Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: VERY FERST STEP - INDIA - Dr. Anil Raheja  (Read 271703 times)

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
Re: VERY FERST STEP - INDIA - Dr. Anil Raheja
« Reply #186 on: December 14, 2013, 07:51:11 AM »

Congrats Diso! Im still in Delhi btw.

Im conflicted whether I should do LON or Monorail. With monorail I don't know if they let me thru the airport,  I don't have 6 months or money for that long.

Getting a phone in India is a pain, one nneeds passport,  visa and 2x2 photos.  Ridiculous! Good thing though there's a Craigslist equivalent for getting cheap used phones. After a few days of searching in such sites. I realized my S4 is unlocked.

Subway or metro is cheap, less than 50 cents, but once again security is strict.  Baggage,  purse,  backpack check. Long-a**ed line. Since its cheap picture Tokyo metro, the amount of ppl. But im surprised its clean with cc camera in cabin.

Tuk tuk guys will always try to make more money off of you. The amount you see on the meter is not wat you pay, theyll pull out some chart that says this is the correct price.  If u ask why, theyll say, "meter not update".

Im excited about becoming taller at the same time worrying how the process gonna turn out.

Leonardo2013

« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2013, 06:11:49 PM »

Diso, congratulations! How many days since operation it took you to achieve 8cm and what it's being your rate of distraction for tibias and for femurs?

Claude

« Reply #188 on: December 16, 2013, 03:44:29 PM »

Its nice, but please be careful, don't forget that the difficult part comes after you lengthen  :)
And 8 cm is very nice.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #189 on: December 23, 2013, 05:39:37 AM »

Diso,

How are you doing?? ??? It's worrying not to hear from you for so long!

Machine

• Because you are alive , everything is possible .
« Reply #190 on: December 23, 2013, 07:13:41 AM »

hey disobedient and shorty .... nice to meet u guys in person ...
well , now i m back home and i m doing fine ...
may be i will come to delhi soon and meet you guys again ... anyway take care and be safe

i m sorry i was little busy , i m sending you the doctor name in pm .
CU

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 07:18:43 AM by Machine »

Leonardo2013

« Reply #191 on: December 23, 2013, 07:46:40 AM »

Drew,

of course the fixator goes through muscles -- especially the lateral and antterior ones (gluteus medius and quadriceps) and this creates the muscle to assume a shorten position (remain contracted). The quads are the ones the make you straighten your knee, and if this muscle is involuntary activated, then you can't bend you knee. Obvioulsy with lots of physical therapy after frame removal you should be able to recover ROM. However, the longer the frames are on the longer the athrophy will persist. I read that Diso had Knee Manipulation under anesthesia and she woke up with greater pain. BTW, KM is when they knock you out and they forcefully bend and straighten your knee several times to break down the adhesions developed. It is a good technique but of course you're going to be pain (sored) when you wake up. Drew, if you are looking into having CLL I suggest you to read your anatomy, physiology and kinesiology. You can't just go have this procedure and not know what's happening to your body. This is some major s**t and no joke. 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 08:13:07 AM by Leonardo2013 »

Sweden

« Reply #192 on: December 23, 2013, 12:32:04 PM »

Manipulation under anesthesia is a terrible idea.
Many have wrecked their knees this way.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

JP

« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2013, 02:49:17 PM »

Drew, if you are looking into having CLL I suggest you to read your anatomy, physiology and kinesiology.

ok.

Drew,

of course the fixator goes through muscles -- especially the lateral and antterior ones (gluteus medius and quadriceps) and this creates the muscle to assume a shorten position (remain contracted). The quads are the ones the make you straighten your knee, and if this muscle is involuntary activated, then you can't bend you knee.

Leonardo2013,

this didn't help.Sorry

I talked to Doctor Yasser he stated that the monorail does not go through the muscles. Now, I realize that while Disobedient is using monorail, but this isn’t true in her case.

