Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Total Time Commitment  (Read 28644 times)

Dr Monegal

• Account Deactivated
Re: Total Time Commitment
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2015, 10:02:08 PM »

Dear users

You are absolutely right about insertion of internals spreading patellar tendon may cause permanent knee pain. There are options for internals and we have discussed It several times.
Options to avoid patellar tendon spreading are to perform a suprapatellar approach or parapatellar approach.
Most os LL surgeons (i would say all of us) are aware of permanent knee pain after inserting nails throught the patellar tendon. I totally agree with you that insertion Is a key Point to prevent such permanent issue.

Best regards
Account Deactivated "I am no longer participating in here."

heightangel

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 04:28:39 PM »

I'll be happy if I can walk unaided before the 1 year anniversary of my surgery (June 25, 2014), but won't be surprised if I'm still unable to.

That's too much!  :-\

Joel

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2015, 03:28:02 AM »

That sounds like it makes more sense than tearing through the patellar tendon. Although, I'm sure most people could recover from tearing their patellar tendon in half. Ed Coan completely tore his patellar tendon while squatting during a powerlifting meet in the 1980s, and he was back to squatting over 700 lbs in 6 months.
True look at the crazy   body builders and people do on steroids.  Your not doing steroids and your not dead lifting 700 pounds you will probably lose weight.  Try eating a gluten free paleo diet while you heal doing wonders for me and I'm not doing LL.
5'5 manlet of peace

quevy328

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2016, 06:47:20 PM »

Not sure where to post this, but does anyone know where I can get Cybex testing in Chicago? I'm hoping to do lengthening this August in London with Dr Guichet. I've searched on google and called several places. I can't seem to find anything and all the rehabilitation centers I call have no idea about these types of tests. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2016, 04:24:43 PM »

Total time commitment depends on the surgeon and the patient. In some bad cases more than 3 years. Decide if you want to accept that
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2021, 10:59:18 PM »

Unless your X-rays show signs of preconsolidation, it is always better to lengthen slower. Pre-op patients have overly optimistic time frames. The only patient I know of who did 1mm per day all the way was an athelete. For those of us whose full-time jobs are not sports and stretching, this is not realistic. Once you start lengthening, and experience wide legs, sleep deprivation, and nerve pains, you will inevitably want to slow down, or experience hell on earth.

I have lengthened 3.23cm as of today. Here's a more realistic roadmap with a final goal of 9cm.

1) Pre-op logistics + Op + Post-op recovery: 11 days
2) Lengthen to 3.178cm at 0.78-1mm per day: 31 days
3) Lengthen to 9cm at 0.5mm a day: 104 days (This contains buffers for break days and also accounts for the additional lengthening required due to height reduction from femur curviture and posture)
4) Post-lengthening Rehab: 30 days (assuming weight-bearing nail)

Unless there were severe complications, 30 days post-lengthening is usually enough to get you back to basic functionality and unnoticible gait. Non-weightbearing methods may require an additional 30 days.

This would mean that you can return to life without anyone noticing anything but your increased height after almost 6 months post-op. Less and faster lengthening can probably shave 2-4 weeks off.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

LIVELIFETHEWAYIWANT

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2022, 10:54:05 AM »

I LLed 1 mm a day for 2 months , than on and off in the last month , totaled 80 mms in 95 days .

another 110 days to be able to walk with a Cane . so 205 days  .
Asianmale 36 LL 04/01-07/03 2022 FEMUR 8CM Precise2.2
XRAY: August 19th 40% both legs WHEELCHAIR (50days)
          OCT 21st left 80% right 85% CRUTCHES  (80days)
          NOV 17th  left 85% right 100% CANE      (110days)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up