck, Perfect Body, and activatedxx. I know fivefootsomething as well but he don't have a journal. And I wouldn't count Meck because his lengthening was extreme. Theirs not enough long term data of people here who's done LON on here to say what the future would look like post op vs the 100's of other methods that have years of post op follow up posts.

It sucks that happened Acttivatedxxx. And hell I might have a complication myself. But theres no guarantee things would have been smooth sailing if you took another method to lengthen like I mentioned above. And those 2 cases of precice I mentioned, I wasn't even searching for it. I just was reading ol journals and saw it happened. And that's 2 out of the 5 precice journals I've read so far.

Most people don’t make diaries, when I was at bof I met 20+ patients and there were 60+ there at one time, some from other doctors like muharam inam but mostly from Buldu.

Anyways, current version of precice is the revised nail, precice 2.2, but I’m saying the pinsite infections (which you will 100% get) and not being able to sleep except flat on your back with your feet straight out alone will make you regret doing Lon, at least it did for me.

Highest

« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2021, 05:50:43 AM »

Most people don’t make diaries, when I was at bof I met 20+ patients and there were 60+ there at one time, some from other doctors like muharam inam but mostly from Buldu.

Anyways, current version of precice is the revised nail, precice 2.2, but I’m saying the pinsite infections (which you will 100% get) and not being able to sleep except flat on your back with your feet straight out alone will make you regret doing Lon, at least it did for me.

Did you notice any difference in recoveries of patients who had lon femur? Having the pins tear through muscle I imagine would hinder long term recovery.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up