Leonardo2013

« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2013, 08:51:16 PM »

Drew, then how in the world are they going to get to the bone if they do not go though the muscle? The femur is surrounded by big -- huge -- muscles such as the quads (there's 4) and the Hamstrings (has two heads). Here's two articles you may want to take a look at:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2994627/

http://books.google.com/books?id=yNTED-6REewC&pg=PA680&lpg=PA680&dq=lengthening+femur+muscle+stiffness&source=bl&ots=vaGT_BNpOw&sig=LsZFcULZ-xd74gHdhYAsP5mDvP4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=paC4Up7mLKLmsASnwoC4Ag&ved=0CFgQ6AEwCDgK#v=onepage&q=lengthening%20femur%20muscle%20stiffness&f=false

JP

« Reply #195 on: December 23, 2013, 10:08:36 PM »

Drew, then how in the world are they going to get to the bone if they do not go though the muscle? The femur is surrounded by big -- huge -- muscles such as the quads (there's 4) and the Hamstrings (has two heads). Here's two articles

Leonardo2013,

The issue is not with the muscles – obviously the monorail go through the muscles.

Except that I trust Doctors in general and Doctor Yasser  said that the monorail didn’t go through the muscles.

Leonardo2013

« Reply #196 on: December 23, 2013, 10:44:36 PM »

Drew, just to give you my two cents. Be careful of Dr Yasser Elbatrawy from Egypt. I've followed him for years and at some point I considered him as one of my options but I read some bad reviews of him from former patients that state he painted everything wine and roses and wasn't like that after they had surgery. So, I suggest you to check out http://www.shortsupport.org/Health/Leg-Lengthening/hospitals.html for more info. There were diaries of Elbatrawys' patients in old forums but unfortunately they no longer exist. Anyways, good luck and inform yourself very well.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 10:49:33 PM by Leonardo2013 »

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2013, 04:24:24 PM »

Hello girl,

How is everything with you? Have you stopped the distraction process? I finally did it, tomorrow the tugging begins. Pain is sometimes almost unbearable even with painkillers. Pains so bad I had thoughts of removing the frames and give up. Well, that passed but not without sleepless nights. Im bowing to anyone who does quad any day.

Monorail not going thru muscles in femur? Impossible. I studied anatomy for art, our femur is wrapped in layers of muscles.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #198 on: December 27, 2013, 05:14:23 PM »

I think a little bit of unwrapping goes on during the surgery so they can get a clean shot at the femur with the pins.

Blackhawk

« Reply #199 on: January 04, 2014, 04:52:51 AM »

We haven't heard from you in awhile Disobedient.

How are you doing?

Sweden

« Reply #200 on: January 04, 2014, 07:41:54 AM »

Is she dead?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #201 on: January 04, 2014, 04:04:51 PM »

Is she dead?

Possibly, or maybe so many complications she doesn't want to post about it anymore.  I hope not, but this was risky and ill-advised surgery.

Disobedient

« Reply #202 on: January 04, 2014, 05:24:13 PM »

I didn’t die .. at least not yet..

I know it has been long time since my last post.. but I was so lazy and every day I find to myself excuse to delay posting ,like ,I’ll post when I’ll do my next x-ray and so on..
As a desert creature I  really think the winter season is for nothing but sleeping.. and it’s bother me a lot that I can’t do that “sleeping” in a right way ! .. well you can’t sleep Very well when you got four monorail devices attached with your legs .. don't do LL  in the winter! It sucks ..I really should have done it in May..!

Anyway so what is my latest news
Firstly: I reached 11cm (5.5cm in tibia, 5.3in femur), Dr. Rah told me to stop lengthening so I can improve my chance to recover very well in terms of improving the range of motion…
So I did.. I really wanted to stop at 13cm but 11cm is not too bad, and by that I became 163cm-164cm..
Now I’ll list the other bad news that I got
Firstly.. I have a misalignment again in my femur.. Dr rah said it’s just 10% so I don’t have to worry.. but I insist that I want it to be adjusted , so he said he’ll do that after few weeks “ till my bone consolidate little bit..”
Secondly, I have ballerina foot, it’s really funny that I was proud of myself that I don’t have it, but when machine visited me he stated that I do have ballerinafoot..! it was a shock to me …cause when I set my heels still touch the floor....
I was really devastated to know that.. Especially when I confirmed it with my dr “but according to him this problem will start to disappear after I’ll start standing”
Funny thing that I asked my PT if I have ballerinafoot and he said NO I don’t have.. Indian PT know nothing really.!!

