Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't judge.. Anyone should get it done  (Read 37818 times)

Ajax2thousand20

Re: Don't judge.. Anyone should get it done
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2014, 10:11:51 AM »

I was trying not to judge you but if you have a credit card debt, only make 20k per year and will be spending that entire amount on a surgery you don't even need (although you want it) I'll be doubting the soundness of your judgements in general. Sure, it's your life, do what you want do with it and do what makes you happy, but it's such a tragic waste of time and resources. I've spoken with way shorter guys who wanted to do this surgery and were considering going under serious debt for it, I also told them not to. As long as one has the financial stability and freedom to do LL, heck, shoot for 2 meters if you want. I don't know you personally, I just don't want you making a decision you'll regret later. Other than that, Salameh is a good choice considering your budget, but you'll have to lengthen in Frankfurt, Germany - in which case the surgery will get a tad more expensive. Surely you won't go to Syria under these conditions.

No. Syria is too dangerous. That may change when I lengthen but not counting on it. It may be longer than I expect since I financed a car in 2012 and have student loans I need to pay. I know this situation isn't permanent but it will change in the future but the near future is what I want. I think doing 2"-3" probably won't be regretful however, I do have to consider this surgery through a consultation because I know I'm human and that sometimes the things we want most could harm us. As much as some of these guys say and I don't want to admit it, I may just have Mommy/Daddy issues and I think altering my body would be a way to resolve it. I would suggest for myself though to invest in some activities and start an internship and enjoy life in the meantime because it could be a while before I can afford this surgery and even then I may reconsider one day.
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

Uppland

« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2014, 03:41:03 AM »

Personally I just want to stop feeling short but for some reason I can't do that. If I get to 186CM I'll meet plenty of taller men but I will take confidence in knowing I'm not objectively smaller than my friends any more. It'll be great to blend in -heightwise of course, hopefully people wll notice me on my merits.

-A question: I've heard businessmen in general are very tall (to give a upper hand in negotiations and so) is that true?

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2014, 04:33:10 AM »

If you read certain studies, you'll learn that most North American CEOs are many inches above average height, on average. This makes sense, since much of that realm is based on showboating and presence. Taller men would naturally be more comfortable asserting themselves in a physical fashion and to act overbearing when they feel it would be advantageous to their intent. Most people probably feel intimidated by this ability, and thus, the taller men are the most commonly found top dogs in executive roles.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Uppland

« Reply #158 on: November 21, 2014, 04:48:51 AM »

How tall are we talking? I think I read somewhere that the average swedish ceo was 186CM would you say that is a respectable height in the world of international business?

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2014, 07:19:33 AM »

How tall are we talking? I think I read somewhere that the average swedish ceo was 186CM would you say that is a respectable height in the world of international business?

The average american CEO is 6'3" and 6'4" (190.5-193cms) and sometimes taller. I'm doing ll to be a CEO of some corporation! lol jk.

« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2014, 08:23:21 AM »

Personally I just want to stop feeling short but for some reason I can't do that. If I get to 186CM I'll meet plenty of taller men but I will take confidence in knowing I'm not objectively smaller than my friends any more. It'll be great to blend in -heightwise of course, hopefully people wll notice me on my merits.

-A question: I've heard businessmen in general are very tall (to give a upper hand in negotiations and so) is that true?

You want to do it for the wrong reasons. At 175cm my group of friends tower still all over (they are around 195cm) over me, imagine how it looked like when I was 165cm  ;D. But I just don't care and so should you, I know it's easy to say that, but trust me even at 186cm there will a lot of people who will be a lot taller than you. Buy some Nike Airmax and you'll be 183cm around your friends which is fine. Compare yourself to small women, you will feel huge, well at least I do  ;D

And about being tall in the buisness world, it is just more common, there are a lot if reasons why, but being short won't hinder you at all when you have a good education and are good in what you do. Probably CEO's are tall because they are a representative for a company, so ofc they take someone who looks good, which tall people tend to do in suits. But as I said, being short if you're good won't hinder you.

Uppland

« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2014, 08:34:19 AM »

You want to do it for the wrong reasons. At 175cm my group of friends tower still all over (they are around 195cm) over me, imagine how it looked like when I was 165cm  ;D. But I just don't care and so should you, I know it's easy to say that, but trust me even at 186cm there will a lot of people who will be a lot taller than you. Buy some Nike Airmax and you'll be 183cm around your friends which is fine. Compare yourself to small women, you will feel huge, well at least I do  ;D

And about being tall in the buisness world, it is just more common, there are a lot if reasons why, but being short won't hinder you at all when you have a good education and are good in what you do. Probably CEO's are tall because they are a representative for a company, so ofc they take someone who looks good, which tall people tend to do in suits. But as I said, being short if you're good won't hinder you.

Thanks man I understand you're trying to help -and you are but let me put it this way:
I could probably go on and live a good life at 179CM. I would be pretty short by north european standards and I would feel bad about it from time to time but it wouldn't ruin my life or keep from doing anything that I want to. However I feel bad enough about this (and it hasn't gotten better in almost a year) that I'm afraid I'll never be as happy as if I had done the surgey -that's all there is.

Leg lenghtening is something I don't want to do but I really believe -I'm sure of it actually- that in the long run I will be happier if I suck it up for a year and deal with pain, loss of time/money, temporal disability and more or less disproportion. After that I'll be able to move on and live a happier life afterwards. For me I think it's a worthwhile tradeoff overall.

« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2014, 08:42:36 AM »

Thanks man I understand you're trying to help -and you are but let me put it this way:
I could probably go on and live a good life at 179CM. I would be pretty short by north european standards and I would feel bad about it from time to time but it wouldn't ruin my life or keep from doing anything that I want to. However I feel bad enough about this (and it hasn't gotten better in almost a year) that I'm afraid I'll never be as happy as if I had done the surgey -that's all there is.

Leg lenghtening is something I don't want to do but I really believe -I'm sure of it actually- that in the long run I will be happier if I suck it up for a year and deal with pain, loss of time/money, temporal disability and more or less disproportion. After that I'll be able to move on and live a happier life afterwards. For me I think it's a worthwhile tradeoff overall.

You know better what you need. Good luck then!!

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2014, 10:24:38 AM »

Hey man I'm gonna be honest with you. You should be happy now even before CLL because it's an expensive overpriced operation and also being happy now is always an option. I understand that this is something you really want and I do to but I'm not sure what your financial situation is but it could be several years before you get this surgery and waiting for it to be complete and then be happy could be discomforting.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up