Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal or External Methods  (Read 26231 times)

concernedmom

Re: Internal or External Methods
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2015, 09:53:40 AM »

You are correct. I am going to wait. He might still grow some. Also I need to save money before I can do it. We will see. Who knows by then maybe new techniques may be discovered.

Sanity

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2018, 02:54:09 PM »

If infections are all you care about, go with internals.  As long as everything is sterile during the first operation there won't be a problem.

With externals there's always a risk of infection.  Although I was infection-free with my externals, even in filthy Guang Ji Hospital.  I credit that to never showering or cleaning the pinsites.  I just left them alone and they didn't get infected.

did that actually work. im curious. ive heard not cleaning the pinsites is the major cause of infections there. ur stating the exact opposite. I too agree with u but generally ppl always clean pinsites regularly. if thats true we need to re-evaluate wats better.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2018, 04:12:38 PM »

Internal, why would anyone even consider external in this day and age?! It is barbaric and well well outdated. And always femurs over tibias, it doesn't matter if tibias are shorter. Tibias should be a consideration only after femurs are lengthened.
If you'll consider overseas, my doctor offers internal for around $50k including a 3 month stay. I put just under 4 inches on my femurs back in 2004.

Sanity

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2018, 05:14:59 PM »

Internal, why would anyone even consider external in this day and age?! It is barbaric and well well outdated. And always femurs over tibias, it doesn't matter if tibias are shorter. Tibias should be a consideration only after femurs are lengthened.
If you'll consider overseas, my doctor offers internal for around $50k including a 3 month stay. I put just under 4 inches on my femurs back in 2004.
I disagree. I think both are equally barbaric as ur altering the body dimensions artificially. And evading pain in modern age isnt technically less barbaric. Pain is actually a helper, it's a natural builtin information system tht lets u know how much bonkerz ur going and exactly where on ur body. i think its a personal preference. there are pros and cons to both surgical procedures.

Regarding the tibia's vs femurs unfortunately I'l have to strongly disagree here. here is my post earlier on that.all my points are based on science. gudluck refuting that! :
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5229.msg94270#msg94270

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2018, 05:27:51 PM »

@ Sanity, you need you sanity checked. Good luck refuting that.

Sanity

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2018, 06:11:48 PM »

@ Sanity, you need you sanity checked. Good luck refuting that.
u getting butthurt over the fact that u've alrdy done femurs wont change the facts/science. Still the important thing is u've got height which outweighs all the disadvantages any day.

Body Builder

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2018, 07:19:33 PM »

External tibias only with a hexapod is by far the safest way to do LL and the longterm outcomes are excellent if you stay up to 6.5cm.

Femurs internals only with a reliable magnetic and weight bearing nail is the second best. More risky as surgery than the first but after that it is very convenient and has no real disadvantages.

External femurs are insane even with lon.
Internals with crappy nails is a bad choice too.
Internal tibias with a good nail is an option. But not better than hexapod as it needs two invasive surgeries (to put it and remove it) although it is much more convenient during lengthening and rehabilitation.

So the best choices are external tibias with hexapod and internal femurs with stryde.
Anything else has major disadvantages compared to these.

Sanity

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2018, 08:37:28 PM »

External tibias only with a hexapod is by far the safest way to do LL and the longterm outcomes are excellent if you stay up to 6.5cm.

Femurs internals only with a reliable magnetic and weight bearing nail is the second best. More risky as surgery than the first but after that it is very convenient and has no real disadvantages.

External femurs are insane even with lon.
Internals with crappy nails is a bad choice too.
Internal tibias with a good nail is an option. But not better than hexapod as it needs two invasive surgeries (to put it and remove it) although it is much more convenient during lengthening and rehabilitation.

So the best choices are external tibias with hexapod and internal femurs with stryde.
Anything else has major disadvantages compared to these.
agreed. although the standard ilazarov frame on tibias does practically the same thing as hexapod, only the manual manipulation is more difficult, more pins and pin-bending is a complication.

on terms of safety i would outweigh external tibia's, tsf or ilazarov over femurs due to lesser surgeries required and lesser risk of FES, not to mention more than double the rates of fractures post ext fix removal or post nail removal of femurs.

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2018, 10:51:40 AM »

To all those contemplating external, please have a look at this fella's x-ray. I really feel for him and hope he'll be ok, but he seems to me to be in agony.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5300.0

So fellow potential LL'ers, please be warned. This forum is full of people with hidden agendas, promotors of various shady doctors and methods. Just watch the trolls jump over me after this message!

The Dreamer

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2018, 01:41:01 PM »

External method on tibia is the safest way to do LL and the less invasive one,with possibility of doing corrections and the best outcome if the doctor knows his own
Internal femurs is the only options for femurs and with magnetic Stryde fullweightbearing will be the second best method for LL
Stryde will annihilate all the old,unreliable and outdated nails(Jamal's,Bliskunov,Albizzia,Guichet ecc)
I hope also Synoste will be released in order to lower Stryde's pricing,competition it is always a good thing and I'm cheering for Synoste or what name it will be assigned from whatever company
Paley,if you are reading this don't think that magnetic fullweightbearing nails will be an your exclusive prerogative,soon new nails will come out
@Tallerinkiev I agree that he is an overrated and absurdly overpriced doctor
But this is the only thing were we do agree
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2018, 02:06:22 PM »

External method on tibia is the safest way to do LL and the less invasive one,with possibility of doing corrections and the best outcome if the doctor knows his own
Internal femurs is the only options for femurs and with magnetic Stryde fullweightbearing will be the second best method for LL
Stryde will annihilate all the old,unreliable and outdated nails(Jamal's,Bliskunov,Albizzia,Guichet ecc)
But this is the only thing were we do agree

Utter nonsense. We'll have to disagree here too. 

If LL is not on your mind anymore, as per you signature, why are you still lingering here?

Sanity

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2018, 07:06:28 PM »

To all those contemplating external, please have a look at this fella's x-ray. I really feel for him and hope he'll be ok, but he seems to me to be in agony.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5300.0

So fellow potential LL'ers, please be warned. This forum is full of people with hidden agendas, promotors of various shady doctors and methods. Just watch the trolls jump over me after this message!
one case doesnt prove anything. there r cases fked up for femurs aswell.

who knows wat butcher he went to and wat happened. som1 might even kill u while performing surgery doesnt mean ll is bad.

notatroll

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2018, 07:23:33 PM »

one case doesnt prove anything. there r cases fked up for femurs aswell.

who knows wat butcher he went to and wat happened. som1 might even kill u while performing surgery doesnt mean ll is bad.

I have examples of fked up cases for internal Fitbones. Send PM if you wanna see.

Bob

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2021, 06:27:49 PM »

If infections are all you care about, go with internals.  As long as everything is sterile during the first operation there won't be a problem.

With externals there's always a risk of infection.  Although I was infection-free with my externals, even in filthy Guang Ji Hospital.  I credit that to never showering or cleaning the pinsites.  I just left them alone and they didn't get infected.

How long did you have your externals on your legs, and did you cover your pinsites with gaze, bandage or anything?

Flokii

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2022, 06:44:39 AM »

Could you please elaborate more about the doctor that you had surgery with please?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2022, 05:47:07 PM »

How long did you have your externals on your legs, and did you cover your pinsites with gaze, bandage or anything?

4 1/2 months and nothing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up