I’m so annoyed that I’m not allowed to stand..!  good thing that the frame will be remove after 6 weeks
What else …? I dunno.. seeing shorty doing better than me “in term of mobility and less complications that he has” makes me feel bad about myself…
It is almost 3 months since I did LL.. I really want to walk and stand again.. being in bed for 3 months is something you really don’t want to experience in your life..
But yeah I’m 164cm

Leonardo2013

« Reply #203 on: January 04, 2014, 05:48:07 PM »

Diso, I'm glad to hear you're ok. For a moment it crossed my mind that you had ditched us for good, but good thing you didn't. Now I can hardly wait to hear (read) how your consolidation phase is going to be. Congratulations on your achievemnt --  I think 11cm is more than a very good amount. You say you don't  recommend to do CLL in the winter and rather in May. But my question is I thought the winter (Nov-Feb) in India was better 'cause it ain't that hot and there's less mosquitoes than in the Summer or Spring. What do you think? I mean, I'm still concerned about Malaria. Did you use any creams or repellents? Good luck from here on and please keep us posted and tell Shorty to stop by the forum and drop a line, too.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:53:26 PM by Leonardo2013 »

Disobedient

« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2014, 06:15:45 PM »

Hi Leo

yes there are less mosquitoes in winter ..but if you'll stay in your room for 24 hours, so I don't think you have to worry about mosquitoes
and when you go out u could use mosquito repellent spray ... that's what  I do
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:19:11 PM by Disobedient »

Blackhawk

« Reply #205 on: January 04, 2014, 07:13:36 PM »

That's great to hear that you are doing well Disobedient!

I think we all expected you to have some complications and if what you have now is the worst of it then I would say you have been pretty lucky. 

11cm is an awesome gain!  Can you post some pics when you have time?

Good luck on the rest of your recovery!  :)

Disobedient

« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2014, 01:40:26 AM »

I don't take photos.. and there is nothing to show since I'm just laying in the bed almost whole the day...

this pic I took it with my laptop 10 days ago..

the scar is kind of soo bad... but I'll got surgery to remove them after one year I have to save sm money first  :D

Disobedient

« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2014, 01:44:20 AM »

posting this pic make feel that I'm still short  :-\  :-X ! ...
Maybe if I lost sm kg and toned my muscle my legs will look long ..

Taller

« Reply #208 on: January 05, 2014, 02:28:46 AM »

this is my last x-ray... note this x-ray has been taken before the operation

It seems your fibula bones are not attached in any way to your tibiae. Has this caused you any problems while lengthening?

Smallguy

« Reply #209 on: January 05, 2014, 04:07:32 AM »

Maybe the colour of the picture looks a bit washed-out due to your laptop, but your legs look fine.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Sweden

« Reply #210 on: January 05, 2014, 04:58:54 AM »

Glad to see you alive.

If your doctor remove everything without putting in 4 IMnails or metal plates you will break all of your bones again when trying to stand up.
Just saying.

If he doesn't do that you have to wear the rails for another 6-7 months. If you don't stand up or walk in this period you will be permanently crippled.

Congratulations to 11cm. Be ready for the hard part!

Blackhawk

« Reply #211 on: January 05, 2014, 05:31:19 AM »

I think your legs look fine Disobedient, and you are not short anymore.  :)  In a few months when the monorails are off you will be able work out your legs and start putting LL behind you.  Make sure you eat well so you can build strong bones.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #212 on: January 05, 2014, 07:27:47 AM »

Diso,

Don't pay much attention to some of the comments up here, most of them are drones for their dr., just focus on your recovery and home.

Best wishes from fellow LLer.

Leonardo2013

« Reply #213 on: January 05, 2014, 06:52:43 PM »

Diso, don't worry about your scars for the moment -- just think about your recovery. Take your time and take it easy in the beginning (do not bear too much weight yet). Good luck and keep updating, please.

tikal

« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2014, 04:38:27 PM »

can u give me the emil of ur doctor? how u got vissa for more than 1 month? do ur dr do ilizarov methode too ?
can u ask and answer me?

hand_sanitizer

« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2014, 04:32:04 AM »

Glad to see you alive.

If your doctor remove everything without putting in 4 IMnails or metal plates you will break all of your bones again when trying to stand up.
Just saying.

If he doesn't do that you have to wear the rails for another 6-7 months. If you don't stand up or walk in this period you will be permanently crippled.

Congratulations to 11cm. Be ready for the hard part!
U're border line psycho. Just saying. :)

Sweden

« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2014, 07:26:48 AM »

U're border line psycho. Just saying. :)

Says someone who doesn't know jack  .

This girl is going to face serious problems.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21   Go Up